Dune (2020)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Heretics and Chapterhouse are good, just not God Emperor good.
Agreed. They are very worthwhile books in their own way. Some of the character scenes are top notch, and it’s hard not to love Miles. Those books also help to give perspective/insights on GEOTUS. I like the series enough that I went all the way. 7 wasn’t horrific, you can tell he probably did have an outline, though some stuff made no sense and it’s clearly inferior to previous six books. #8 is total poop. Pls don’t make the mistake I did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Agreed. They are very worthwhile books in their own way. Some of the character scenes are top notch, and it’s hard not to love Miles. Those books also help to give perspective/insights on GEOTUS. I like the series enough that I went all the way. 7 wasn’t horrific, you can tell he probably did have an outline, though some stuff made no sense and it’s clearly inferior to previous six books. #8 is total poop. Pls don’t make the mistake I did.
Miles is one of my favorite characters from the series.
As stated by others, all of the Frank 'Dune' books are worth reading, the son - hard pass. Although for the son , it beats getting a read job!

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Are you saying that heretics and chapterhouse are bad and not worth reading or are you suggesting that the later books that Frank did not write are good?
They were pretty boring. Not actually horrible or anything, but certainly not what I'd call 'good'. For me the series can be worth reading through book four and then call it done.

• 1Pathetic

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Saw the movie 8/10. They shortened and changed some things, and krys knives and shield-las gun interactions are taken much more lightly. Still an enjoyable little movie. I knew I’d never get the book, so definitely went in with lowered expectations and wasn’t disappointed. If you want the book on screen you might be.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

1632696817173.png

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Dune releases in US and China on Oct 22nd, it will be available on HBO Max same day of theatrical release. It released early in foreign to at least get some money before 4k pirates hit the scurvy seas

basically 4 more weeks we have to listen to europeans tell us how they successfully passed the gom jabbar. not brits though, they are dirty fremen just like us

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Dune releases in US and China on Oct 22nd, it will be available on HBO Max same day of theatrical release. It released early in foreign to at least get some money before 4k pirates hit the scurvy seas

basically 4 more weeks we have to listen to europeans tell us how they successfully passed the gom jabbar. not brits though, they are dirty fremen just like us

I doubt you'd put your hand in the type of box this forum can offer.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I swear every thread in this forum ends up about dicks, not just the ones Vanessa shits up either.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I swear every thread in this forum ends up about dicks, not just the ones Vanessa shits up either.
Just like there is Godwin's Law, here we have the FoH Law which states that the longer each thread goes, the greater the chance it ends up being about dicks.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I had the original dune board game. All I cared about was being able to light off the family atomic because "family atomics".

Yeah, I've just got the 1984 movie tie in one. I still use the d8s from it.

I heard the one from the 70's was quite good. Now that they're reissuing it I might pick it up.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The one that came out during 2020 is good fun. Irritating my friend by every time he thinks he's figured out how to win doing something else random to beat him.