Dune: Part Two (2023)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The first one was a visual masterpiece. The Sardaukar scene alone got me hard. I'll watch this one for those reasons alone, despite the many story "misses" from the first movie.
The only thing that has me worried is that this trailer was way weaker than the trailer for the first one. There wasn’t nearly as much visual flex, but he gets the benefit of the doubt.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Did anyone watch the first movie? All of the Harkonnen look like that.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Did anyone watch the first movie? All of the Harkonnen look like that.
Well yea kinda, but feyd explicitly has hair and is exceptional for a harkonnen in a lot of ways, but whatever I’ll let him do his thing. In the book he is extremely intelligent, and observant, and his assessments end up being pretty much spot on. I doubt we’ll be getting that.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
We watch it up to the invasion sequence and put it back down. All the interesting shit in Dune is in the first half with the world building and 1:1 concept art ports.

I watched it last night for the third time and zoned out after that part

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I get making Feyd look more "Harkonnen" for the movie but he's supposed to be peak male genetics. He was supposed to father the Kwisatz Haderach with an Atreides daughter. Pale and hairless I can believe from a life on Giedi Prime but he better not have any mutations or other disfigurements.

I liked red-head Sting in the old movie because it gave a visible cue that his genetics were pure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I predict he's gonna be whiney and annoying, constantly vying for the Baron's favor, in the final fight he'll be yelling and shit as he charges Paul with his knife.

spronk

FPS noob

3 min trailer probably gives away a lot so i wouldn't watch if youre gonna see the movie

can't wait, Nov 3nd 2023

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Great perspective. We need more perspectives like this around this cesspool of filth and villainy.

Have you thought about freefalling into the politics thread to see if you can elevate some of these cretins?

Meme Think GIF

nu_11

Movie will continue to pale in comparison to the book. Fuck Zoomer Paul and Zoomer Chani

Screenshot_20230630_195202_Firefox.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Guy knows how to make some good looking movies. I'm in. Sure he'll rape the source material, but whatever.

Honestly, I'd like to see what horrors spawn from a take on the god emperor set for modern audiences. That might actually be funny as fuck with the fish speakers and what not, never mind that Leto II is pretty much a character designed to offend liberals to their core.

Or a movie on miles teg. That could be some fun shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ridiculous complaint because the original movie is nothing like the book anyway.

Trailer looks good, bordering on great but Zendaya remains the weak point.

Chalamet is hard to take seriously but honestly I found Paul to be hard to take seriously right up until you do. That's the whole point of the first book. Every great upstart is just a whiny entitled bitch until they win and everything changes.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users