Drain the fucking swamp

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Who and what needs to go first? Time to give the country back to the people.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

sadris

Karen
<Donor>
Paul Ryan.

That black retard from MD on the oversight committee.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Would love nothing more for Emperor Trump to eliminate all the corrupt people sucking up tax dollars/controlling the media then expose them for what they've done. You know, like they tried to do to him. Seems entirely fair and warranted.

Paul Ryan is a little fucking WEASEL.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
all of them. especially that stupid bitch who said she was going to repeal obamacare while making some retarded pig reference.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
If I had to do over the constitution-

1) term limits congress.
2) lifetime restriction on branch - ie if you serve judicial branch you can't then run for congress.
3) Once every 20-25 years all current elected officials are barred from seeking reelection and clean slate builds up over the next 4-8 years of elections.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Break Paul Ryan. Make sure that prettyboy never has a whisper of a chance to run for President. Because it's what his plan is in 8-12 years.

Revisit free trade agreements. The federal government basically has to act as a trade union. They need to begin to tilt further twords labor and away from capital. You can't do it all at once, it would be too disruptive and then everyone would lose. But labor would lose harder, don't kid yourselves. It's a process that will take more than 4 years. It would probably take 10-20 to effectively shift focus.

To me lobbying is not actually the problem. Lobbying is how sausage gets made. To me the problem is the disproportinate influence that lobbying can have in long term policies, agreements, and understandings. I hate that Money is Speech... but in a lot of ways it really is. It shouldn't be the only Speech though, or the metric of Speech.

Overall you cannot compel Congress through any Law or Act to serve the interest of those who elect them. That's what voting is for. You cannot compel the fourth estate to behave in the fashion which we require for the healthy function of the federal apparatus. Those aren't things that happen top down, they're things that happen bottom up. Garbage in, garbage out. There are institutional problems... but they're not all institutional problems.

It's easy and emotionally satisfying to say "Off with their heads!". It won't fix a god damn thing. We do in many ways get the government we deserve.

I don't think term limits would be a bad idea, but i'm also not sure they would do much besides spread the money around. But still, 10 years for a Rep and 18 for a Senator seems reasonable to me. These are not supposed to be lifetime positions, even if they are elected lifetime positions. Most Senators don't go for more than a few terms anyway, but the few that do become imbued with the sheer power of inertia -- and it gives them a weight that they probably should not possess. Of course term limits could come with unforseen consequences. Like everyone knows they only have 10 years to make their bank, so it drives corruption rather than mitigates entrenched power. I don't know if it would.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Every single government employee should be fired and their positions refilled by a lottery of the entire US population based on picking SS numbers out of a hat.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like this is a pretty damn good start from the pussy grabber himself.

• Reinstate a five-year ban to prevent executive branch officials from lobbying after they leave office and prevent an executive action from lifting it.
  • Introduce a similar five-year ban on former members of Congress from lobbying after ending government service.
  • Expand the definition of lobbyists and close loopholes that allow former government officials to label themselves as consultants and advisers.
  • Lifetime ban on senior executive branch officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government.
  • Campaign finance reform that prevents registered foreign lobbyists from raising money in American elections and politics.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pops

Term limits.
Fire Paul "Twoface" Ryan.
Overturn Title 9 bullshit in schools.
End the hegemony of the established political regimes
Stop the new age racism

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
1477855430056.png

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Paul Ryan is going to be President. Y'all Wakandans dumb. After this abortion he is going to realign the party. Beat Hillary in 2020 or President Mark Cuban in 2024 and eschew the antiquated and frankly moronic parts of your ideology. Fiscally Conservative govt that systematically removes itself from peoples lives over the course of the next few decades? Even as a liberal I can get behind that. A review of govt entitlement spending, DOD spending and reduction spying among the populace.... Won't happen but its nice to think about. People in power do not give up power.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1) Representative Terms set to 6 years so that there's more time between election bullshit detracting from work. Limit of two Terms, does not preclude joining the senate or running for President.
2) Senator: 12 year term so that changes you are involved in have time to show their fruits before you are judged on them, but if someone else is voted in to replace you, you are executed. Retirement is allowed via special vote of your constituents, with the options of Retirement or Execution.
3) Election window set to 3 months, with fines/bans against distributing campaign material outside of that window.
4) No super PACs or Personal monetary contribution, each candidate receives the same government stipend for their campaign. Time can still be donated.
5) Presidential Term set to 12 years without chance of re-election or execution. Can still be impeached (no execution, since it's a process removed from the people).

Last edited:

DrFukasaka

Lord Nagafen Raider
1. Elect politicians willing to give up power.
2. 4 year Term limits for Supreme court justices to be voted on at the mid point of the presidents term.
3. remove most federal departments and kick the funding and decision making back to the states.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Congressional term limits
Ban former congressmen from lobbying
Ban all campaign donations, implement a system of gov-issued stipends for campaigns
Either abolish the electoral college, or distribute electoral votes to candidates according to the percentage of the popular vote received

Seems like it ought to deal with the worst of the bullshit.