Dune (2020)

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

If anyone here is interested in Jungian Thought, this is an interesting take on how it interacts with Dune.

Be warned, the kid who made this video doesn't know how to pronounce anything from the book.

This one is shorter, a little more straight-forward and easier to listen to.

This lecture is by a guy who writes a lot about American Imperialism, which apparently Frank Herbert was a big fan of. Apparently he was also a fan of Native Rights. The lecture-giver touches on how both influenced Dune.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine trying to fuck that. You know someone out there is.
1619381873819.png

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Are you black?
I just recently found out I'm less Indian than Elizabeth Warren, pretty sure no. Just an average dick too, balls could be smaller and shorter though.

Probably a subconscious thing, in my homeland growing up, all women were "fat" to one degree or another. Skinny bitches had cancer,were anemic, or were addicts of some kind.

If shes cute and clean, all I need.

Oh yeah, this movie needs to hurry up and get released.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I just recently found out I'm less Indian than Elizabeth Warren, pretty sure no. Just an average dick too, balls could be smaller and shorter though.

Probably a subconscious thing, in my homeland growing up, all women were "fat" to one degree or another. Skinny bitches had cancer,were anemic, or were addicts of some kind.

If shes cute and clean, all I need.

Oh yeah, this movie needs to hurry up and get released.
What’s your home country. America? Ba-dum-tsh.

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
I hate skinny bitches too. Hourglass all the way.

Body Type Calculator

Anyway, Dune will be the first movie I will see in cinema in ages. I read Dune books multiple times when I was younger. I plan or another re-read, in English this time, to see how it sounds, maybe it will be one of the rare cases where the translation was better than the original. I would report back, but noone cares about that so... yeah, thick chicks rule.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hourglass has universal appeal. They showed a similar picture to barely connected tribesmen in the depths of the Amazon and almost all of them preferred hourglass.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Hourglass has universal appeal. They showed a similar picture to barely connected tribesmen in the depths of the Amazon and almost all of them preferred hourglass.
Probably bc they want to roast the pigs and eat them. C Cynical said fatties, not hour glass perfect 90-60-90.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Probably bc they want to roast the pigs and eat them. C Cynical said fatties, not hour glass perfect 90-60-90.
Were there ancient statues of rail thin bitches with the physiques of 11 year old boys? I think not.

goddess.jpg

I'm just fuckin around, I don't have a serious argument. Tried to shrink the picture down, sorry bros, it is a fertility goddess or some shit.

• 2Worf

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In times of hardship (most of history and prehistory) a fat well fed woman indicated wealth. Everyone wants to be wealthy.

Nowadays fat means slovenly cheeto eating couch potato fuckwit.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
In times of hardship (most of history and prehistory) a fat well fed woman indicated wealth. Everyone wants to be wealthy.

Nowadays fat means slovenly cheeto eating couch potato fuckwit.
Wide, child-bearing hips so your wife at least dies after birth and not while still trying to get that heir out.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Wide, child-bearing hips so your wife at least dies after birth and not while still trying to get that heir out.
It was a good day when they invented the chainsaw to deal with the pesky problem of narrow hips during birth.

Google it.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God

spronk

FPS noob
apparently Dune will not release on HBO max the same day as theaters anymore but at a later "undetermined" date

• 3Like
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably like a week or two later. Seems like what a lot of movies are doing now that theaters are opened.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
apparently Dune will not release on HBO max the same day as theaters anymore but at a later "undetermined" date

This has got to help the chance for a part II? I'd think.

Edit: Also sorta sad because I wanted Hollywood to die. Mixed emotions.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This has got to help the chance for a part II? I'd think.

Edit: Also sorta sad because I wanted Hollywood to die. Mixed emotions.

IDK about that. Villeneuve is known for blowing a lot of money with low regard for how that's received by studios.

Even a decent box office is unlikely to offset it.

Cybsled

While states are relaxing mask mandates and venue restrictions, consumer habits are going to lag behind that. Sure, maybe theaters might be full again in the fall, but then again maybe people will realize they like watching shit at home more than in a stuffed theater with overpriced popcorn and soda.

• 1Solidarity