Dune (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
im just not exited About seeing a Dune movie that is only the first half of the book, and the likely possibility a part 2 never gets made.

Should of at least gone the Peter Jackson route and make them both At the same time. It shows a real lack of faith on the part of the studio.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's also possible we get another lockdown before this is released, which will fuck its revenue even further.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks amazing.

What's going on with those gold suits at the end though? To be fair, they make more sense than the black still suits out of the original movie. Presumably sunlight reflects off them and blinds the enemy.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took my kids to see Boss Baby 2 last weekend on Saturday afternoon and the theatre was full. I don’t see how the theaters aren’t packed for this unless, like was said, people just opt to watch it on hbo max instead.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Looks nice, but it also worries me that it's going to stray too far from the book for me to enjoy.

Fuck.

Here is what I will say about the trailer for this

BR 2049 was not action shlock but the trailer made it seem like it would because that drives dumb dumbs to the movies. My guess is that will be the case here. You dont make a 2h45m Dune movie that covers the first HALF of the book and say nah lets change everything up.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Not hating on Dune (know the story but never read the books) but the trailer is so generic ffs

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I loved the 1980's Dune movie because it was so different and darker than any other sci-fi that was around at the time. I know it is a bad movie, but in the early 90's there were a ton of bad movies, especially for sci-fi lovers.

That trailer looks amazing and I have no problem with any of the casting choices. Maybe it will suck and be overly SJW; but just having the most important Fremen character give some back story about their place on Arakkis does not seem like it is straying into some rewriting of the whole story.

spronk

FPS noob
if you like the Dune books watch the TV mini series, they cover books 1 & 2 and while the CGI is a bit goofy its the best of Dune we'll probably get for decades

hell its even free on Youtube lol

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Dune, the book, is amazing. And Lynch’s rendition, while rife with problems, was a pretty damn good effort. I’m not hating on this movie, I really want it to work, but I’m very much hope they don’t take giant liberties from the book and get all inclusive on us.

Dune has a great theme and on its own speaks strongly to real world politics and taboos and needs no help from modern ideas.

I really want this movie to succeed. But personally worry that this will turn into Chanis story because Hollywood.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Dune, the book, is amazing. And Lynch’s rendition, while rife with problems, was a pretty damn good effort. I’m not hating on this movie, I really want it to work, but I’m very much hope they don’t take giant liberties from the book and get all inclusive on us.

Dune has a great theme and on its own speaks strongly to real world politics and taboos and needs no help from modern ideas.

I really want this movie to succeed. But personally worry that this will turn into Chanis story because Hollywood.
There were some major deviations from the book in Lynch's version. From what I can see of these, the trailer focus's a lot on the combat, which is mostly background noise in book dune, but from what I can see so far there doesn't seem to be any major deviations. Since the trailer shows unimportant stuff to the story mostly, it's hard to evaluate if it'll be good/faithful or not.

I'm still in to give it a try

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I think the trailer looked awesome, and Villeneuve is generally amazing so I am really looking forward to it.

I doubt we will get a sequel though which is disappointing, I hope I am wrong.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I personally did NOT love that trailer. I'm still extremely excited about this movie, but I keep telling myself that they're going to have to dim it down a bit.

I do think that is a GOOD trailer to get casuals out to the theaters, though. That cast and some of those action scenes will intrigue people enough.