Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
This game is also like an MMO with all this shallow content collection quests. I'm hoping it gets better but I don't see what the big deal is with the game so far.
Yup, feeling the same way, how do I get out of the Hinterlands, its the only quest line I've got?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This game is also like an MMO with all this shallow content collection quests. I'm hoping it gets better but I don't see what the big deal is with the game so far.
So youre referring to all of the optional quest that you really do not have to do?
biggrin.png
If you dont want to do stupid and mundane quest then just solely stick to the story and its more or less objective based quest.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I bust my ass clearing a nest of level 13 wyverns at level 7 and get a level 13 required item... What is the point of level requirements in a single player game?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Yeah the Hinterlands just made me feel like I was in a shitty Age of Conan zone (with better graphics).

Progressing the story is much better.

Also the first dragon fucked me up good. I was just admiring the scenery and BAM DEAD.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah the Hinterlands just made me feel like I was in a shitty Age of Conan zone (with better graphics).

Progressing the story is much better.

Also the first dragon fucked me up good. I was just admiring the scenery and BAM DEAD.
Famous last words - I think I'm far enough away. Did he just launch a fireball at me? BOOM!! Yup he did.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I see the bioware tradition of not getting any cunny early on is true in this game as well. You'd think after I stared down an Archedemon and blew a mountain top on my head to save everyone Cassandra would give it up.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I just finished the fancy party, and the fade deal. I saved Hawke...As senior moustache the warden Stroud can rightly go fuck himself. Although I really don't know what I would do if Alistair was there, but he's the king. The only issue is i must have flipped Hawke's bit wrong in the keep, cause he showed up a mage. He was definitely a rogue in my play through. Also, it cemented my opinion that the fade is the Makers mind dreaming, and that our emotions effect the emotions of the Fade. The world is in fear, the "Fear" demon was incredibly strong and had a huge swath of territory. The Divine seemed like the conscience? Hope? of the Maker...it's small and weak right now, and as you beat back the hordes of fear, she grows bigger and brighter, until she sacrifices itself to save the one person that can affect change enough to lessen the world of fear, and other negative emotions, shrinking those emotions in the fade. If the mages can dream and dream well, it will turn the fade into something more like Solas loves. The same way wisdom will return after it was killed, the hope will return taking another form.

It REALLY REALLY seems that's where the hero of Ferelden would have been...if the Hero of Ferelden would have been in the game. I also want Leliana to be Divine, but I messed her up in the head. I am seriously considering playing the game again entirely for that....it sucks. It makes such a narrative fit. I guess I can still raise Cassandra to divine, But i thought she would be better suited to Rebuild the Seekers/ Templars with Cullen after the war, fixing all the shit that happens with the Tranquil people.

I have been fucking Blackwall through the whole thing..and his whole quest seemed a bit...disconcerning...at the end. It was like Owen Wilson in Wedding Crashers, except played serious. It was really squicky forgiving him and continuing to get beard dick from him. As a fake woman in a video game I do not see how women could like those kinds of things in romantic comedies. I should have broke up with him and went lesbian with Sera. But my Inquisitor was born straight. Se la Vie.

Also does Ferelden have plastic surgery? My tits are bolted on man, I swear.

I am definitely playing DA:O after this...last time i played it was really buggy. But that was two gaming rigs ago.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
A champion spec tank could solo all dragons in this game, just saying.
Tanks are kind of stupid right now with how the combat system is designed. It simply adds all the percentages together for each type of damage. For example, S/S warriors are immune to ranged attacks even if not wearing armor, because Turn the Blade (20%) + Turn the Bolt (50%) + shield reduction from the front (30%) = 100%. It's also pretty easy with crafted shit to become immune to melee attacks as well since you start at 50% reduction from your talents + shield value, and your CON bonus is just added to it directly. 50 CON gives you 75% reduction, at which point even shitty armor reduces any remaining damage to zero.

Champions can abuse the hell out of their talent that both increases an enemy's damage done and damage taken, just apply it and wait for it to stack up to ridiculous levels. You're immune to damage anyway so it doesn't matter how high it goes.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Tanks are kind of stupid right now with how the combat system is designed. It simply adds all the percentages together for each type of damage. For example, S/S warriors are immune to ranged attacks even if not wearing armor, because Turn the Blade (20%) + Turn the Bolt (50%) + shield reduction from the front (30%) = 100%. It's also pretty easy with crafted shit to become immune to melee attacks as well since you start at 50% reduction from your talents + shield value, and your CON bonus is just added to it directly. 50 CON gives you 75% reduction, at which point even shitty armor reduces any remaining damage to zero.

Champions can abuse the hell out of their talent that both increases an enemy's damage done and damage taken, just apply it and wait for it to stack up to ridiculous levels. You're immune to damage anyway so it doesn't matter how high it goes.
Shit I have avoided that talent because it seems counterproductive, but that makes sense if the damage reduction is a percentage of everything. Welp there go my next couple stat points.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Another major problem/bug is that frontal armor rating is completely unaffected by anything that boosts armor. Also, every character and class, even if they're not wearing a shield or not even a warrior, technically has a frontal armor rating. This means that shield wall's upgrade does basically nothing, because even your rogue has frontal armor rating that's not getting buffed by it. The rest of your party will only benefit from it if they get hit in the back, not the front. It also means that every armor boosting talent is basically useless, because they do nothing if you get hit in the face.

The best way to preserve the challenge of the game is to turn friendly fire on, don't use an S/S Warrior, and don't use flask of fire with focus abilities. Since Spirit Blade can't detonate combos anymore, KE isn't broken anymore as long as you have friendly fire on and therefore can't do shit like stand in your own fire mines.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
We're much more tolerant than those filthy xbone misogynists.

I did play it on an xbone though...