Dune: Part Two (2023)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Saw a video a while ago of some hillbillies going out to their favorite worming spots in the woods doing this. They harvested them and sold them bait shops. Was actually pretty neat.

Wife and I were doing stuff for the garden, and churned our compost pile. We've got a huge amount of nightcrawlers now. Was shocked at how many there are.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
screener quality is very good, the Chakobsa (Fremen) language portions are hardcoded english subs but otherwise you can drop in your own sub file. Its only a 1080p screener with no HDR, someone did a 4k upscale release too but its not true UHD.

The official blurays come out May 14th which means the 4K UHD web-DLs should be out within 2-3 weeks, but I'd say this version is 100% worth watching at home, looks great. 2h46m runtime with credits, same as theatrical release.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Downloaded an upscaled 4k version. Actually looks really solid. 2.0 audio is painful though, I might just wait to rewatch it.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Saw a video a while ago of some hillbillies going out to their favorite worming spots in the woods doing this. They harvested them and sold them bait shops. Was actually pretty neat.

Wife and I were doing stuff for the garden, and churned our compost pile. We've got a huge amount of nightcrawlers now. Was shocked at how many there are.
Real hillbillies use stakes and old car batteries, I know because I am one. That shit looks like too much work.

Liked this better than part 1, Walken was wasted here, they could have gotten some cheap unknown to fill the role, and it wouldn't have mattered for the character. Should have saved him for a better character, I could almost see Walken as a Scytale with makeup/cgi/bodydoubles with his way of speaking, but he is a bit too old now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Real hillbillies use stakes and old car batteries, I know because I am one. That shit looks like too much work.

Liked this better than part 1, Walken was wasted here, they could have gotten some cheap unknown to fill the role, and it wouldn't have mattered for the character. Should have saved him for a better character, I could almost see Walken as a Scytale with makeup/cgi/bodydoubles with his way of speaking, but he is a bit too old now.
I thought about just getting a wacker packer and running it over the area to see if the worms will come up. Probably drive them nuts.

Caliane

An interesting vid from Little platoon, an excerpt from his upcoming review.

• 1Like

Goatface

1712602433881.png

• 4Like
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Spotlight
Reactions: 5 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went to see this yesterday. Most negs points are already discussed here. Great movie.
two questions though :
Is it my flawed memory or wasn't worm riding a much bigger deal in the book ? like almost anybody wondering how could fremen move so fast without orni ?
During skirmishes between fremen and Harkonnen, didn't they stumble upon Sardaukar and noticed directly that they weren't simple harkonnen footmen ? Here in the movie i recall only Aquaman noticed when they were expelled from arrakeen,

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I feel like this is actually worth owning on physical media - is there a combo special edition parts 1+2 announced yet?

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
but I'd say this version is 100% worth watching at home, looks great. 2h46m runtime with credits, same as theatrical release.

typical spronk spronk nonsense

100% worth watching at home even though the 4k Dolby Vision Atmos blu-ray is only a few weeks away!

• 1Garbage

spronk

FPS noob
Dune part 2 arrives on VOD April 16th (a few days later back on IMAX/70mm in screens) and blu ray May 14th. The home release (VOD and UHD) will have extra features. I watched the 1080p rip out now and its great quality but not 4K nor HDR, i'll just rewatch both movies back to back later this month.

There is also a steelbook version for the guys who collect that shit. There is a combo pack too but nothing really special

www.amazon.com/Dune-2-Film-Collection-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B0CW3F5ZJS

I'd expect a special edition combo later this year or next year with an art book, etc since thats usually how it goes. I doubt there will ever be a director/extended cut, DenisV has never done one (neither has Nolan) and Nolan has said many times the version he releases is the directors cut. There were 4 hours of footage in part 1 cut down to 2h and DenisV never said anything about releasing an extended edition of that either.

If you are heavy into the spice now i'd recommend of course reading the books but also watching the 2014 documentary on Jodorowsky's Dune, i just started watching it and its pretty fucking trippy and full of Duneheads from the 70s who talk about the book and concepts through a 70s and 80s lens, pretty interesting stuff

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Some of the visuals in this version are good (spice collector with the Harkonnens outside) but man, the acting for MOST of the major actors is just shit. Baron probably one of the only ones I like. Ghetto Chani being one of the worst.

1712678614641.png

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users