Dragonlance Series

Izo

Tranny Chaser
66F54EF9-3983-4D38-BD18-18C190116EE7-5471-0000034336A36B2A.png

Anyone actually watched it? I couldn't. I just couldn't. Lucy Lawless as Goldmoon, I don't even.

Last edited:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I adored Dragonlance as a teen. Read all of them at least twice, then pretty much every D&D novel that featured a chick in a chain mail bikini on the cover.

I actually remember thinking that the Legends series was particularly dark and gritty due to Raistlin's acts, though I am sure if I read it today it would be lightsauce.

Not sure why these were never made into a TV series or movie, the story/world was great, and the content could have its maturity level beefed up for mature viewing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
Same themes here. Read all of them multiple times as a kid, even bought the Dragonlance D&D rulebook, and really loved the characters and story. Tried re-reading them as an adult and, yikes, bailed out after Autumn. Did not age well.

Still, Verminard did have a kickass Mace.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Not sure why these were never made into a TV series or movie, the story/world was great, and the content could have its maturity level beefed up for mature viewing.

I said the same thing. It must be a rights issue.

They're not being shopped appropriately.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
There really hasn't been any tv/movie movement on the d&d/wotc front for a long time. I think there's a MTG show in the works, but that's it.

As for the rights, wotc has full control over the ip and the characters going by:

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
You’d think that the IP wouldn’t be a tightly guarded or even highly valuable asset today, and could be easily acquired or licensed. After all, the Dragonlance name is pretty

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Pretty sure the crappy D&D movies killed any related movies. After the LOTR movies, I thought a Drizzt trilogy could have done well.

• 2Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
The Chronicles Trilogy was the first fantasy books I read when I was around 16-17. While I was a fan of D&D, those books really cemented my love for fantasy and specifically dragons.

Even now at 51 I love dragons, a lot of my furniture made by my dad has dragons sculpted on them. I wear a ring which is a dragon, my wallpapers on my iPhone, iPad and desktop at home and work are dragons, not counting like 5 shirts with dragons on them. And that love of dragons can be traced to these books.

They might not be great literature, but they were entertaining and hold a special place.

I know, I'm a total geek. :)

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

latheboy

Trakanon Raider
I love the series as a kid, I still have all my books.
Here is a box full of childhood dreams.
IMG_20200206_212109.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Years of smoking and mustiness resulted in throwing all mine out, but I had every book released up to the chaos stuff, and I read many of them several times.

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
My brother and I have a bookshelf at home with almost every damn dragonlance, forgotten realms, ravenloft, dark sun and I think even a few spelljammer books. Wish I had a picture of it, it's epic.

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I never got into Forgotten Realms. I tried but just wasn't interested at the time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I find it interesting how many of y’all read so many books as a kid. I read some books too but I was 10 when EverQuest came out and I feel like I kept getting sucked back into EQ. I remember reading the first 2-3 books of this series though and enjoyed them!

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Fantasy books and D&D were the only thing many of us had until things like MUD's came along. We had to settle for things like Steve Jackson Sorcery! books when friends weren't around to do P&P stuff.

• 8Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 11 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I find it interesting how many of y’all read so many books as a kid. I read some books too but I was 10 when EverQuest came out and I feel like I kept getting sucked back into EQ. I remember reading the first 2-3 books of this series though and enjoyed them!

There was no internet when some of us were kids. I was 30 when EQ came out. I went from reading 1-2 books a month to 1-2 books a year after EQ.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I was introduced to d&d when I was 9, read Lord of the rings when I was 10, and discovered dragonlance in a used book shop when I was 11. It would be several more years until I even touched a computer when some people I met in a jersey based chat room told me about the MUD they played.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The first real computer (C-64) only came out when I was 13, so up until then all I really had were fantasy books-- novels and all the D&D manuals. I remember I was obsessed with those choose your own adventure style books.

• 1Like