DOTA 2

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Holy shit, this TL v Union game just shows how fucking sheltered and ignorant all these pros and casters are, raging on TL for not giving a shit about a game they had no reason to give a shit about. Morons.
I agree, its honestly no different than the Colts resting Manning and losing week 17 with backups past the first quarter. It can screw someone out of a playoff spot, but too bad they shouldn't have lost that many games if their fate wasn't in their own hands. This is a problem with round robin in any sport, and we just have to deal with these parts of the format. As far as I see it, the right to have fun in a game that doesn't matter is the player's right who earn that option. Its one thing if they just a moved into towers, they gave us an extremely bloody and entertaining game.

Elerion

N00b
To play devil's advocate, it is different from the NFL/NHL/NBA analogies for two reasons:
- The TI qualifier round robin has a much lower amount of rounds. If big favorites are allowed to fuck around once they're qualified, it suddenly becomes a massive advantage to play those teams late in the qualifier rather than early. The lower the amount of games played total, the bigger that advantage.
- Sports teams rest their players to keep them in prime physical form. There's no such excuse in Dota. TL said they "didn't want to give away strategies", but they could have just picked standard heroes and played their usual roles.

Also, most real sporting events will throw sanctions against teams if they deliberately throw a game or field a team weakened beyond reason.

That said, I perfectly understand that Liquid just wanted to blow off some steam. I'm just saying eHug (and other observers) have legitimate reasons to be upset, at the tournament format and rules if nothing else.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't really feel they do, Liquid played wild, but they didn't purposefully throw or did crazy stuff. When GodZ complain because Demon picked Kunkka mid and says it's distasteful? Have we forgotten Demon played mid for a fucking long time? His Beastmaster is borderline legendary(granted that's the only hero I'd give him as legendary). He played Kunkka before, he played mid before, it's not like they gave him solo spectre jungle or some shit. They picked a good lineup, they played it well, they were absolutely dominating even early game. Yes they didn't play 100%serious, but they did play 9 competitive games in 2days, with a lot of pressure to perform considering it's a big tournament, so when they're qualified I don't know why you'd expect them to play serious some more when they still have even more important games to be played. They also didn't play poorly, they didn't throw on purpose, they didn't rush rapiers or go 5 dagon strat. Some item choices were questionable but reasonable, radiance treant for example is actually not that rare(was even a recommended item on him before they fixed recommended items)., it gives him lategame power, you can't ignore a treant with a MoM radiance because he's hitting for 300-350 a hit pretty fucking fast.

Fact is they lost when UG started getting their shit together and started playing really fucking good. I was actually quite impressed when they started winning because they looked like a fairly serious teams, constantly stuns into arrows, good focus targetting, good bkb timings and shit. TL wasn't playing 100% at first but I'm sure once they started losing they started playing seriously, no one likes losing(at least no competitive player), but UG was playing serious the entire time and they definitely deserved that win, considering how fucking far behind they were to begin with.

Not sure what eHug is upset about anyway. Did they see UG vs Liquid and thought "nice we're already in let's relax"? Is that how little they thought of UG? And we should pity them? Upsets happen all the time, even if Liquid played seriously who knows if they would have actually won. And then UG and eHug played, it's not like by letting UG have a chance they condemned eHug. And they lost that. So maybe UG wasn't that bad? I mean the fact they went into a tiebreaker was already proof of that. If eHug felt the deserved better, maybe they should have won more. In the end, they lost to UG twice, so seems fine to me. The fact they're "disgusted" because Liquid didn't win them a spot and they actually had to play for it is ridiculous.

I'm sad we won't see more jigglebilly mirana. At the same time, let's not kid ourselves, UG or eHug, neither of these would be likely to win anyway.

Don't think it's tournament rules either. They played 10games, they lost 4, then lost another to the other team that also lost 4, seems fine to me, some teams are gonna lose anyway.

Weaponsfree_sl

shitlord
Don't play like shit and you won't have your fate in the hands of two other teams and whether one "throws" or not. Doesn't matter if they did. I hate the format, but suck it up and play better so that your fate is in your own hands.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Don't play like shit and you won't have your fate in the hands of two other teams and whether one "throws" or not. Doesn't matter if they did. I hate the format, but suck it up and play better so that your fate is in your own hands.
They also had to forfeit their first game because one of their players had finals. There were some iffy things with the scheduling.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I think they are a bit salty that they got stomped by the EU hub so badly, because their only chance was better casting of the games and most of them were pretty one-sided stomps

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does MMR only take wins and losses into consideration?

Seams like what ever role a I play, regardless of my GPM/XPM, and no matter what my K/D I get +/- 24 MMR for a win or loss.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Is Tiny Wisp a common combo now? I just tuned into TL game and they're running Tiny Wisp which is one of my favorite combos to watch.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is Tiny Wisp a common combo now? I just tuned into TL game and they're running Tiny Wisp which is one of my favorite combos to watch.
Yes. It has been for a couple years now.

Daly_sl said:
http://dotabuff.com/players/19769269
mHM3DMk.gif

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really need to get some sort of leadership on that team, because they suck at drafting and strategy.

TC has been absolute trash lately.

Elerion

N00b
Some of the scrubbiest plays I've seen from a TI qualifier contender in a while. Tiny with no BKB against a team with two blinds, two stuns, two disrupt/cyclones and a shitload of magic damage? Viper/Puck engaging 1v5 into a pushing team from the low ground? This team would get wrecked so hard in TI.