Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
ARISE!

I played this on PS3 back in the day. PS4 when the remaster came out. I just downloaded that remastered version and I'm playing it, again, on the PS5.

Such a great game for those who never tried it. Highly recommended. Way ahead of its time in gameplay mechanics.

I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma was the first game I ever triple dipped on. I got it originally for the PS3 through PS+, but then I bought the PC version, PS4 remaster and even for switch. Such a damn good game.

Capcom needs to get off their asses and make a proper sequel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma was the first game I ever triple dipped on. I got it originally for the PS3 through PS+, but then I bought the PC version, PS4 remaster and even for switch. Such a damn good game.

I've never triple-dipped, but I did double-dip for the first time this past year, 3x, with Tetris Effect, Hades, and Dragon Quest XI by having them all on PS4/5 and then getting them again on Switch for portability.

Dragon's Dogma is definitely on my list for backlog. Unfortunately it's in the Second Backlog, aka all of the big RPGs that are taking forever to get to/through, while I play short regular-sized things from the Normal Backlog.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Assuming the rumors turn out to be true, they are. Itsuno is the lead for both Dragon's Dogma and Devil May Cry, and rumor has him starting on a Dragon's Dogma sequel after DMC5 wrapped. It that's accurate, I imagine we'll see an announcement sometime this year or the next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I've never triple-dipped, but I did double-dip for the first time this past year, 3x, with Tetris Effect, Hades, and Dragon Quest XI by having them all on PS4/5 and then getting them again on Switch for portability.

Dragon's Dogma is definitely on my list for backlog. Unfortunately it's in the Second Backlog, aka all of the big RPGs that are taking forever to get to/through, while I play short regular-sized things from the Normal Backlog.

I really wouldn't consider it much of a RPG. It's story is ok, but nothing special. It's just one of those games that is much more than the sum of it's parts.

The main story of the base game doesn't really take all that long to get through, but then you can sink tons of hours in to it if you're a completionist. Dark Arisen doesn't have much story to it, but it's a huge dungeon with plenty to do.

The one crime Dark Arisen committed was replacing the opening theme of the game.

This:

Replaced this:

Fucking criminal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I really wouldn't consider it much of a RPG. It's story is ok, but nothing special. It's just one of those games that is much more than the sum of it's parts.

The main story of the base game doesn't really take all that long to get through, but then you can sink tons of hours in to it if you're a completionist. Dark Arisen doesn't have much story to it, but it's a huge dungeon with plenty to do.

The one crime Dark Arisen committed was replacing the opening theme of the game.

This:

Replaced this:

Fucking criminal.

I know what you mean. Metroid Prime Trilogy on the Wii does something similar to that. You load it up and it skips over the title screen and file select musics of whatever game you choose. Which means some GREAT tracks are gone. MP2's file select music is one of the first things I think of when I think of that game, and MP1's file select music was one of my favorite themes not just from that game, but from that GENERATION of games. Both gone entirely. It's one of the reasons I don't have MPT and would probably just rebuy the GC versions if I had to play those games again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I hate the layout of the final dungeon. Both play throughs I got to the same point in the dungeon and quit. I love the game as a whole though, so good. Night time fights with cyclops in the early game are so epic.