Dumb and Dumber To-2014

Fedor

<Banned>
JMl1ID7.jpg

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, actually. Having to deal at the time with abunch of idiots everyday, a movie that glorified dumbness just wasn't my cup of tea.
Pays money to see a movie called Dumb andDumber, couldn't believe it was about dumb people. Oh sweet irony

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
there is a fine line that movie walks where its either so funny you cry or too obnoxious to watch. soemtimes they step over into too obnoxious, but thankfully they step right back. for me the worst part is when they start singing to the hitman and driving him (and me) crazy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Khalid, you picked the funniest scene out of Cabin Boy. But it's not the scene itself. That is the point in the movie in which the movie breaks you. And it wasn't accidental. That's the whole point!

I totally understand that his style of humor is ABSOLUTELY esoteric and I don't think anyone is a horrible person for not enjoying that movie. But that scene is the funniest. It's not because of the scene itself so much (although it is some, it's funny), but the context of it. It isn't subtle at all, god it is the opposite of subtle. If you walked out during that scene that'sbeautiful.

That man is so full of contempt that the only way to make it palatable is to mask it with self-contempt. That movie is designed to hurt you. But it is so well designed.

iannis

Musty Nester
Dumb andDumberisn't nearly as hateful as Cabin Boy. That movie, if you really watch it, is a fucking abomination. A willful, sincere, tightly orchestrated abomination.

Which makes Dumb andDumbera lot less funny. It's just two people being clowns with snippy one-liners, rather than the giant steaming pile of self-aware bullshit that is named Chris Elliot's career.

Maybe if we'd gotten the original 4.5 hour (I shit you not) directors cut that they pre-screened... Dumb andDumberwould come close.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I really liked/still like Dumb andDumber. It speaks to me, plus Lauren Holly's butt in a thong. Or a body double.

iannis

Musty Nester
I really liked/still like Dumb andDumber. It speaks to me, plus Lauren Holly's butt in a thong. Or a body double.
Probably her. I'm pretty sure that she did a playboy spread.

I remember seeing it on the proto-net back when the movie came out. it might have come off of suze.net So it might have been a Randall spread.