Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I love my PS4 controller for PC. That said if you had $ to burn maybe one of the new Xbox1 Elite controllers?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah supposedly the elite xbox controller is really good, but also really expensive. You could buy a normal xbox controller too which is decently nice(no idea about the size though, I haven't used one or the original xbox controller so can't help on that), or a PS4 controller but these have kinda weird support and a lot of the time you have to emulate xbox controllers and a lot of games only have xbox prompts so it's confusing(press A, but there's no A so you kinda need to know where A is on xbox controllers). A lot of them also have kinda shitty issues with the triggers doing noises or getting fucked and what not, the quality of them isn't super high if you use them a lot so probably wouldn't recommend buying one specifically unless you get a PS4 too.

Last pick would be a steam controller, it takes some times to get used to from what I've read but it's solid and it does a lot more stuff than a standard controller since you can use it to emulate mouse+keyboard efficiently too and play non gamepad games with a gamepad if you want.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah it was announced a while ago. Preorder went up, it comes with a digital artbook and OST if you preorder. You can preorder on GMG with 23%off with the code 23PERC-WTHGMG-ADVENT (only lasts until later today), base price is 30$, release date is january 15.

Note that due to licensing issues, they had to drop japanese audio and Berzerk armor sets(and probably Into the Free original intro music, but then again that was dropped with Dark Arisen). Japanese audio wasn't a big deal in this game though in my opinion, the english dub is actually solid plus the game doesn't really look japanese style stuff so the voices don't clash compared to say a game with anime char design which tend to be horrible when dubbed. Berzerk armor sets could potentially be modded back in, japanese audio is unlikely.

At that price if you haven't played the game, you really should buy it. Seems to run very well too and can run in 4K/144FPS and shit. If you've played it, you can wait until a sale in a few months if you prefer, I assume price will drop pretty quickly.

Release Trailer:

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just replayed through the PS3 Dark Arisen after I beat FFX recently, and it is still awesome even though I know the steps to all the dances now. The first time you run across a troll in the caves still brings back the angst, hah.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
With all the PS/XBox games that are seemingly getting ports, I think I'm going to forego a PS4 yet again this year and just PC Master Race it up (there are still a couple exclusives on PS4 that I'm dying to play, but I wouldn't be surprised if they get ports by next year).

With that said, I still need to take the plunge and get a controller for my PC, as many of the ports don't play well with KB/M (for instance, I had a much easier time playing Witcher 2 on 360 than I did on PC). Any recommendations? I'd love something roughly the size of the original XBox controller (gigantic), as most of the newer controllers are too tiny for my hands and I hate having to claw-grip them for hours.
Don't look past the steam controller. Its a remarkable piece of hardware and at 49.99 its a steal for the tech inside it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hoping the sales are good on this one so they think about doing a sequel, and not that dumb mmo version.
The problem is they invested a lot of money into making the original, and while it sold pretty well(iirc 2+million copies), it didn't sell nearly enough of what they wanted to sell. So it's unlikely. Probably the only thing we'd get if it sells well is a localization of DDO.

spronk

FPS noob
my friend may or may not be beta testing the game and he thinks if you liked DD you will probably love this port. my friend couldn't get into it at all, the weird slave helper shit (pawns) and the combat system were not my friends thing at all but it looked good visually and my friend was always accidently shooting townspeople and shit so its a game that lets you make your own mistakes. my friend didn't like the instancing stuff at all, it feels like a weird hybrid MMO-lite.

pretty big game, install was like 10 gigs i heard

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
This isn't the DDO thread. Or whatever it is you're talking about I'm not sure, there's no NDA on DDO so don't know why you'd be all "my friend" and shit. Or maybe there's a NDA but since it's a fucking japanese beta to begin with, it's not like the NDA matters for shit. I tested it too, you have to use a VPN to even download the game so respecting the NDA seems pretty fucking pointless.

And 10gb isn't big nowadays.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Expansions are bigger than 10 gigs nowadays, 10gig sounds like it needs more content.

BTW Video could have had way better music to go with it, but im still sportin wood to play this again on my pc. Its a shame this didnt get more traction, its easily one of the best RPGs in recent years, i'll lump it with Divinity, W3, and DAI.

Column_sl

shitlord
Game is out on the torrent sites if anyone who purchased just wants to see it early.

The game looks amazing for an old game. All the quality of life changes make a huge difference. Up to 4k resolution, over 60FPS unlock, no more letter boxing.

The port is running extremely well for me maxed out.Haven't seen any glitches yet

What I would advise is turning off Depth of Field. I think it looks way better if the background doesn't do that blur effect we see in photography.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Playing a pirate version of DD would be horrible. The canned pawns you get access to if you play the game offline are the worst shit ever.

On that note, I put way too much time into DD/DA on PS3 to play it again now, but I'd actually buy and replay it if someone made a PC mod that allowed you to create the other two pawns yourself. I'd be really happy to never see another troll pawn infected by the Guardian disease.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Leaked version kinda sucks for legit players, but on the plus side people have already started working on stuff like ENB filters and how to mod shit. So far mostly they replace music files. Also other upside of the leak is since it's an early press copy, it still has the Berserk armor on it, which won't be available with the retail version cause they couldn't get the license. Meaning it'll be moddable easily, while otherwise it would have been very unlikely to mod it at all.

As for Pawns, not sure you'll be able to make your own, but it might be possible to change the files of the Capcom ones, iirc some weren't randomized, so those would be tweakable to an extent.

We'll see but there's a lot of passionate people about this game so I think decent mods should pop up in time.

Column_sl

shitlord
I think this game will do very well IMO especially at 30 bucks. The game is leaps above the ps3 version in presentation.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
This is a surprisingly good port. Never got around to doing much of the expansion content on the PS3 version, but even if I had it's well worth the price.

Now Capcom needs to make a proper sequel.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Only issue I've had over Steam Link so far is no keyboard pop-up or input during character creation. Which sort of makes sense and was easy to just walk to my PC and type it in. Didn't read much about this game but the praise from people. Time to jump in and see what's up.