DOTA 2

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
holy crap, just when i get away from pc valve drops the patch, time to dust off my chen skills, because that bad boy is getting some prime time. fingers crossed that they release it on thursday and not next week. also, we get no diretide, which is good, these events were just for abuse by poopsockers who exploited stuff

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
Not sure im liking the exp gold change if your behind. I just realized looking at the numbers that the change could be huge. I think itll take fringe picks like meepo out of competitive matchs bc the risk will be to high. Using meepo as an example he can get to lvl 18 before most heroes get to 12 yet if you kill him your giving whomever killed him double the exp and all of a sudden the rest of your team is behind. The same goes for the heroes that tend to have a ton of gold. Kind of hoping these numbers get tweaked

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Overall look like some decent changes. However the two runes spawning seems like it will make mid bottle even more powerful. I wonder if a meta will evolve now around trying to fight for runes every 2 minutes. Overall looks like a solid patch.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not sure im liking the exp gold change if your behind. I just realized looking at the numbers that the change could be huge. I think itll take fringe picks like meepo out of competitive matchs bc the risk will be to high. Using meepo as an example he can get to lvl 18 before most heroes get to 12 yet if you kill him your giving whomever killed him double the exp and all of a sudden the rest of your team is behind. The same goes for the heroes that tend to have a ton of gold. Kind of hoping these numbers get tweaked
The thing here being, if you're a meepo that is so far ahead of the other team, you should be grouping and ending the match rather than continually trying to farm.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure it works this way for gold. If you have one super farmed carry and the rest of the team is fairly poor, the team total networth isn't going to be much bigger, so the bonus gold from that aspect is gonna be negligible and the rest of the gold is lower than currently. It's only relevant if the enemy team total worth is quite a bit higher than your team. In even matches or matches you're winning, your kills are worth less than currently, but in matches you're losing badly, the kills are worth a lot more, so basically a catch up mechanic.

For xp though, and specifically for a hero like meepo who gets xp so fucking fast, it's definitely problematic as killing Meepo will most likely feed a massive amount of xp since it's likely he'll get his xp without hurting his team's xp too much. In other cases it shouldn't matter too much.

Overall the change also punishes Midas stacking, if your entire team is higher lvl and higher gold but have 2k worth of a shit item like Midas, deaths are gonna be extremely brutal. Seems like a fairly solid system, other than the Meepo anomaly.

You also get more xp at 3+ heroes on a kill than before even with the xp factor being 0(team xp being the same or you leading), so I guess faster leveling, but you get less gold than before if the networth factor is 0 or close to it, especially if you solo kill someone say early in the game when teams have equal networth(old 125+12*lvl, new 40+7*lvl).

One thing I dislike is they're using Networth for gold calculations, which doesn't take into account buybacks. Your team's networth could be artificially lower than intended if you buyback a lot, giving you an advantage since the enemy doesn't get as much gold as they should if it was gold gained. Maybe they'll change networth calculations though.

Patch has a lot of cool changes, definitely want to see it in action. The chen change is pretty cool, finally being able to dominate ancients, though not sure any of them is worth it other than being a lot tankier than normal shit. Problem is you remove a lot of your team's ressources by dominating ancients that might end up being fed to the enemy carry if you lose a teamfight. I guess if you grab an enemy ancient it's nice though. Dragons might be good for base sieges too.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah I think a wait-and-see is the best approach for this patch. It introduces and reworks a ton of shit that may or not be fair at competitive tier but I think most people will agree it seems to inject a bunch of fun factor into the game.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
The bkb change is pretty enormous, you're really not going to want to burn the 10-second charge merely to TP. I wonder if it increases the popularity of Linkens along with heroes with natural magic immunity (Lifestealer, Huskar, Omniknight)

Flank_sl

shitlord
The bkb change is pretty enormous, you're really not going to want to burn the 10-second charge merely to TP. I wonder if it increases the popularity of Linkens along with heroes with natural magic immunity (Lifestealer, Huskar, Omniknight)
I expect that Omniknight will see more use as several buffs now go through magic immunity. Also, the damage from his heal will go through BKB.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Well, changes to Soul Ring should help him out build a Bloodstone for mana regen + respawn timer + extra damage.

I'd like to see his aura buffed up a little bit, increase the range.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just because soul ring builds into bloodstone now, doesn't make that a good item for everyone to build into who makes a soul ring normally. Omni definitely shouldn't build bloodstone, it doesn't offer him what he needs as a support. Soulring to BS is like 4000 gold. Force, Aghs, and many other items would yield more value. And if you're building him to smash nerds right click style you'd never build the bloodstone then either.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Is there something I'm missing because the amount of carry Omni's lately seems to have greatly increased. It seems to be decent in the early to mid game but late game it's just hilariously bad and every game has turned into a loss when I see it for whatever team has the carry Omni.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
I've seen it maybe 3 times in hundreds of games, and none recently. It's kinda funny because it can be badass early to mid, but yeah, I remember the last game playing against one and how ANNOYING AS FUCK the dude was, but we eventually just beat the shit out of his team without a challenge.

That guy in particular stands out in my memory because I think he was like 17 and 2 or something mid game and seemed to be whomping us out of nowhere at every turn. I don't think they had any hard carries and it just fell apart for them.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Somewhat surprised about the backlash so far to the Gold/XP changes. I like it so far as last night it never felt that my team was out of the game if we could just get some kills but I'm seeing a lot of people crying about losing now when in 6.81 it would have been an easy win. I guess your positioning and not dieing when in the lead is now more important than ever.

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seems like you should always pick super greedy, eventually you will kill someone and get a massive gold boost so you may as well have heroes that benefit from items.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
So hear me out boys. This is going to be >New Meta.

Treant Protector's going to be played as a 2/3, Rush and Aghs on him. Place an Eye of the Forest at every single jungle camp, your jungle first and progressively do it in the enemy jungle when you move around there. When you cast Overgrowth anywhere on the map (70 second CD) you'll clear every single camp except Mud Golem/LARGE Centaur creep at 16.

Enemies wont deward your own jungle, so at best you're clearing out the entire jungle every minute. Also can do multiple stacks at once. You can put the eyes of the forest inside the camps as well, they wont be dewarded MOST of the time and if they do it's going to HAVE to be with a gem, so at the least you forced the enemy into a gem.

This is actually viable with him as a 4, if you can get aghs ~20 minutes in it's STILL going to be extremely useful.

You heard it here first.