Dune (2020)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
love a book -> movie adaptation that gets me as far into the story in almost the same amount of time that I could have read to the same point

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
love a book -> movie adaptation that gets me as far into the story in almost the same amount of time that I could have read to the same point
jim-carrey-look.gif

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I finally got to watch this.

It was so good, until Zendaya showed up, and then it was merely okay.

Also the fact that I had to crank up the adaptive volume on my TV really pissed me off. This was the absolute worst offender of dialog to bwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaap sound effects/music volume ratio in the history of cinema.

• 1Like
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Also the fact that I had to crank up the adaptive volume on my TV really pissed me off. This was the absolute worst offender of dialog to bwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaap sound effects/music volume ratio in the history of cinema.

This is so true. The sound editing and production was crap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wasn't it Villeneuve that dismissed all the sound complaints in an interview for BR2049, saying that his movies are tuned for the theater standard, and people with home systems don't have it set up right, or just have shitty equipment?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This is so true. The sound editing and production was crap.
In imax it sounds great and the dialogue is clear. At home, wouldn’t know they are speaking sometimes if you couldn’t see their lips moving.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
In imax it sounds great and the dialogue is clear. At home, wouldn’t know they are speaking sometimes if you couldn’t see their lips moving.

Might be theater dependent? I saw it in IMAX also and had trouble with a bunch of the dialog.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Theater I went to it was perfectly fine. I was really impressed by the sound quality they had going on. Definitely was a better than average theater in that regard.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah audio was great in the Imax Laser setup I saw it in. At home, it was a bit muddled for sure.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Wasn't it Villeneuve that dismissed all the sound complaints in an interview for BR2049, saying that his movies are tuned for the theater standard, and people with home systems don't have it set up right, or just have shitty equipment?
Sounds like Nolan regarding Tenet.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Read the first book when I was a teenager. Movie talk here reminded me about the books again. Nearly done with the third book. Awsome stuff.
So great job movie (It felt hollow somehow, but was good enough. I wanted less Hollywood and more weirdness).

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That would definitely go into a Dune comedy parody. Using Bobcat Goldthwait's voice would have had me chuckling in a good parody.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This would have been much better as a TV series. The movie felt both super long yet they actually left so much out.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users