Dune: Part Two (2023)

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I did a brief google search and saw three were planned but the top of those results are always dubious media sites that make shit up so /shrug

Not sure why three wouldn’t have been the plan from the beginning though

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Movie was excellent. It was all of our first time in a M4DX showing. I think they should have had more product merch for the showing. The theater could have had exsanguinated Harkonnen cocktails, etc. $$$

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I don't think DV is directing a third if it happens, is he?

I did a brief google search and saw three were planned but the top of those results are always dubious media sites that make shit up so /shrug

Not sure why three wouldn’t have been the plan from the beginning though
From Wikipedia:
Villeneuve has expressed interest in making a third film based on Dune Messiah, the second novel in the series, adding that the possibility for the film depended on the success of Dune: Part Two.[116][117][118] Spaihts also reiterated in March 2022 that Villeneuve had plans for a third film as well as the television spin-off series Dune: Prophecy.[119] In August 2023, Villeneuve declared his intentions for a third film that would serve as the conclusion of a trilogy.[120] Villeneuve began developing a script for the third film in 2023.[121] In February 2024, Villeneuve said the script was "almost finished" but also said he "[doesn't] want to rush it," citing Hollywood's tendency of focusing on release dates over a film's overall quality.[122]

Ahead of Dune: Part Two's release, Hans Zimmer revealed he was already writing music for a third film after Villeneuve came in and "wordlessly" put Dune Messiah on his desk.[123]

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
I don't think DV is directing a third if it happens, is he?

rumor is he is working on either Rendevous with Rama (Clarke scifi) or Cleopatra, then after one or both would return for Dune Messiah. Which works out well since that book takes place 20-25 years after Dune so it would allow Chalamet and Zendaya to age up a bit to match the characters. Probably compress the timelines a little bit though. That would be the end of his involvement, I doubt he would tackle Children of Dune or God Emperor.

Dune Prophecy will be airing on TV this year most likely and it is a TV show about the founding of the Bene Geneserit ~10,000 years before Dune, near the end of the Butlerian Jihad. Its source material is one of his son's books so its... not good.

• 2Like

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Good fucking movie.

Was kind of funny when we were leaving some guy was loudly complaining about there only being like a minute of Christopher Walken, and that was apparently the only reason he wanted to see the movie

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
That was really good, i think im sick of seeing zendaya and anya taylor joy though lol
the whole B&W vibes on harkonnen plots, specifically the gladiator scenes were fantastic
also rebecca ferguson with face tats got me feelin somethin, god damn

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
That was really good, i think im sick of seeing zendaya and anya taylor joy though lol
the whole B&W vibes on harkonnen plots, specifically the gladiator scenes were fantastic
Chef's kiss of a woman.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So is this better then the first one? I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I didn't particularly enjoy the first one, it just felt hollow and I was supposed to be dazzled by the amazing cinematography and special effects, which it did a fantastic job.

It's hard though not to compare it to the Lynch version and the Sci-Fi miniseries. That's what I know and that's what I love, despite their flaws, and the first movie you just kind of felt boring despite looking better than the other two hands down.

I haven't gone and seen a movie in the theater since 1917, which I think it was the only person in the IMAX theater for a matinee and it was a pretty amazing experience. I guess what I'm asking is is it worth going back to the movie theater? I watched the first one with the wife on Max or whatever and I'm tempted just do the same damn thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will say I was very pleased by less deafening wailing woman sound in this one

• 1Worf

Oldbased

> Than U
But you got to endure Furiosa Mad Maxie this year though.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
The movie previews and commercials are getting worse.....but Dune Pt2 was great. Loved it.

And I actually really liked Zendaya in it. Come at me bros

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
IMG_0812.jpeg

• 9Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 11 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Went and saw this in IMAX part 2 suffers from the same problem part 1 did. These faggots can’t pronounce Harkonnen properly.

0/10

Aside from that the movie was pretty damn solid they actually made Feyd-Rautha pretty damn interesting in this one.

Zendaya’s entire presence in the latter half of the movie just came across as a pouty spoiled cunt.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Went and saw this in IMAX part 2 suffers from the same problem part 1 did. These faggots can’t pronounce Harkonnen properly.

0/10

Aside from that the movie was pretty damn solid they actually made Feyd-Rautha pretty damn interesting in this one.

Zendaya’s entire presence in the latter half of the movie just came across as a pouty spoiled cunt.

So it sucked? I know the production value will be great, but that’s hardly the most important draw for me

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So it sucked? I know the production value will be great, but that’s hardly the most important draw for me

No I would say it was worth a watch, her being garbage was whatever. The rest was about as solid as you can get for what they covered. I actually came out hoping they do the next movie… although Dune gets more and more oddball apeshit as the story progresses.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well this is probably movie of the year. I love movies that provide an experience. That sand worm ride was very well done. The movie had a pretty good pace. I was happily surprised at how it only felt a little bit rushed but palatable.

I liked Zendaya's character more in this movie. Yes she is a bit bitchy, but she would be. At the start she does not trust Paul but after some time she begins too. I actually enjoyed the part where you see their relationship blossom. Then it fell apart. She had a right to be pissed.

The Harkonen world was awesome with the light radiation that emits no color. I love Science Fiction when it changes an environment.

As somebody noted, the lack of screaming music was much nicer. I felt the soundtrack worked better in part two.

As noted, watch this on the largest screen possible with the best sound system.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
So is this better then the first one? I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I didn't particularly enjoy the first one, it just felt hollow and I was supposed to be dazzled by the amazing cinematography and special effects, which it did a fantastic job.

It's hard though not to compare it to the Lynch version and the Sci-Fi miniseries. That's what I know and that's what I love, despite their flaws, and the first movie you just kind of felt boring despite looking better than the other two hands down.

I haven't gone and seen a movie in the theater since 1917, which I think it was the only person in the IMAX theater for a matinee and it was a pretty amazing experience. I guess what I'm asking is is it worth going back to the movie theater? I watched the first one with the wife on Max or whatever and I'm tempted just do the same damn thing.
Part 1, was hollow and sterile and devoid of significant elements that made the novel great, had that god awful dream fight sequence that was ripped off from a dance music video, and a lot of poor choices in casting. Its an endeavor to be able to get out to see a movie with my current responsibilities, I can’t wager doing it again, when then first was so disappointing.

Oh, did they have that giant orgy scene?

• 1Solidarity