Dune (2020)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I enjoyed Dune quite a bit, I did not care for Dune Messiah at all, Children of Dune started off kind of boring so I never got far into it.

If I skipped ahead to God Emperor, would I be missing to much from Children of Dune, i.e should I slog through Children of Dune or can I just skip it?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've seen the movie, with Sting and Picard, three or four times; so I'm something of a fan myself.

• 1Worf

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
drvcqxu3c5y41.jpg

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Please don’t ban me. I realized I never saw the original Dune. I literally thought the movie Tremors was Dune. Lmao. I just downloaded the 1984 Dune and will watch.

• 9Worf
  • 4WTF
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 16 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Please don’t ban me. I realized I never saw the original Dune. I literally thought the movie Tremors was Dune. Lmao. I just downloaded the 1984 Dune and will watch.
giphy.gif

Mmmmmmm, Shai-Hulud.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Chalamet literally came out of nowhere to become this global superstar and film icon. There is chatter about him being the next DiCaprio, his acting highly respected, his work ethic and professionalism is peerless. Its truly unbelievable how quickly he has risen. He doesnt have the resume of a more accomplished actor, such as a Chris Pratt etc, but his range and getting top billing in one of the hottest directors' masterpiece film at his age is quite an accomplishment.

As long as he doesnt fuck his life up with drugs or women he could end up being a legend.

• 1Solidarity

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Chalamet literally came out of nowhere to become this global superstar and film icon. There is chatter about him being the next DiCaprio, his acting highly respected, his work ethic and professionalism is peerless. Its truly unbelievable how quickly he has risen. He doesnt have the resume of a more accomplished actor, such as a Chris Pratt etc, but his range and getting top billing in one of the hottest directors' masterpiece film at his age is quite an accomplishment.

As long as he doesnt fuck his life up with drugs or women he could end up being a legend.

He also needs to man up a little. His scrawny scarecrow look ain't going to give him any staying power. He needs a trainer and a lot of protein.

That being said, I like his acting chops and look forward to more from him. Mid career DiCaprio was amazeballs - Blood Diamond is a fantastic movie, The Departed, Inception, Body of Lies, all great stuff. Then he turned into a environmentalist cunt and lost all my respect. Fuck DiCaprio. All Hail the new DiCaprio.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Definitely give this kid sometime before giving him the DiCaprio title. What I have seen of Chalamet has been really solid, but what really has he been in before Dune? A part in Ladybird, the Netflix King movie? What else?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thats my point about Chalamet. He DOESNT have the resume, its his sheer gravitas on set, his professional approach, and most of all his acting ability that has catapulted him.

The legacy titles will begin to churn for him, he is also open to doing many different projects so he doesn't mind taking odd roles in smaller films, he enjoys the method acting and getting into unique characters.

Dune should be a huge hit, I suspect his effort will be well received and then he will be on to his next blockbuster and he isn't even 25.

• 1Like

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Definitely give this kid sometime before giving him the DiCaprio title. What I have seen of Chalamet has been really solid, but what really has he been in before Dune? A part in Ladybird, the Netflix King movie? What else?

He was nominated for Best Actor for Call Me By Your Name.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
Arggh, why dont they use some clothes with style in big SF movies ? Like in Equilibrium, that movie had an fashion sense that was integrated well in the futuristic narrative of the movie and actually made the movie better. What the fuck is with those pants and shirt ? Like a peasant in the 1800s.
I know it is just a sparring session for training, but still...
Kierkegaard and art & aesthetics. previous pin: The movie ...
I don't even know what this movie is, but he looks super in this ...

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Arggh, why dont they use some clothes with style in big SF movies ? Like in Equilibrium, that movie had an fashion sense that was integrated well in the futuristic narrative of the movie and actually made the movie better. What the fuck is with those pants and shirt ? Like a peasant in the 1800s.
I don't even know what this movie is, but he looks super in this ...'t even know what this movie is, but he looks super in this ...

Personal preference I guess, I thought it looked fine to be honest.

Reminds me of a British company I buy clothes from.

He is only training after all, the stuff in your post was more formal wear.

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
I don't even know what this movie is, but he looks super in this ...'t even know what this movie is, but he looks super in this ...

For when you're going up against Gordon Ramsay...
gr.JPG

Siliconemelons

Have you not watched equilibrium? That movie is as perfect as a non super block buster budget crazy movie can be - that was not "formal" heh, and that's kinda the point - it /was/ part of the feeling of the world they wanted you to have.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users