Dr. Mario's Retard Rehabilitation Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I am disappointed American Inventorfaggot was the best you could do. I expected a bit more creativity really. Maybe next time.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
See, on the one hand I don't see how people can so casually dismiss the existence of 'rape culture' while failing to condemn someone who says 'you need a good raping to see the light' because it's just 'one idiot saying stupid stuff to another idiot'. Or to constantly bring up the few highly publicized false rape cases even when you know they're basically irrelevant to any discussion about rape. Even if things are getting better here in America, those 1 in 3 statistics prove that it's still a pretty massive problem, especially if you consider the number is almost certainly higher due to underreporting. So yeah, some of you express some pretty fucked up views purely for the sake of disagreeing with Mist.

On the other hand, I can only guess what the fuck is wrong with your thought processes Mist. You seem to honestly think that a couple crude signs about sex are some form of terrorism and when people disagree with your irrational belief you say they deserve to be castrated. You talk about the existence of MRA sleepers. You make authoritative claims about how 'the cops dont care' without any kind of citation to back up this claim. You say stuff like 'In my opinion, no sane person would bother reporting a rape in this current environment unless they have ironclad evidence.' without having ever actually provided any evidence to support your theory of the current environment, relying entirely on 'its this way because I say its this way'.

If you express these beliefs on the other forums you say you post on, you're probably doing every bit as much of a disservice to rape victims as Emma Sulkowicz did.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The castration/murder thing was fucking irony, idiot. You idiots will go out of your way to defend people who spout vile, hateful, and violent threats, until those threats are turned against you.

In fact, everyone in these gamergate communities is so vehemently in favor of free speech until free speech is used against them.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
I don't think people should attack sarkeesian so I don't get how you can see the difference between not liking something and advocating violence to suppress it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Aside from your inability to distinguish between someone advocating non-specific violence against women (which is abhorrent) and making very specific direct threats to people, you don't appear to have any defense of your hysterical raving about how crude signs about sex are a form of terrorism.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh I can distinguish perfectly fine. All of you keep making that mistake, as if I'm too crazy to understand the different. I understand the difference just fine. I just don't know why anyone would waste their time defending valueless speech.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Who decides what speech has value and what doesn't? The fact that you can't recognize a slippery slope when you're standing at the top of one is kind of sad.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The real threat to free speech is abusing it to the point where these crazy zealot SJWs, who are more organized and have more friends in the media than you ever will, are able to successfully take it away from you. Yeah, it'll be just like prohibition, it won't work and it won't last, but you seriously risk suffering the consequences of a generation of censorship because you chose to stick up for hatespeech over basic human decency.
And if that's the price that must be paid to put the crazy SJW idiots away for another century? Then so be it. Moral brinkmanship isn't a fun game; but considering you called a sign about fucking vulgar sexuality (But not violent) part of "rape culture" and literally said it was terrorism? I can safely say we aren't the ones escalating the narrative.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
you know why that's a slippery slope, you're smarter than that. nobodies qualified to make that decision and nobody ever, call them shitheads all you want though organize a whole group of people to shit on them who cares, it's just words, violence and vigilantism is unacceptable, then you'll get christians or muslims justifying their acts of violence the same way and you'll have torn down all the laws that protect you from them.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You get to pick your battles and you ultimately get to pick the hill you want to die on, metaphorically speaking. I don't understand why you choose to plant the flag on top of a pile of shit. There's plenty of offensive speech out there with real social value. Go pick those hills to make your stand on. But the more you defend valueless speech the more you'll convince people that maybe free speech isn't all its cracked up to be, and those people are way better at this than you are.

Just think about that for a second, that's all I'm trying to say. It's a perfectly rational argument. Sometime, within our lifetimes, and probably within the next decade or two, there will likely be some amending of the right to free speech on the table, in the form of a constitutional amendment that allows the regulation of political speech for the purposes of 'campaign finance reform.' That's a Pandora's Box that will almost certainly get opened at some point sooner or later. Do not give the enemies of free speech an opportunity by abusing free speech in defense of hate.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who decides what speech has value and what doesn't? The fact that you can't recognize a slippery slope when you're standing at the top of one is kind of sad.
Slippery slope arguments work because, despite the fact that they're LOGICALLY unsound, most human beings aren't particularly well known for their logical reasoning skills. Slippery slope arguments work because that's how human societies work, political biases work in terms of pendulums with momentum.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Your argument would have been shorter if you just said it's for the greater good, or the outcome justifies the deed.

So you're still standing at the top of a slippery slope, except you just tipped over a 55 gallon drum of lube.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
And if that's the price that must be paid to put the crazy SJW idiots away for another century? Then so be it. Moral brinkmanship isn't a fun game; but considering you called a sign about fucking vulgar sexuality (But not violent) part of "rape culture" and literally said it was terrorism? I can safely say we aren't the ones escalating the narrative.
So you're willing to endure the backlash of a generation of censorship if it means 'winning' against the SJWs in the end? You really think that kind of dramatic pendulum swinging is preferable to the restoration of civility in public discourse?

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
So you're willing to endure the backlash of a generation of censorship if it means 'winning' against the SJWs in the end? You really think that kind of dramatic pendulum swinging is preferable to the restoration of civility in public discourse?
Hey Mist you play Magic, What do you think of Zach Jesse being banned from the Magic for sexual assaulting a drunk girl at a frat party 12 years ago even though he served his time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hey Mist you play Magic, What do you think of Zach Jesse being banned from the Magic for sexual assaulting a drunk girl at a frat party 12 years ago even though he served his time.
I believe that he was duly punished for the crime he pled to, and served his time according to the law, and reformed given the avenues available to him. And also that WotC is an evil corporation who only cares about their bottom line. I make money off of MTGO, but I don't give WotC my money out of my pocket and haven't for quite some time. They make a lot of decisions that hurt the playerbase and this is one of them.

I do not believe in universal lifetime sex offender registry. Obviously for people who prey on very young children it's a must, because that's something wrong with their brain, but not for all sex offenders. Time served is time served.

I also don't believe that the purpose of a criminal justice system is to be punitive to the offender, so my opinions on justice might be way off base from most people.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Who decides what constitutes, 'civil'?

Status
Not open for further replies.