Dr. Cliff Huxtable was a mega rapist

khalid

Unelected Mod
That one model said, "Yep. He tried to do the same thing to me. I told him no and then went home."

This is not what a rapist does. This story does not end with "and then went home" when a rapist is involved.
Huh? You are smarter than this Iannis.

His MO from all these stories wasn't physical violence. It was drugging them so they couldn't resist. If someone refused to give him the opportunity to take the drugs, then they probably could go away. This doesn't contradict the other stories at all.

iannis

Musty Nester
No, but it sure as shit does show consent.

We're talking about 40 of them. A part of the argument for the "rape" is that he had a "reputation". A large part of the argument is that, gosh, 40 of them!! FOURTY!!!!

It's either one way or it's the other way.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Well, do they know what drug he used? Giving chicks ecstasy or quaaludes or w/e is not exactly new game, and not sure it'd qualify as rape by intox either. Roofies, yes, other tranquilizers yes. But not sure what he is claimed to have given them, and without knowing, it's hard to pin down.

I will agree this many women all telling the same story makes it look bad for him.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Giving chicks ecstasy or quaaludes or w/e is not exactly new game, and not sure it'd qualify as rape by intox either. Roofies, yes, other tranquilizers yes.
Doesn't matter what the legal definition of it is to me. Giving anyone mind-altering drugs without them knowing about it is horrific enough, let alone having sex with them afterwards.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Agree. What are the specifics? Was it "hey take this pill so we can have some fun" or was it like mixed in the drink roofie style?
Some of them thought they were just having some tea or coffee with him. A few others said they had a headache or something and he offered them some medicine. It wasn't "this is gonna be fun!" style.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Some of them thought they were just having some tea or coffee with him. A few others said they had a headache or something and he offered them some medicine. It wasn't "this is gonna be fun!" style.
That is indeed fairly rapey

iannis

Musty Nester
40 years later that's what they say. They also say he had a reputation for doing this shit. It's a he said / she said, and the she saids are less consistent than the he saids. Pretty easy when it's 40 on 1, sure, I'll grant you that.

At the end of the day there is no proof either way, so believe what you like. I don't begrudge you for thinking what you wanna think. Maybe he was a calculating rapist. But there's no fuckin' proof of it.

If they can provide something more substantial than a horror story I will quite willingly change my opinion on the matter. No one has yet. And some of them in the 40 are even saying, "Oh now. You weren't THAT wide-eyed."

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
How are they less consistent? They all are telling the same tale. He said he'd help me with my career, he gave me something and I blacked out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's easy to keep your story straight when your story consists of 'oh yeah that totally happened to me too'

khalid

Unelected Mod
There is just no logical reason that all these women, many of whom are successful, would just come forward and make shit up on a guy that was so respected. If it was a few people, many with financial motives, it would look quite a bit more dodgy. That isn't true in this case.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
why do many many successful or reputable people come forward and say they saw space aliens or bigfoot or the loch ness monster? people have a strange experience and dunno how to explain it and they hear somebody else say something and it sort of fits with what happened to them and then they decide in their mind that it totally happened to them too. some or a lot of them arent even lying in their mind. they just dont know how to explain it. these chicks may have been hanging with the coz and maybe they were already on drugs since these are the 60s and 70s and passed out. then when they woke up they felt disoriented, they file it away in their mind and 40 years later somebody on tv says cosby raped them with a mysterious knockout drug and then their memory comes back and its like a connection is made.voila. cosby raped me too!

sorry, 0 evidence out of 20, 25, 50 or 100 claims is still zero. come on, these many women and none of them said shit right after the fact? i dont want to defend cosby, i am not a big fan of cosby, i dont think i ever watched more than an episode or two of the cosby show back in he day. he is no hero of mine.

i just am saying this doesnt make any damned sense for these women to never report him and stay quiet for 40 years. at least sandusky had eyewitnesses.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You know that these accusers aren't all from 40 years ago right?
the more recent these become its actually worse because the stigma about reporting rapes lessens more and more as the years go by. i want one corroborating witness, i want one police report. give me something?

khalid

Unelected Mod
i just am saying this doesnt make any damned sense for these women to never report him and stay quiet for 40 years. at least sandusky had eyewitnesses.
You know many of them didn't stay quiet. Just almost none of them reported it to the police.

As for why they didn't report it to the police. Well duh, it would have been "he said she said" with Bill fucking Cosby. The best case scenario for them still would have been career-ruining. They would never make it as an actress, they would just be known as the girl Bill Cosby raped.