Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The shards are the worst collect quests I think in the history of gaming. Half of the ones I get only get unlocked from the power of shiny skull after I've traversed the area.

I miss when collection quests weren't marked on your map and getting them actually required searching and hunting and not just blindly following a compass.
A few involve searching if you're going for all 160 or whatever.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Farm lurker scales for rogues in the north...and the tomb is the bomb diggity. Du lon has 3 dragons and relatively short zone. Emerald graves is one of my fav looking zones.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Just picked this up last week and enjoying it, for the most part. Combat could've used a couple more design passes, and all the per-zone collect stuff and multipart events are hard to ignore.

Biggest quality of life improvement so far has been forcing it to 60 FPS. Any other pro tips like that?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My Knight-Enchanter is a beast, but man Cole's DPS makes me feel inadequate. He just jumps in and ENDS mobs.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I went that route on my second play through and have no regrets. Was fun just destroying everything with Cass, bull and favorite bubble bitch.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
What the hell was the point of the shards? I kept assuming that they would factor into the plotline in a major way and they never did... or if they did I totally missed it. My first thought was that separate from Power to unlock missions and such I would need X number of shards in order to fuel some ritual casting or whatever but as near as I can tell they are just "go collect shinies ala EQ2 / Rift"

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I have as much fun cleaning shards from my map as I do cleaning up all of my tools / unused materials after finishing a project. If they had a mod that removed it and all the other collection quests from the game I'd install it in a heartbeat.

Diamyr_sl

shitlord
Should I bother playing through DA1 and DA2 before playing this?

I have DA1 already but never finished it, played through maybe halfway when it came out and got bored.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
What the hell was the point of the shards? I kept assuming that they would factor into the plotline in a major way and they never did... or if they did I totally missed it. My first thought was that separate from Power to unlock missions and such I would need X number of shards in order to fuel some ritual casting or whatever but as near as I can tell they are just "go collect shinies ala EQ2 / Rift"
They unlock the vault in the Forbidden Oasis, give you some skill points and permanent resist buffs.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Should I bother playing through DA1 and DA2 before playing this?

I have DA1 already but never finished it, played through maybe halfway when it came out and got bored.
I went in to DA3 with only a few hours played on DA1 and did not feel lost at all.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
DA1 was very good so worth playing but unnecessary to play and enjoy 3. Plenty of synopsis available online to catch you up.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can actually play a synopsis through on dragonagekeep, narrated with the choices you selected.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So this game was pretty cool. I am annoyed that it didn't really answer a whole lot of questions from the other games though. Flemeth thing was awesome though.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you really paid attention, it answered a lot of questions... with even larger questions.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you really paid attention, it answered a lot of questions... with even larger questions.
I am convinced I have figured it all out now. It answered pretty much everything.

Except what the Inquisitor was doing at the temple of sacred ashes when Corpy was there.

The Elven Pantheon and its relation with darkspawn. Tevinter. Andraste. The Maker. The templars and the Mages and the relationship with the seekers. All explained. If you are willing to examine the clues. I haven't exactly figured out the dwarves. I know Dagna is a huge clue, but i havent figured out why they do not dream or affected by lyrium. Unless they are resistant to blue due to dealing with Red during blights etc.

spronk

FPS noob
EA earnings call going on last night, they said DA:I is their best selling Bioware game to date although no concrete figures released.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I went in to DA3 with only a few hours played on DA1 and did not feel lost at all.
Yeah this game spells everything out pretty plainly, so you won't feel lost. Plus they are generally ambiguous in most conversations because they have to work really hard to have statements that are universally true for all endings.