Dragon Age: Inquisition (Plot Details in Spoilers!)

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Prepare to be frustrated then. The default canon has a dead warden, so the whole Morrigan and godchild angle seems to be irrelevant.

According to Mark Darrah, for players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition, a default "canon" will be provided as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a mage who sided with the mages in DA2.
Who the fuck sided with the mages in DA2?

"We just want to be free... AND USE BLOOD MAGIC TO SUMMON DEMONS EVERYWHERE!!!! WHARGHLEGHARBLE!"

Azziane_sl

shitlord
default choice being a dead warden = little relation to your warden.

Frankly my preference would be that hawke died and that whole city he was stuck in burned to the ground.

If they weren't a bunch of dicks they'd just let us play the same character from DAO. And give me the sword I got from the temple of vulak mod.
I have two matches. One for each of their tilesets.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Who the fuck sided with the mages in DA2?

"We just want to be free... AND USE BLOOD MAGIC TO SUMMON DEMONS EVERYWHERE!!!! WHARGHLEGHARBLE!"
Yeah. "You saved us, now let me turn into a demon for no reason" For fucks sake, I don't think I have seen more retarded mage guild in a serious RPG, ever.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I sided with the mages because I don't remember why and almost just quit playing with the top mage turned into a demon. It was the laziest endgame result in history until ME3.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I sided with the mages because I don't remember why and almost just quit playing with the top mage turned into a demon. It was the laziest endgame result in history until ME3.
Because the Inquisition commander showed all the signs of a final boss, so you were sure she would turn on you no matter what, siding with the mages was how I thought I'd have the biggest impact. Also, they possibly killed your sister or something like that.

Sulrn

Deuces
Because the Inquisition commander showed all the signs of a final boss, so you were sure she would turn on you no matter what, siding with the mages was how I thought I'd have the biggest impact. Also, they possibly killed your sister or something like that.
**Templar Commander Meredith.

Side with mages, kill templars, kill Carver, Inseno still goes ape shit.
Side with templars, kill mages, kill Bethany, Meredith still goes ape shit.

Awesome stuff.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
I was a mage and still sided with the Templars in the end due to every time you give a mage half a chance it's all "BLOOD AND ABOMINATIONS FOREVER!!!!" as soon as you turn around, so really, Meredeth's draconian abuse of the mages was totally justified by the mid way through the game.

Shame somehow you and the dwarf didn't notice she was carrying the giant evil artifact the whole time... but whatever.

wouldn't be surprised if someone releases a savegame editor/mod that allows you to set all those flags for yourself similar to what you could do with ME2/ME3 saves if you didn't continue an existing character from a previous game

Sulrn

Deuces
wouldn't be surprised if someone releases a savegame editor/mod that allows you to set all those flags for yourself similar to what you could do with ME2/ME3 saves if you didn't continue an existing character from a previous game
But... that would detract from the interactive Comic Book DLC...

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
They existed for DAO and Mass Effect.

Ironically once you go to those savegame websites you learn you're not really a special snowflake and most people are either fully one way or fully the other with a few minor differences.

Alexzander

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't get this. Are you just talking about pricing? I see Tomb Raider for $16, Crysis 3 for $20, Mass Effect 3 for $6, Battlefield 3 $6, Dead Space 3 $20 .. is this price gouging compared to other places?

Why do people think publishers are going to hand Valve money forever when they could run their own service? It's not like fucking GFWL that ran on top of steam and tried to charge you money for shit you already had for free. It's just a fucking online store / DRM setup, same as everything else. Even if you buy a game from a store you'll have to log in to some kind of "service."
For me, I've been a steam user/valve customer for over eight years. Not only am I invested in the ecosystem, I also enjoy the sales and promotion for the indy market. I have no want or need for another content delivery client on my system. I also already have Skype/MSN/gchat, so I sure as hell don't need another chat client either.

If EA doesn't want to offer their shit on steam, they just don't want my money. In the rare case they actually publish something I want, I'll just steal it.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
They existed for DAO and Mass Effect.

Ironically once you go to those savegame websites you learn you're not really a special snowflake and most people are either fully one way or fully the other with a few minor differences.
Well Bioware usually rewarded you for sticking to one side or the other, no matter what you thought of the situation.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It's fair to say that this game will generate a lot of buzz because of the Dragon Age name, but to suggest that it's going to be awesome is just silly. Why would anyone have faith after the heap of dog shit that was Dragon Age 2?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, I've been a steam user/valve customer for over eight years. Not only am I invested in the ecosystem, I also enjoy the sales and promotion for the indy market. I have no want or need for another content delivery client on my system. I also already have Skype/MSN/gchat, so I sure as hell don't need another chat client either.

If EA doesn't want to offer their shit on steam, they just don't want my money. In the rare case they actually publish something I want, I'll just steal it.
It's just a program, it's not like you are joining the church of scientology lol. With ME3 I just installed Origin, played ME3 for a couple of months then uninstalled it. No need to keep installed if you are not constantly playing an Origin exclusive game.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
Prepare to be frustrated then. The default canon has a dead warden, so the whole Morrigan and godchild angle seems to be irrelevant.

According to Mark Darrah, for players who do not have or choose not to import a world-state into Inquisition, a default "canon" will be provided as in Dragon Age II: an "Ultimate Sacrifice" Dalish Warden, Alistair made King, and Hawke a mage who sided with the mages in DA2.
I don't think this is correct. To my knowledge, there was a sidebar somewhere stating that Morrigan had the baby no matter what. There's more wardens than just Alistair/yourself, and Riordan/Loghain is still around.

The one thing that changes is that if you died, the baby obviously did not get the old god soul.

That could be wrong, but I believe Morrigan giving birth ended up as canon somewhere. They've also stated that Morrigan plays an important role in DA:I; not a party member but still important.

An US warden only implies that the ritual wasn't done in time to save him. Morrigan's ending was largely the same, with a few differences on what she talks about and whether or not you join her.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Morrigans importance seemed to hinge on her having the god baby though, now she does not have a baby at all, at least in the default canon. When she's telling the player about the ritual in DA:O, you get the impression this is the first and foremost reason she's with the Warden (apart from the fact that Flemeth ordered her to do so).

He whole thing implied there's something much bigger going on behind the scenes and Flemeth needs that child for something important. If you romance Morrigan, then you can ask her at the end of the Witchhunt DLC about the babys location, to which she replies that it's someplace safe and being prepared for the things to come.

Now all of this is gone, you won't even see the Warden if you're using the default canon. But I wouldn't expect Gaider to get a proper story out, he seems terribly busy about being an asshole over twitter and enjoying his coming-out.

Elerion

N00b
I had to go to wikipedia for a refresher, it told it pretty well:
At this point, the player learns that only a Grey Warden can slay the Archdemon because of the Taint present in a Grey Warden's body. Killing the archdemon releases the demonic essence within it, which is automatically drawn to the Taint in the Grey Warden who slew it, and effectively kills him or her as well; if anyone other than a Warden slays it, the Archdemon's essence survives and finds a new host in the nearest Darkspawn, making the monster effectively immortal. On the night before the final battle, Morrigan offers the player's Warden a way to slay the Archdemon without sacrificing anyone: Morrigan believes that if the player succeeds in conceiving a child with her, that the child would also carry the Taint. Once the Archdemon dies, its demonic essence would be drawn away from any Grey Warden to safely merge with the unborn child instead. The resulting child would be born a demigod, which she plans to raise on her own. Morrigan admits that this was her true motive for joining the player's campaign all along. The player can accept Morrigan's offer, convince Alistair or Loghain to take part instead, or refuse the witch's proposal, causing her to leave the party. If the Warden is female, she can only refuse Morrigan or convince Loghain or Alistair to do it.

The next day, the player and the newly assembled army of Ferelden fight their way through the city of Denerim, which is now overrun by the darkspawn. After fighting their way through the darkspawn horde, and an epic final battle against the archdemon atop Denerim's highest tower, the player is given the chance to deliver the killing blow or to let Alistair/Loghain do it. Either way, the archdemon is killed and the rest of the darkspawn army retreats from Denerim, marking the end of the fifth Blight. Unless the player chose to sleep with Morrigan, whoever slew the Archdemon also perishes. Should the player choose the ritual, the option to allow Alistair/Loghain the final blow is skipped: the cutscene showing the Warden slaying it plays automatically.
Possible outcomes:
- Sleep with Morrigan, Warden kills Archdemon: Demigod baby is born, Warden lives.
- Have someone else sleep with Morrigan, have them kill the Archdemon: Demigod baby is born, Warden lives.
- Have someone else sleep with Morrigan, Warden kills Archdemon: Regular baby is born, Warden dies.
- No one sleeps with Morrigan, Warden kills Archdemon: No baby is born, Warden dies.
- No one sleeps with Morrigan, have someone else kill Archdemon: No baby is born, Warden lives.

So basically, if the Warden died because he killed the Archdemon without sleeping with Morrigan, there is no demigod baby.

Maybe their default plot will be that the Warden made the demigod baby and killed the Archdemon, then died of AIDS contracted from Morrigan. Condoms will be DLC to prevent this from happening again.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Oh I didn't know you had an option to not have anyone sleep with Morrigan. What kind of moron wouldn't take the pussy and the baby shield.

The more I think about it the more I don't give a shit about whatever they're doing for DA3. Just let us play our fucking warden again.