Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Caliane

I generally play high quality RPGs on their highest setting but I don't really care if they have a minimal combat option.
a well crafted game. one that is designed for the medium that it is, will be written with the express purpose and interaction of its medium.
Just those statements of hers alone, means she can NOT write player interactions or visual story telling. She writes to be read in book form. FMV cut scenes at best in game form. Quite literately the opposite of say Metroid or Dark souls with story telling be interactive background elements. where the story is not expressly told to you in cut scenes, but in your actions and movement through the game world, and your own player observations.

I mean, Im a comic artist, and comic art is my forte. you can tell book writers, when they try to write comics. they do not understand panel construction, and how to make use of that for telling stories. It is very different. They write their stuff very structured around very set panels. Alan Moore is huge on this for example, and part of the reason he hates movies of his books being made. A movie can not possibly match the beat the Watchmen comic has. The comic mirrors itself a number of times, by page count. Without pages, the movie can not make these visual parallels. Nevermind trippy shit like the Invisibles, Animal man, or Promethea. or something like The Bus.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
It was said in a Gameinformer article. However, one of the Bioware devs then came out and said that that was GI misunderstanding something, or making an assumption; if you didn't make the God Baby, then you didn't make the God Baby, period.
That's...terrible and disappointing.

That seems like such a huge thing to just write out of a game though; I mean, I guess there's a whole lot to be said for making player decisions matter there but wow.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
That's...terrible and disappointing.

That seems like such a huge thing to just write out of a game though; I mean, I guess there's a whole lot to be said for making player decisions matter there but wow.
Yeah, I know. I figured if there was a place where they would use dev fiat to determine that an event officially happened, regardless of what players actually chose, it would be the God Baby; seemed like way too huge of a potential story seed to let remain optional.

Elerion

N00b
Yep. And considering they seem to be placing these games close to eachother in the timeline, there's not even any reason to touch on that if they don't want to. They can write Mages vs. Inquisitors 2.0 all they want, just leave the God Baby in the bag for Dragon Age 5 - Teenage God Baby.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I just don't understand why devs keep putting QTEs in games. I can't even get a good scratch inbetween levels now without having to jam the Q button.
QTEs have only really been successful in games like telltale's walking dead imo. Those events really made that game feel like your split second decisions mattered, or you had to react fast to save someone etc.

Otherwise they can get fucked.

Sulrn

Deuces
QTEs have only really been successful in games like telltale's walking dead imo. Those events really made that game feel like your split second decisions mattered, or you had to react fast to save someone etc.

Otherwise they can get fucked.
IIRC there was a big to do about how great they were in RE4 on the FoH forums where they initiated the complete change of genre on the main title games.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I uninstalled walking dead's game as soon as I couldn't make a spear out of a broom, duct tape and a kitchen knife.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Gameplay looks good, but the chick filming this is ridiculously excitable. Listening to her gasp every time a spell effect triggered was a little absurd.
"Sword... on FIRE?!?! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
"Bridge....you can BREAK!??? WOOOOOOO!!!!"
"Spell...that drops..METEORS?!?!? WOOOOOO!"
"Name...your own CHARACTER?!? WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

Okay that last one didn't happen, but that dumb beav would've loved it.

Vilgan_sl

shitlord
Went into Pax barely even knowing Dragon Age Inquisition existed. Came out of it with this being the #1 game I'm excited about for next year. It looks and sounds fucking incredible. Devs were fun, footage was awesome, in general just fucking pumped for this game. They were very open about the fact that DA2 was not well received and had a good sense of humor about it. Probably my way of phrasing that was someone who mentioned that DA1 was over budget and DA2 seemed "aggressively within budget" and was curious about the budget for DA3.

Game looks and sounds fucking awesome, can't wait to play it.

Xannder_sl

shitlord
Gameplay looks good, but the chick filming this is ridiculously excitable. Listening to her gasp every time a spell effect triggered was a little absurd.
She wasn't the only one. The whole crowd went nuts about every little thing they announced. That said, I came away quite impressed with what they showed.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Went into Pax barely even knowing Dragon Age Inquisition existed. Came out of it with this being the #1 game I'm excited about for next year. It looks and sounds fucking incredible. Devs were fun, footage was awesome, in general just fucking pumped for this game. They were very open about the fact that DA2 was not well received and had a good sense of humor about it. Probably my way of phrasing that was someone who mentioned that DA1 was over budget and DA2 seemed "aggressively within budget" and was curious about the budget for DA3.

nice, I may actually pirate it now. You know to get my $60 back from DA2?

Itzena_sl

shitlord

You are why we can't have nice things.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is going to be one of those games where you wait until the Game of the Year edition is on sale for 5 dollars I imagine.