Dune (2020)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I enjoyed all versions myself, but I'll be damned if I ever get to see God Emperor done. The way I envisioned it all reading it, the movie would be expensive as hell if it was to do the book justice.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

I enjoyed all versions myself, but I'll be damned if I ever get to see God Emperor done. The way I envisioned it all reading it, the movie would be expensive as hell if it was to do the book justice.
I don’t know why anyone would want to see an adaptation of GEoD on the big screen. A lot of that novel is talking and philosophical musings.

Don’t misunderstand me. GEoD is by far my favorite. But no way would it work as a movie.

Now I wouldn’t mind if the Leto II worm was shown off in a vision of the future in a Children of Dune movie though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Villeneuve's Dune is a two-movie adaptation on the FIRST book. Even if the movies get huge success it's doubtful he's gonna commit to more Dune material afterwards. I mean he did Sicario and Sicario 2 "happened" without him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
God Emperor was my favorite too. So good

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I don’t know why anyone would want to see an adaptation of GEoD on the big screen. A lot of that novel is talking and philosophical musings.

Don’t misunderstand me. GEoD is by far my favorite. But no way would it work as a movie.

Now I wouldn’t mind if the Leto II worm was shown off in a vision of the future in a Children of Dune movie though.
You could make the same argument for the first two books as well, tons of inner dialogue ect. You could make that stupid argument for any decent book in fact. God Emperor has tons of shit going on that could easily fill a 2-3 hour movie, and you would still have to chop some of the story.

The entire series is full of "philosophical musings" actually, what the fuck are you talking about? You aren't one of those retards that read a synopsis, and call it a day are you?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
God emperor is one of the greatest sci fi books of all time, and the pinnacle of the Dune series. The others (by Frank) were epilogue. (The prequel shit Never Happened)

It has amazing built in visuals. The worm body itself. The terraformed Arrakis. Idaho's climb. Letos death.

I want to see it happen, I just can't imagine how badly the 2020 version of Hollywood would fuck it up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
God emperor is one of the greatest sci fi books of all time, and the pinnacle of the Dune series.
I think for me it's not so much that I consider it the best of the series (I do, fuck the autists), it caps the main series, and I actually feel as if the trilogy is complete, unlike many series, where you are left wanting. Everything after God Emperor I consider a decent enough trilogy by itself, not quite OG Dune, more of a fan service to answer the eternal question "what happens next". Authors rarely do that, and I salute Herbert for giving another triolgy worth reading.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
God Emperor is just a good conclusion to the series and it would've been best if Herbert stopped there. Most people don't count on dying at any particular time unfortunately.

• 2Like

Sterling

El Presidente
God Emperor is amazing, but I really enjoyed the first book probably the most. Probably just because it was so different from everything else that I had read up to that point.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
God Emperor is just a good conclusion to the series and it would've been best if Herbert stopped there. Most people don't count on dying at any particular time unfortunately.
I think the 2 books after are are still quite good. But you need to leave it as a cliffhanger and not try and read the books after them to find out what happened to the characters.

nu_11

You could make the same argument for the first two books as well, tons of inner dialogue ect. You could make that stupid argument for any decent book in fact. God Emperor has tons of shit going on that could easily fill a 2-3 hour movie, and you would still have to chop some of the story.

The entire series is full of "philosophical musings" actually, what the fuck are you talking about? You aren't one of those retards that read a synopsis, and call it a day are you?
No you can’t. Cause things actually happen with armies in the first 2 books that can be converted to grand set pieces, and the death and changing of major characters for drama.

First book is reminiscent of Greek tragedy. Tragedy is good for drama. Drama is good for the television.

If you can’t tell the difference of what separates GEoD from the previous novels you really are retarded. One thing is that no character undergoes an change/arc in GEoD. For the entire novel: Leto is all-knowing. Siona is burning with hatred. Duncan is confused. Moneo worships Leto.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
No you can’t. Cause things actually happen with armies in the first 2 books that can be converted to grand set pieces, and the death and changing of major characters for drama.
Now I know your just an ESL autist, and I no longer have the patience for your bullshit anymore.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Dune is a good novel, the rest are less interesting till they're eventually unreadable.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Like I said, I stopped after reading Dune.

Part of me feels like a fake Dune fan, another finds humor in seeing people regret their wasted time in reading the sequels.

• 1Seriously?

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Did I hurt your feelings? Sorry buttercup. Please don't tell your wife's boyfriend.
Hurt my feelings about what? You don't make any sense. You want to start some stupid argument over God Emperor for some reason. I have no interest in being dragged into an argument how I'm soooo wrong for liking God Emperor, and I have no understanding of how superior the 1st and 2nd books are. I love the entire FH series, go fuck yourself.

My post the other day that sent you into autistic mental spasms, that you couldn't resist spewing your achktually faggotry.

Fuck I swear someone tried to instigate this exact same bullshit about a similar post in this thread, but I just rolled my eyes.

Sterling

El Presidente
Like I said, I stopped after reading Dune.

Part of me feels like a fake Dune fan, another finds humor in seeing people regret their wasted time in reading the sequels.
It's very rare anyone that I've ever met dislikes the Frank books, but anything after those 6 is better left in the trash where it belongs. A lot of people consider the 4th book the best of the bunch.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
The sequels never happened. GEOD is top tier sci fi. The first books are just prologue; Geod is the story itself.

• 1Like