Dune: Part Two (2023)

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Some of the visuals in this version are good (spice collector with the Harkonnens outside) but man, the acting for MOST of the major actors is just shit. Baron probably one of the only ones I like. Ghetto Chani being one of the worst.
I hate when they do shit like this. Instead of going with someone mainstream or even a little unknown they cast someone far outside the realm of the established fan base on purpose. They give the fans the middle finger with this woke casting figuring our money is guaranteed anyway. And then they can bring in this teeny bopper's fans as if they would be the least bit interested past seeing her ugly mug on screen.

It's the same bullshit with the NFL pushing Taylor Swift so retardedly hard. How many other NFL guys are married to hot famous women? But they push Swift down your throat because her fans are the antithesis of NFL fans.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Dune part 2 arrives on VOD April 16th (a few days later back on IMAX/70mm in screens) and blu ray May 14th. The home release (VOD and UHD) will have extra features. I watched the 1080p rip out now and its great quality but not 4K nor HDR, i'll just rewatch both movies back to back later this month.

There is also a steelbook version for the guys who collect that shit. There is a combo pack too but nothing really special

www.amazon.com/Dune-2-Film-Collection-4K-Blu-ray/dp/B0CW3F5ZJS

I'd expect a special edition combo later this year or next year with an art book, etc since thats usually how it goes. I doubt there will ever be a director/extended cut, DenisV has never done one (neither has Nolan) and Nolan has said many times the version he releases is the directors cut. There were 4 hours of footage in part 1 cut down to 2h and DenisV never said anything about releasing an extended edition of that either.

If you are heavy into the spice now i'd recommend of course reading the books but also watching the 2014 documentary on Jodorowsky's Dune, i just started watching it and its pretty fucking trippy and full of Duneheads from the 70s who talk about the book and concepts through a 70s and 80s lens, pretty interesting stuff

That's a fantastic documentary. All of his movies are pretty wild, and had he got Dune of the ground it definitely would have been a historic spectical.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For the most part everyone is good outside of Zendaya/Walken, even Pugh wasnt very good but I think it's the writing.

Batista had more to work with, I can't remember, did Gurny really make work of him like that in the books?

Edit - I'm not a big fan of Pugh and looked at all her movies. Had to clue she played the WWF whore Paige in that movie.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
If you haven't at least read the first book you're a massive faggot and should be threadbanned

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Some of the visuals in this version are good (spice collector with the Harkonnens outside) but man, the acting for MOST of the major actors is just shit. Baron probably one of the only ones I like. Ghetto Chani being one of the worst.

View attachment 523920
Baron was good, as was his bald nephew. The rest were shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just got done watching this. I wasn't a fan of the first one, so I was going to skip this all together, but a friend asked if I was going to see it, so I went as a friend thing. This one was a lot more enjoyable than the first for me. It was definitely long, but it wasn't bad. And Zendya's fighter name in the movie is like... Shendya. Something like that. Ok then.

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
For the most part everyone is good outside of Zendaya/Walken, even Pugh wasnt very good but I think it's the writing.

Batista had more to work with, I can't remember, did Gurny really make work of him like that in the books?

Edit - I'm not a big fan of Pugh and looked at all her movies. Had to clue she played the WWF whore Paige in that movie.

View attachment 523931

Yeah Zendaya and Walken... writing could have been better.

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider

View attachment 523920

I lol'd at "ghetto Chani." I really dont understand the appeal of zhendaya, she reminds me of the type of girl that would shank someone in the prison chow line. In hindsight they probably could've chosen a better actress for the role.

I saw the movie a third time, third time was actually not the charm, I think it's because the Imax theater I went to had shitty sound. The sound makes a huge difference in this movie..

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I know this might be a little bit off topic, but I still have a place in my heart for the David Lynch version, and I guess Oliver Harper ended up doing a retrospective on that version and I really do enjoy his deep dives into older movies. Figured some of you guys might enjoy it.

Still the best Dune to me, but I do love the mini series.

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How woke was Aliens?
It wasn't, but why isn't particularly important.

Regardless, Aliens is a fantastic movie, but it would likely flop if it were released in 2024 because the well has been poisoned. Most people are completely-over "strong, boss-bitch" characters and have become hyper-sensitive to women doing things that 99.999999% of men couldn't pull off. Yet these "boss-bitches" do it with ease while the men stumble around, incapable of doing anything but stepping on their own dicks.

Furthermore, I loooooooooooooooathe characters like Chani. I find her absolutely repulsive and cannot imagine being in a relationship with a woman like her. I couldn't even fuck that type of woman because they make my dick so flaccid it disappears into my stomach.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It wasn't, but why isn't particularly important.

Regardless, Aliens is a fantastic movie, but it would likely flop if it were released in 2024 because the well has been poisoned. Most people are completely-over "strong, boss-bitch" characters and have become hyper-sensitive to women doing things that 99.999999% of men couldn't pull off. Yet these "boss-bitches" do it with ease while the men stumble around are incapable of doing anything but stepping on their own dicks.

Furthermore, I loooooooooooooooathe characters like Chani. I find her absolutely repulsive and cannot imagine being in a relationship with a woman like her. I couldn't even fuck that type of woman because they make my dick so flaccid it disappears into my stomach.
It's one of my top five films. Probably watched it close to 100 times, who wants my favorite movie is a kid and the reason I bought all the comic books regarding the mythos.

You've got trekkies or weird Star Wars people that hell bent on that universe, aliens and predator was my jam. I don't necessarily give a shit how about those other IPs, but aliens and predator stuff was maybe the only thing that I'm faithful towards in that same manner as a stupid Star Wars fan or a Trekkie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I lol'd at "ghetto Chani." I really dont understand the appeal of zhendaya, she reminds me of the type of girl that would shank someone in the prison chow line. In hindsight they probably could've chosen a better actress for the role.

I saw the movie a third time, third time was actually not the charm, I think it's because the Imax theater I went to had shitty sound. The sound makes a huge difference in this movie..

Did read various reports of IMAX theaters being ill-maintained and/or worn down. More than a few are in disrepair, and it's not uncommon to have to do some more leg work to find a good theater with all of the electronics functioning up to standard.. Further confirmed the "4D IMAX" experience is mostly in various states of disrepair across the country and poorly maintained.

Denis V is really big on sound, so it would make a huge difference whether the speakers are all operating in the expected parameter.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the 2160p Atmos rips are out, which makes the decision of the local village idiots ( Springbok Springbok to watch on his blackberry) or spronk spronk to watch the potato quality rip last week even more retarded

• 2Garbage
  • 1SchwarzeNeg
Reactions: 2 users

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
the 2160p Atmos rips are out, which makes the decision of the local village idiots ( Springbok Springbok to watch on his blackberry) or spronk spronk to watch the potato quality rip last week even more retarded
Anyone who was too pov to afford an IMAX ticket to see the movie is a fucking queer and shouldn't be ITT. Really just hurting yourself by being deprived of the cinematic experience of the worm riding scene.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Silence retard autistic dog fucker

Impossible to stay silent when I'll be watching in 7.1.4 Dolby Atmos - gonna wait a tiny bit longer for a Dolby Vision rip so I can get the maximum benefit of my 65" LG OLED.

I am not autistic

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Anyone who was too pov to afford an IMAX ticket to see the movie is a fucking queer and shouldn't be ITT. Really just hurting yourself by being deprived of the cinematic experience of the worm riding scene.

ICYDK, Bollywood has been a bastion of progressive values for years but has recently taken a turn to become another boring right-wing orgy.

But never, never write off a movie or studio a priori because it's not Hollywood. Hollywood has been fucking trash for years now. I've not seen a Bollywood movie and have put it off because it sounds like it's a beta Indian rip off of Hollywood, which sounds extremely unappealing.

But then I saw both Raid movies, then Night Comes For Us, and it was some of the coolest and brutal shit I've seen. Asia is a fucking talent for action movies through that alone and they can beat the piss out of Hollywood. Good to see Iko and Joe Taschim or whoever find their way to bigger projects. Both deserve it.

You think Monkey Man is Bollywood because it's writer/director is an English guy of Indian descent, your opinion is invalid

1713181691929.png

• 2Garbage