Dune (2020)

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Something to keep in mind when reading movie directors interviews: they're also read by producers / investors. Regarding Villeneuve, he wrote an open letter criticizing the studio choice to release Dune on both cinemas and HBO Max. Putting Zendaya at "the protagonist" for the next part could be a nod at the studios to sell his project better (we all know why).

Could be a lost in translation thing since the interview was written in italian but I don't see Villeneuve rewriting entire parts of the book just to push Chani in front of every other character. I could be wrong though, selling film projects that are not capeshit / remakes / franchises / reboots in this age is getting utterly hard, especially science-fiction stuff.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Something to keep in mind when reading movie directors interviews: they're also read by producers / investors. Regarding Villeneuve, he wrote an open letter criticizing the studio choice to release Dune on both cinemas and HBO Max. Putting Zendaya at "the protagonist" for the next part could be a nod at the studios to sell his project better (we all know why).

Could be a lost in translation thing since the interview was written in italian but I don't see Villeneuve rewriting entire parts of the book just to push Chani in front of every other character. I could be wrong though, selling film projects that are not capeshit / remakes / franchises / reboots in this age is getting utterly hard, especially science-fiction stuff.

Putting Chani front and center would be like making Stilgar lax on stillsuit rules.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

Imagine how many awesome films we'd have all the time if studio execs weren't kiddiefucking sociopaths.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Did you miss the part where hes already expanding Chani's role by having her narrate the prologue?

Last edited:
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

there is apparently also a 4h and 6h cut but DenisV says he doesn't do directors cuts of his movies

this movie is gonna bomb so hard even the Taliban will be afraid of it 😿💣💣💣💣

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At this point I think we can start assuming the golden age of film ended around 2015-ish and now we are in the dark ages?

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1629517601473.png

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users