Dune: Part Two (2023)

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_1765.jpeg

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Goatface

does this have stylized subtitles? reading comments about some rips having messed up forced subs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched this last night, was way too soon after the cinema release to watch it again and I mostly only paid attention to the big action sequences so I could assess the Atmos sound mix.

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
does this have stylized subtitles? reading comments about some rips having messed up forced subs
The 4k DV/HDR version from AppleTV had some issues with the subtitles and was removed from the trackers with quality control. The Amazon version is flawless though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Regardless, Aliens is a fantastic movie, but it would likely flop if it were released in 2024 because the well has been poisoned. Most people are completely-over "strong, boss-bitch" characters and have become hyper-sensitive to women doing things that 99.999999% of men couldn't pull off. Yet these "boss-bitches" do it with ease while the men stumble around, incapable of doing anything but stepping on their own dicks.
Would it flop though? Ripley's not particular strong or a boss-bitch. I don't recall her being an unlikeable cunt, nor do I remember her physically overpowering any dudes twice her size. She plays the role of a mother, and the only time she does something physically crazy is when she's in the powered loader. Maybe I'm forgetting something.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Would it flop though? Ripley's not particular strong or a boss-bitch. I don't recall her being an unlikeable cunt, nor do I remember her physically overpowering any dudes twice her size. She plays the role of a mother, and the only time she does something physically crazy is when she's in the powered loader. Maybe I'm forgetting something.
It would flop now because of the group of people that will immediately trash it for the female lead. It also wouldn't be made the same. Ripley would be some Black lesbian or mtf tranny.

• 1Like

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
This was a great movie but I think I'd rather they not make Part 3 knowing what I know about the source material.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Watched it last night on my tablet- which amazingly has dolby atmos compatibility- so it sounded good, loved the visuals, really liked the journey even though they compressed the time line from ~10 years to about 6-7 months.

the scenes with the Sister were just...perfect imo, and the worms were just awesome.

Chalomet's portrayal of Paul was great showing the struggle about wanting to NOT cause the jihad but he Had too and how is looks got more and more somber and pale as the journey progressed. and the greeting to the Harkonan Duke was just,,,perfect.

sidebar
now the question is, he is the Emperor, also, he is the Duke of Arrakis and head of the bloodline of the Attraides (spelling) but is he not now Duke of Giedi Prime and head of the bloodline of the Harkonens (besides feyd's baby by that BS witch)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Goonsquad Officer
It would flop now because of the group of people that will immediately trash it for the female lead. It also wouldn't be made the same. Ripley would be some Black lesbian or mtf tranny.
yea like how that group is trashing stellar blade because it has a woman lead. or how they trashed fury road for having a woman lead. Bastards.

But yea they'd of uglied up riply as much as possible. and had her look at the camera and say "FEMINISM" or "SEXIST" several times.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
wife was not wanting to watch the movie, which would be in the bedroom where i have an 65" atmos tv and a decent/good soundbar, and i didn't feel like turning on my system in the living room- 60" 1080p plasma tv with a 5.1 speaker setup(definitive tech speakers/subwoofer and a receiver that can do atmos), so i just used my tablet, which is higher resolution than my living room tv

Last edited:
  • 1Mother of God

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
wife was not wanting to watch the movie, which would be in the bedroom where i have an 65" atmos tv and a decent/good soundbar, and i didn't feel like turning on my system in the living room- 60" 1080p plasma tv with a 5.1 speaker setup(definitive tech speakers/subwoofer and a receiver that can do atmos), so i just used my tablet, which is higher resolution than my living room tv

Atmos is a sound format, so it's unlikely you have an "Atmos" TV but as the video above says, dolby are grifting by sticking the Atmos label on everything and anything for licensing fees

If you have an Atmos receiver but only 5.1 speakers then whilst it may decode Atmos there's no height speakers for it to send the Atmos height channels to, which is really the main benefit of Atmos over regular dolby digital

And surely the bigger size of the TV is better than watching 2160p on a smaller screen?

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

En Sabah Nur

Bronze Squire
If the academy awards still meant anything, I would say that Javier Bardem should win best supporting actor. Rebecca Ferguson deserves at least a nomination as well.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I don’t hate the Zendaya casting as much as everyone else (at least she looks like a sand American Inventor) but there was nothing remarkable about her acting here.
Putting aside for a moment the established fact that Fremen werent Middle Easterners.

Nobody criticized her casting because she was cast as a sand inventor. Everyone criticized her casting because she was cast in a role traditionally reserved for someone at least moderately attractive.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users