Dune (2020)

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I didn't say Darth Vader. Darth Vader didn't invade desert countries/worlds to profit off of their resources. Further, Darth Vader was redeemable.

If you can't see parallels between Baron Harkonnen or and someone like Dick Cheney or Vladimir Putin then I don't know what the fuck planet you live on, because it's not Earth or Arrakis.

Thanks for proving my point.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
If you can't see parallels between Baron Harkonnen or and someone like Dick Cheney or Vladimir Putin then I don't know what the fuck planet you live on, because it's not Earth or Arrakis.

The real lesson here is that as comical as baron is his ego makes it petty and thus more localised. Atreides had no problem killing alot more people for some Utopian vision.

• 1Blown
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I can’t believe it’s that old.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
I didn't say Darth Vader. Darth Vader didn't invade desert countries/worlds to profit off of their resources. Further, Darth Vader was redeemable.

Not to say Grim isn't retarded, but Darth Vader did, infact, do those things.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Holy shit its in ultra wide too! /spooge
1587593693856.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

The TV show always gets + points because of those fine fine tits... will this new movie do better?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's weird is that I think this is the first time I've seen a single reference to the Sci-Fi Channel Dune in this entire thread, I was legit wondering if there was some sort of taboo against bringing it up.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Always thought the Sci-Fi channel Children of Dune was lot better production compared to Dune

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's weird is that I think this is the first time I've seen a single reference to the Sci-Fi Channel Dune in this entire thread, I was legit wondering if there was some sort of taboo against bringing it up.

While it does get praised for adapting close to the novel everything else sucks, the acting, my god, I thought the baron had decent acting but everyone else sucks, the actor who played Paul was terrible, and a tad bit old considering Paul was suppose to be in his teens, the Gurney in this show looked like he was close to a a heart attack, the set designs and costumes looked cheap and wreeks of limited budget.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member

Oh you two.

1587751793007.png

The point you are glossing over, even though it WAS mentioned, is the comical, satirical evil way the Baron is represented. He is distilled evil like the IDEA of the Star Wars Emperor or the pre-redeemed Vader. He is just BAD. He does things EVIL. He is ANTAGONIST. At least in the first book because it is the most conventional, single story book. The remainder of the Frank series puts the Bene Gesseritt in the role of Antagonist and then protagonist, the son of Paul as an extended maligned protagonist, and Duncan Idaho the steady character thrhougout.

While subtle political comparisons of the Gulf War and oil with the Harkonnen dominance and then loss of Dune and the spice is apt, comparing any political figure with Baron Harkonnen is retarded.

Who is Paul in this scenario? Michele Obama? Lolololol!

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I always thought it was well done, like a theater play and loved it for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

I liked the sci-fi dune better than the movie... I mean no one beats "I will kill you" sting, but the movie was hard to watch as a teen kid wanting sci fi goodness...and yes, tits really help and plots plot related! Haha anywho...the children of dune was also good.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users