DOTA 2

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Overall, TI4 was a MASSIVE success, but... today did feel pretty, "meh".

1. Two Chinese Teams, nearly devoid of personality... except for Rotk. He's a cool mother fucker.
2. "Buried the Lead" by putting the grand finals mid-day on a Monday.
3. A 3-1 finish, were all the games were pretty much dominated by the winning team.
4. Average game time of 20.5 minutes. All games ending with a total avg hero level of 10 and minimal farm.
5. No real surprises. Typical drafts and strategies for the two teams competing.

Nutron_sl

shitlord
Overall, TI4 was a MASSIVE success, but... today did feel pretty, "meh".

1. Two Chinese Teams, nearly devoid of personality... except for Rotk. He's a cool mother fucker.
2. "Buried the Lead" by putting the grand finals mid-day on a Monday.
3. A 3-1 finish, were all the games were pretty much dominated by the winning team.
4. Average game time of 20.5 minutes. All games ending with a total avg hero level of 10 and minimal farm.
5. No real surprises. Typical drafts and strategies for the two teams competing.
ti4 was a major success before the event even began cause of the 10+ million raised.

but 3 weeks from now you wont even remember a single game from this ti.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll remember Universe chrono's and that comeback game from the other night - LGD vs DK.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Have i missed the discussions on how if America cared about DOTA then LeBron would be lifting the Aegis right now?
wink.png

an accordion_sl

shitlord
ti4 was a major success before the event even began cause of the 10+ million raised.

but 3 weeks from now you wont even remember a single game from this ti.
While I agree with this, I think a lot of people are upset because players have gotten better and the meta has evolved.

Rather than playing rat dota and focusing on kills, Chinese teams have realized the importance of objectives. This leads to very quick games when you draft and execute properly, due to the gold/kill lead. It's theexactsame playstyle as Navi 2 years ago, except they couldn't execute it as well and the sloppy play lead to "entertaining" games. Obviously it will be figured out and the meta will change, but the importance of objectives is here to stay.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Have i missed the discussions on how if America cared about DOTA then LeBron would be lifting the Aegis right now?
wink.png
It's true. All our kids with hand-eye coordination go on to become doctors and drone pilots, because that's where the money is. In other countries without science or medicine the kids play dota.

Newbee just knew how to counter their cheesy strat. That's what happens when you know a team, you make them look like shit.

See Seahawks vs Broncos in the last superbowl.
Kind of, VG also had some terrible plays, seriously pub level crap. Super on Ember dives puck under the T1 and dies solely to tower damage? rOtK has a stupid amount of ward vision on an ES running up river to gank him and stands there the 10 seconds it takes to walk to him and gets killed because of it? Some huge over commitments in fights. Etc. Lots of bad decisions in general. Even if they had one strategy they were locked into they should feel embarrassed about some of the mistakes they made.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Midas really helped. Good thing there's not a really cheap item that makes Rosh easier for Alch to pick up.
Not like it would have made any sort of difference, EG had already lost both games when Arteezy went midas, there wasn't anything worth 2-3k that would have turned it. They really lost in the draft, EG thought they could play their own game and largely ignore their opponents picks which left them needing to outplay VG to have a chance of winning.

The face rush strat succeeds due to the massive tower gold influx, combined with starving opponents. I think to beat it you need to be fairly even in the early game and/or have a draft where you can trade towers - I was fairly puzzled EG didn't take DK themselves in either game. It might also be interesting to see KotL, with a few levels he should be able to slow down the push.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
HOLY FUCK THIS AFTER PARTY FUCKING SUCKS.
I'm assuming after this lunatic is off the stage it will be 100x better.

Also, how is this allowed to be streamed? Has there been anything related to gaming other than it being the TI afterparty?