Dune: Part Two (2023)

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Just be happy we're not getting another forced diversity faggot shitfest movie from the uber woke dipshits.

The bad guy pedophiles (Harkonnens) are literally albinos :trump:

The first speech in Part 1 is Chani chimping out about imperialism and stolen lands

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

The first speech in Part 1 is Chani chimping out about imperialism and stolen lands
The Harkonnen are not really described in the books, so they could have gone Black I guess, but white people can be just as evil, fat and greedy. Its more of a human trait than a color palette. I have no problem with white being represented in this fashion because it is fiction and not real.

Chani is describing her people's history. It is the story.....

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

bruh, the name of the planet is Iraq-us.
he picked Vladimir Harkonnen because it sounded "soviet"
the freman conduct a Jihad.
The Atreides have a direct lineage from King Agamemnon, son of Atreus...
spice is definitely not oil.

he wasn't subtle.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The Harkonnen are not really described in the books, so they could have gone Black I guess, but white people can be just as evil, fat and greedy. Its more of a human trait than a color palette. I have no problem with white being represented in this fashion because it is fiction and not real.

Chani is describing her people's history. It is the story.....

bruh, the name of the planet is Iraq-us.
he picked Vladimir Harkonnen because it sounded "soviet"
the freman conduct a Jihad.
The Atreides have a direct lineage from King Agamemnon, son of Atreus...
spice is definitely not oil.

he wasn't subtle.

Bruh.

Frank Herbert didnt originally want to write a story about white people bad and anti-imperialism.

He started writing Dune because he was studying dunes in Washington/Oregon as a journalist. He just amassed a ton of information during his research. Among his research he found that deserts inspired people to found/worship religions.

He abstracted names and ideas from reality into his story which is what many artist do, and does not necessarily mean anything.

The Golden Path, which was pivotal to the main characters, has ZERO to do with race or imperialism and it had 100% with maintaining long-term survival of short-term thinking humans.

The dream of the Fremen over everything (even being anti imperialists) was turning Arrakis into paradise for themselves. And they knew it would take them generations and they would not live to see it. What happened to the Fremen after they were successful in turning Dune into paradise? The Fremen became weak and useless. Even though the Fremen had a multi-generational plan, that plan was still too short-term

The Dune story is about being anti-thetical to short-term thinking. It is above current events like grieving about historical racism or imperialism.

Arrakis = Iraq, Spice = Oil are just shallow interpretations

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I felt the first one was an above average generic sci fi movie, but a below average Dune movie. I fully acknowledge that there's no way to actually film true to the book without cratering viewership due to the extremely low IQ of a modern audience, but the facts is the facts as the kids say (they probably don't, actually they probably can't even talk to each other).

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Ridiculous complaint because the original movie is nothing like the book anyway.

Trailer looks good, bordering on great but Zendaya remains the weak point.

Chalamet is hard to take seriously but honestly I found Paul to be hard to take seriously right up until you do. That's the whole point of the first book. Every great upstart is just a whiny entitled bitch until they win and everything changes.
Anyone who thinks that they can't take Chalamet seriously needs to watch Netflix's "The King". I didn't think much of him until I saw that and was massively impressed with his performance. It's a great movie and shows he had what it takes for this role. I don't know what the future holds for this guy but he can act and the hype is real.

Last edited:
  • 10Like
Reactions: 9 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I thought Timothy was a perfect casting choice for Paul. His physical features are almost exactly how I pictured Paul in my mind's eye.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's what I was saying, I thought the casting was good because he's a whiny bitch and Paul was a whiny bitch for most of the book.

• 3Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
That's what I was saying, I thought the casting was good because he's a whiny bitch and Paul was a whiny bitch for most of the book.
You were saying you didn't take Chalamet seriously, and the sentence construction is such its hard to tell if you didn't mean him or Paul or both. Its easy to not take him the actor personally serious because his build is slight and not the way I thought about Paul at all; probably Sci Fi is the way I thought about him size wise ( Both about 5'10", 150lbs for Chalamet vs 175lbs? for Alec Newman). Timothee, though, in the King proves that while he may be lithe he has what it takes.

I can see now what you were trying to say.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was nervous about Chalamet as Paul because of typical younger leading men (slighter figures, weaker voices). He did well in the first part, but being able to yell / give a speech with a powerful voice is pivotal to my immersion. Either he gets it, has a voice coach, or is digitally assisted in the audio but the final trailer delivered. 'Long live the fighters', goosebumps.

We all know it is going to happen, but they could have left the reuniting with Gurney for the movie. Christopher Walken is a bit of a distraction. Also, inquiring minds want to know, where oh where are the weirding modules? I want to believe those are being saved for the big screen.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Also, inquiring minds want to know, where oh where are the weirding modules? I want to believe those are being saved for the big screen.
1688564065662.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like Denis fully intends on a trilogy with Dune: Messiah being the 3rd movie. Obviously, he'll need it to perform later this year. Current projections are $500m box office.

The theatrical trailer they released recently, I actually liked. Now all the added Chani screen time and "purpose" is going to be stupid but yeah. From a cinematography standpoint it looks like it could be solid.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was nervous about Chalamet as Paul because of typical younger leading men (slighter figures, weaker voices). He did well in the first part, but being able to yell / give a speech with a powerful voice is pivotal to my immersion. Either he gets it, has a voice coach, or is digitally assisted in the audio but the final trailer delivered. 'Long live the fighters', goosebumps.

We all know it is going to happen, but they could have left the reuniting with Gurney for the movie. Christopher Walken is a bit of a distraction. Also, inquiring minds want to know, where oh where are the weirding modules? I want to believe those are being saved for the big screen.
That was a David Lynch invention for the 1984 movie because they couldn't cinematically show the Bene Gesserit fighting techniques mixed with the Fremen prowess. The Wierdling modules were what Lynch and Co. came up with to explain how the Fremen would be this super elite fighting force that the Emperor was afraid of. No weirdling modules are coming in this Dune pt2.

tumblr_mnzpphmm951rlheeoo1_500.gif

Last edited:

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That was a David Lynch invention for the 1984 movie because they couldn't cinematically show the Bene Gesserit fighting techniques mixed with the Fremen prowess. The Wierdling modules were what Lynch and Co. came up with to explain how the Fremen would be this super elite fighting force that the Emperor was afraid of. No weirdling modules are coming in this Dune pt2.

I thought it was because kung-fu type movies were super common 70's-80's, and they chose the sonic weapons due to the weirding way being perceived as just more martial arts stuff everyone was kinda burnt out on.

I'm pulling that out of my foggy memory, I may be thinking another film back in 80's.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm

Well jeez, all this time, I had no idea. I have never read the books, the movie was a past time of my father and I so we just watched. Does that mean Muad'dib is not a killing word then and was also an invention? Good god this is messing with me. We'll see if I like magic sand ninjas more than kung-fu sand ninjas.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Worf

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
If I recall, Muab Dib did in fact have the ability to mind fuck Feyd so hard that his head would explode. He chose to beat Feyd in Feyds peak arena, a 1v1 duel, but then also explode him at the end to flex his mental.

Like, look at me and underestimate me, and you will all suffer the same fate as this weeb.

Others did not have the ability to blow people up - that’s just the ‘dark place’ that drinking the water of life giving you access to people in a different way.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Iirc Paul used the voice on feyd in a very minor way to make him hesitate for a second and let Paul win after he realized feyd cheated by coating his weapon in sporific ( a poison) and Paul used his powers over his cells to neutralize the poison after.

no one in the books is able to kill with the voice, not even the god emperor.

muaddib is just a desert mouse and the name has no special power outside of the religion that centered around Paul.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
First one was mediocre, I haven’t been compelled to rewatch it, it was scraped of much of its substance, it looked good visually, other than the fighting, the person who synched the power rangers theme nailed it. The Harkanons felt sterile, Skarsgard senior and the one who played Piter, were fairly one dimensional, not much in the way of plotting. The Protag is presumably still a straw weight I assume. Can’t say I’m interested, and I love Sci Fi, I was hyped for the first one

Last edited:
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Like

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The Dune story is about being anti-thetical to short-term thinking. It is above current events like grieving about historical racism or imperialism.

Arrakis = Iraq, Spice = Oil are just shallow interpretations
There's no way anyone who's read the books could come away with the idea that this was meant to symbolism over US and Soviet war. That's a flimsy facade that just doesn't stick. It's very obvious that Dune was an exploration into the horrible problems that technology and the future will bring to humanity, and what would society look like if it could truly overcome them. He was interested in human evolution, and the different paths that people would take in different environments, both physically and psychologically. Also he seemed to be questing for what the ultimate form of philosophical reasoning was. The books have more in common with Plato's writings of Socrates than any modern day events.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users