Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Dope, im 40 now and i want to kill him - i am tired of the other shit. I just got the wyrmking ring or w/e also - However i havent figured out how to use it yet. I handed in a forgery but the other one is still not usable. Also is there some method to use formations? I get tired of pawns being owned b/c they dont flee and get face fucked.

nm on ring, googlefu answered.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ok a bit confused - is the final battle quest really the final battle? I was under impression i would be fighting dragons and wurms/wyverns a bit prior.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
If you mean the fight with the dragon, then no, that's not the end, and that's when all the drakes and wurms start popping up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any tips for new players? I picked the archer class (strider?) and I just got the ability to hire pawns.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Don't let fournvil(sp) go to jail!

I just finished the main story, and i like the game quite a bit really. I'd love for this to have a sequel on next gen consoles or PC even better.

Also, i never found those guys who wanted to ambush me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Any tips for new players? I picked the archer class (strider?) and I just got the ability to hire pawns.
Just play the game, don't pay too much attention to mix maxing or 100% completionist stuff, finish the game then play a 2nd playthrough with wiki and shit to complete everything you want. It's a great "do whatever you want" game, while it has a main quest it has a ton of side quests and a lot of the content is accessible very early, it's a pretty big world too so it's fun to explore and discover shit.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
So now that it's been a while, is the new stuff in Dark Arisen noticeable as soon as you start a new game or is it all post-story stuff?

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just play the game, don't pay too much attention to mix maxing or 100% completionist stuff, finish the game then play a 2nd playthrough with wiki and shit to complete everything you want. It's a great "do whatever you want" game, while it has a main quest it has a ton of side quests and a lot of the content is accessible very early, it's a pretty big world too so it's fun to explore and discover shit.
How much tougher is the Ur Dragon after beating the game? As in how much tougher than Grigori is he?...I spent all of yesterday in the Everfall due to thinking i had to remain there for some time. For the most part it was all easy till a certain Evil Eye seemed invulnerable. I am guessing it was on another level from the 1st i faced in Everfall as my crew was getting their shit pushed in.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Not sure what you mean about the Ur Dragon after beating the game, you mean NG+ and such? Everything is the same. The only place which becomes more difficult as you finish it is the expansion content, since BBI becomes a lot harder after clearing it. As for how tough he is in general, he's not really hard if you're prepared but he can be quite intense the first few times. Main annoyance is the first times you don't have the dmg to kill him fast enough, and he flies off after 10mins, then you need to go back, sleep and come back again. He doesn't reset it's just annoying, but at the same time you can restock on consumables and shit. Evil Eyes aren't invincible, and the first room should always be an Evil Eye room for any level of the Everfall and until you kill it the rest is locked, but it might be buggy I don't know. You shouldn't be able to do Everfall stuff until you kill the Eye.

As for DA stuff accordion, it's noticeable mostly when you go there. I don't know if they patched the main game to parity with the expansion or if the expansion changes only come if you have DA, but there's quite a few changes to the old world too. Some mobs are replaced by new versions, a lot of skills and items were rebalanced and you get a lot more port crystals in the first playthrough, like you get 4 or 5 now I believe, while originally you only got one in the blue moon tower which was really late. Now you get one in like witchwood, shadowfort, bluemoon and great wall or something. So travelling is a lot less annoying.

Sean_sl

shitlord
You could actually get 10 Port Crystals in post game originally, which made New Game+ far less annoying.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not sure what you mean about the Ur Dragon after beating the game, you mean NG+ and such? Everything is the same. The only place which becomes more difficult as you finish it is the expansion content, since BBI becomes a lot harder after clearing it. As for how tough he is in general, he's not really hard if you're prepared but he can be quite intense the first few times. Main annoyance is the first times you don't have the dmg to kill him fast enough, and he flies off after 10mins, then you need to go back, sleep and come back again. He doesn't reset it's just annoying, but at the same time you can restock on consumables and shit. Evil Eyes aren't invincible, and the first room should always be an Evil Eye room for any level of the Everfall and until you kill it the rest is locked, but it might be buggy I don't know. You shouldn't be able to do Everfall stuff until you kill the Eye.

As for DA stuff accordion, it's noticeable mostly when you go there. I don't know if they patched the main game to parity with the expansion or if the expansion changes only come if you have DA, but there's quite a few changes to the old world too. Some mobs are replaced by new versions, a lot of skills and items were rebalanced and you get a lot more port crystals in the first playthrough, like you get 4 or 5 now I believe, while originally you only got one in the blue moon tower which was really late. Now you get one in like witchwood, shadowfort, bluemoon and great wall or something. So travelling is a lot less annoying.
I finished off Grigori(main dragon) then i got to Everfall and the quest for wakestones. I tried to do Ur Dragon not long after(offline) and he just flew away. Even gouging where i could i just didnt have the damage. It seems like it will become some crazy long encounter. I also tried to kill the Drake under shadowfort endlessly to dragonforge my gear. I guess im at an impasse, i am unsure if i should just turn in the wakecrystals and proceed or farm and work on killing Ur Dragon.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well if you're using pawns, make sure one of them has the holy weapon buff and just methodically kill all the hearts, it shouldn't take long with holy buff even with the starting gear. You won't kill it in one go, but in 2 it should be enough. You have a much higher chance to dragonforge stuff on Ur than other dragons. You shouldn't have too much to dragonforge though as Grigori dragonforges all your gear. Makes sure stuff is upgraded, higher is better too, rank3 stuff has 30% chance to dragonforge on Ur, but rank 2 is only 10% and rank1 is like 3% or some shit. Also early on, since you can stagger him easily by popping easy hearts, make sure to kill the annoying hearts when he's down, like the wing ones(with a bow) and the tail ones(bow or climb). Rest is fairly easy to get to but the tail is really annoying to climb on when he's low hp and frenzying around, and the wing ones are almost impossible to melee and shooting them when he's frenzy is also stupidly hard.

If you have DA you'll probably want to farm Ur a few times to get some levels so you don't get raped. You can progress and finish the game however, if you don't care about everfall loot, the Ur dragon is accessible in Cassardis in NG+ so you can farm it whenever you want. Only everfall loot isn't accessible unless you have everfall or you go into bitterblack isle, but for the most part it's just armor shit that's not a big deal.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally got around to actually ending it - killed Ur Dragon (fuck his wings fuck, fuck, fuck them) - then Seneschal - then forced into new game. I was planning to hit up BBI buuuut since you need to do early quest to get pawn back decided i'd postpone for a bit. Is there any prep needed before heading into BBI?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finally got around to actually ending it - killed Ur Dragon (fuck his wings fuck, fuck, fuck them) - then Seneschal - then forced into new game. I was planning to hit up BBI buuuut since you need to do early quest to get pawn back decided i'd postpone for a bit. Is there any prep needed before heading into BBI?
Not really, grab the main pawn it takes literally 2mins, you just run to the fort(ignore everything else), kill the ogre, bam you have your pawn. Then you go back to cassardis at night and get access. You should be able to change your class there(since in NG you only get to choose between fighter/strider/mage) and just start. If you want to kill Ur, there's a stone on the cassardis beach that teleports you directly to him. You might also want to go and unlock Gran Soren again, just skip all the sidequests unless you want the achievement for all quests, you want Gran Soren for the Black Cat counterfeiter to copy materials from BBI to upgrade shit. Probably won't need it right away though.

Advancing the main game if you don't care about sidequests is quick anyway. It takes less than an hour to finish the game(for speedruns or hardmode mode), there's a few tricks to make it go faster, mostly having portcrystals in the right place but even without any port crystals and not doing the little tricks(copying the wyrmking ring so you don't have to do salome, jumping down the everfall the first time and rezing at the bottom with a wakestone then teleporting out which saves ~5mins, killing the gryphon before it flies off to bluemoon tower, using a maker's finger to instantly kill the dragon etc), it still only takes like 2hours.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Not really, grab the main pawn it takes literally 2mins, you just run to the fort(ignore everything else), kill the ogre, bam you have your pawn. Then you go back to cassardis at night and get access. You should be able to change your class there(since in NG you only get to choose between fighter/strider/mage) and just start. If you want to kill Ur, there's a stone on the cassardis beach that teleports you directly to him. You might also want to go and unlock Gran Soren again, just skip all the sidequests unless you want the achievement for all quests, you want Gran Soren for the Black Cat counterfeiter to copy materials from BBI to upgrade shit. Probably won't need it right away though.

Advancing the main game if you don't care about sidequests is quick anyway. It takes less than an hour to finish the game(for speedruns or hardmode mode), there's a few tricks to make it go faster, mostly having portcrystals in the right place but even without any port crystals and not doing the little tricks(copying the wyrmking ring so you don't have to do salome, jumping down the everfall the first time and rezing at the bottom with a wakestone then teleporting out which saves ~5mins, killing the gryphon before it flies off to bluemoon tower, using a maker's finger to instantly kill the dragon etc), it still only takes like 2hours.
Wait so i need to redo up to the point to unlock Magick Archer again?
frown.png
(Tho i vaguely remember being able to do it on BBI the time i peeked in, so prly not thankfully)

Also you can add me Valos - Xexx01 is my xbl.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
frown.png

No as I said you can switch vocations in BBI, first NPC there does the same thing the inn keeper in gran soren does+decursing BBI items.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
frown.png

No as I said you can switch vocations in BBI, first NPC there does the same thing the inn keeper in gran soren does+decursing BBI items.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
SeanTSC is my Gamertag. Uh, my Pawn is level 200 though and she may trivialize things a little bit.
You'll be for my end game farming! I dont intend to use your pawn until then really. EgressSwiftly is my gamertag for now. I lost my other one apparently.