Dresden Files

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
You can skip the short stories and not miss much, but I wouldn’t skip any of the main books. And I’m not sure why if you liked the rest you didn’t like Changes. Either way I wouldn’t skip it, some very important things happen in it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
You can skip the short stories and not miss much, but I wouldn’t skip any of the main books. And I’m not sure why if you liked the rest you didn’t like Changes. Either way I wouldn’t skip it, some very important things happen in it.
Yeah, Changes is a big book story wise. It may start out slow, but there it picks up and there is a lot that goes down.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Very good. I know there were some mixed feelings about the previous book but this fixes all of that. The two now form an excellent set of bookends and no one had to wait years for everything Peace Talks set up to be paid off. That makes a big difference. During a time when many of us have been waiting for years for another Game or Thrones or Name of the Wind it was a delight to get these two books so close to each other.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Murphy...That was almost some red wedding shit. Makes sense as to why the Einherjar were so stoked to fight and die killing the Jotun and cool that Murph will want for nothing but still, see above.

The sneezing summoning thing has to be something bigger.
The fight with black staff was awesome, and I really like how they portrayed the knights in the chaos. Michael cursing like a sailor was good times and can’t wait for more stuff!

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wish I could remember where I dropped this series. Looking at the list maybe Cold Days? Probably could go back and read that just to refresh and if it is a re-read who cares. It shows owned on my Kindle at least.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish I could remember where I dropped this series. Looking at the list maybe Cold Days? Probably could go back and read that just to refresh and if it is a re-read who cares. It shows owned on my Kindle at least.

I re-read this series about once every two years. Something about the whole character arch of Harry just hits all the right chords.

• 3Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Turns out I was less far behind than it seemed. Felt like forever since reading one of these and remembered the thread being bumped and just assumed 3-5 new books were out. The 6 year gap b/w Skin Game and Peace Talks meant I didn’t really miss much and was able to do Peace Talks / Battleground easily. Felt good to be back and a lot of the backstory was easy to remember. Hazy on the specifics of course but still not lost at all.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I re-read this series about once every two years. Something about the whole character arch of Harry just hits all the right chords.

It is because he never just solves a problem and everyone is OK. There are real consequences to his actions and most of the time they are for the people he cares about.

• 1Like

Daelos

Guarding the guardians
The novellas are really good at filling in details. But they spoil, so take care to readin sequence

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I wonder if this series will end with his death, or will he just keep getting more and more powerful and end up on a throne of sorts. Of course it isn’t a throne he wants but has to stay to protect everything.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I wonder if this series will end with his death, or will he just keep getting more and more powerful and end up on a throne of sorts. Of course it isn’t a throne he wants but has to stay to protect everything.

[X] Commanded Mordite and didn't die
[X] Has a fierce dog
[X] Owner of a supernatural prison + armory

[X] Is 100% going to abduct his one true love from her place in the afterlife despite mondo consequences

That's a dude being groomed to wear the mantle of Hades. Hades himself even hinted at it. HEY NICE DOG YOU GOT THERE WE'RE KINDA SIMILAR HINT HINT

• 3Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Man, these books... I just shotgunned all 17 in under a month. Someday I'm actually going to stick to my resolution not to start an unfinished series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Man, these books... I just shotgunned all 17 in under a month. Someday I'm actually going to stick to my resolution not to start an unfinished series.

They may not be finished but at least there is a lot of them.

He's also got a trilogy with elementals and shit that people have spoken very highly of if you need more. That one has an ending.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
They may not be finished but at least there is a lot of them.

He's also got a trilogy with elementals and shit that people have spoken very highly of if you need more. That one has an ending.
Or you could instead read an unfinished series about a dumb fucking talking cat

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Great thing about unfinished series is you can discuss them as they release with the community, make theories/predictions and then see those theories/predictions be crushed by the authors ability to simple create new ideas instead of regurgitate old ones.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So we aren't going to see the next Dresden Book Twelve Months til like 2024. Is he trying to be like GRRM? We had all the excuses about moving and divorce and shit for the last long wait.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
So we aren't going to see the next Dresden Book Twelve Months til like 2024. Is he trying to be like GRRM? We had all the excuses about moving and divorce and shit for the last long wait.

Think he's releasing some audio thing? The last two books coming so close together gives him a pass imho. We don't want Harry to suffer from Jim's burnout.

The entire story is mapped out, and he's said a few times that this arch hasn't changed.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I would rather he take his time instead of being one of those writers who churns out shit every three months. The Shayne Silvers books started out pretty cool and Dresden like but they shit the bed once they started to sell and the guy treated it like he needed a monthly book release.