Draegan sold the site to MMORPG.com

khalid

Unelected Mod
Nothing a_skeleton_03 has done has been a betrayal of the community the likes of what Draegan did.

Hell, not even Tyen's shit is as bad as what Draegan did. Any argument for keeping Tyen banned even has to deal with that standard. If Draegan is allowed on the other forum, then I sure as shit hope Tyen is also.

iannis

Musty Nester
The moderation on the new site is an issue that can be worked out in the near future. Also if you register there for the love of god, use the same user name as here.
I already took soygen. He will no longer taunt me with a November join date.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
The new site is 4chan plus Tyen? Man i hope MMORPG doesnt do anything to this one.
Yeah that's some hardcore hyperbole, Simas. The new site is like this one. Same people. Same points of view. I am gonna guess less moderation than here, but we are all adults. We don't need people to protect our feels.

Cybsled

I already took soygen. He will no longer taunt me with a November join date.
Another reason people will hold off on a board move: People squatting on forum names ;o

It's like the guy who logs onto a MMO day one, reserves names like Hodor, then lets them rot as level 1 name holding alts, never to be played ;p

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this board is like the new board is like my old huffy dirt bike from the 70s is to a 2016 Harley Davidson Street 750

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Another reason people will hold off on a board move: People squatting on forum names ;o

It's like the guy who logs onto a MMO day one, reserves names like Hodor, then lets them rot as level 1 name holding alts, never to be played ;p
That is a pretty bitch move if true.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The new site is 4chan plus Tyen? Man i hope MMORPG doesnt do anything to this one.
Not sure where you come up with this stupidity. The new site is the same as this one. It's the same people and same topics.

Fadaar

That guy

What's funny is I got the name Carlos on my WoW server (Gilneas) a year after launch. No special ALT+# characters, regular spelling. My name isn't even Carlos, just thought a pasty white gnome with that name would be hilarious and it actually worked.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in 1999 when kunark was announced and they said the iksar race was a thing, i immediately made a lv 1 alt named Sleestack. then when kunark went live i deleted the character and rolled my ikky monk Sleestack. i played it off and on during the expansion and then quit at lv 11. when i went back to eq in 2014 i picked up where i left off.
tongue.png

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>

Contact a_skeleton_03 via pm here and he will probably work something out with you if your name was reserved over there by someone else.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I also don't mind having two sites. It is a bit more work than before but really not that much. a_skeleton_03 also needs some time to get that place set up how he/we like it. I like it ok and I'm glad the mobile part works better(haven't had to test), but it still isn't home yet. I mean, any site without a chocolate ladies thread just can't be home...yet. I really do hope the light posters and lurkers at least register in case but I have no problems using this site as much if not more for a while. We'll see.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I simply do not believe this forum community should be owned by an outside party with no attachment to us and a motive to profit off us, and the silence from Draegan and the new owners of the site leaves me no room to offer them a benefit of the doubt that they won't fuck us in the ass first shot they get.
If I hadn't started hearing about this on Steam today, I'd still have no idea that any of this was going on. I haven't logged on in weeks.

I haven't talked to a_skeleton_03 in a while, but I probably would have told him to hold off if I had known in advance. If I understand correctly we've spent the last month operating under MMORPG and I don't think anyone noticed. And while I don't exactly trust that their staff isn't going to to drop a list of demanded changes at some point, and I acknowledge the potential for them to delete everything w/o notice, I also don't really have problem with staying until that becomes a reality (if ever). But I'm also not surprised that a_skeleton_03 went off at the drop of a hat, either - he's been chomping at the bit for years and looking for an excuse to start another forum. But if he's willing to spend the money, then I dunno.

Myself and a few others asked Tuco some questions about the deal with MMORPG in the AMOD forum, and I'll probably wait a few days to see what kind of answers he can give (assuming he isn't AFK for a week dealing with RL stuff and baby, which is possible). I made an account over at Rererolled but I'm still not sure what to make of all of this.

I dislike how this is playing out, to be honest. My biggest fear is that we'll end up split between two different forums. Our overall active population wasn't all that high to begin with.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Meh.

We've already got everyone active and most of the lurkers registered over there bro.

Over 1000 people and still growing.

So it's fine.

Don't sweat the splitting thing.

The way we did this actually is the best way to prevent that occurring, because the only way a "split" would happen is if this place closed without anyone knowing of the new place.

That isn't the case.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
And we definitely noticed.

That's why a_skeleton_03 had a forum in place and ready to go when this shit went down.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I dislike how this is playing out, to be honest. My biggest fear is that we'll end up split between two different forums. Our overall active population wasn't all that high to begin with.
And this is where I am right now. I hate that there is so much activity split between both boards right now. It isn't good, and will only get worse until an official "home" is declared.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
If I hadn't started hearing about this on Steam today, I'd still have no idea that any of this was going on. I haven't logged on in weeks.

I haven't talked to a_skeleton_03 in a while, but I probably would have told him to hold off if I had known in advance. If I understand correctly we've spent the last month operating under MMORPG and I don't think anyone noticed. And while I don't exactly trust that their staff isn't going to to drop a list of demanded changes at some point, and I acknowledge the potential for them to delete everything w/o notice, I also don't really have problem with staying until that becomes a reality (if ever). But I'm also not surprised that a_skeleton_03 went off at the drop of a hat, either - he's beenchompingat the bit for years and looking for an excuse to start another forum. But if he's willing to spend the money, then I dunno.

Myself and a few others asked Tuco some questions about the deal with MMORPG in the AMOD forum, and I'll probably wait a few days to see what kind of answers he can give (assuming he isn't AFK for a week dealing with RL stuff and baby, which is possible). I made an account over at Rererolled but I'm still not sure what to make of all of this.

It's 'champing' at the bit.

Champing.