Dune: Part Two (2023)

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So is this better then the first one? I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I didn't particularly enjoy the first one, it just felt hollow and I was supposed to be dazzled by the amazing cinematography and special effects, which it did a fantastic job.

It's hard though not to compare it to the Lynch version and the Sci-Fi miniseries. That's what I know and that's what I love, despite their flaws, and the first movie you just kind of felt boring despite looking better than the other two hands down.

I haven't gone and seen a movie in the theater since 1917, which I think it was the only person in the IMAX theater for a matinee and it was a pretty amazing experience. I guess what I'm asking is is it worth going back to the movie theater? I watched the first one with the wife on Max or whatever and I'm tempted just do the same damn thing.

Went and saw this in IMAX part 2 suffers from the same problem part 1 did. These faggots can’t pronounce Harkonnen properly.

0/10

Aside from that the movie was pretty damn solid they actually made Feyd-Rautha pretty damn interesting in this one.

Zendaya’s entire presence in the latter half of the movie just came across as a pouty spoiled cunt.

First one was like a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me.

Part Two, immediate reaction, is like an 8 or 9.

My biggest problem is Chani's character and Zendaya's acting. Christopher Walken was a cheap Emperor, pointless, dully acted.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
First one was like a 6 or 7 out of 10 for me.

Part Two, immediate reaction, is like an 8 or 9.

My biggest problem is Chani's character and Zendaya's acting. Christopher Walken was a cheap Emperor, pointless, dully acted.
Does Baron Harkonen have more screen time in this one? He has maybe 10 minutes in the first film? It was just real weird that he's one of the main antagonist and he was barely given any screen time. Compare it to the Lynch version, or hell even the miniseries, where you really get a sense of who he is and what is motivations are. I was just thinking about the other film and it's one of those things that kind of bugged me. You bring in a top notch actor to portray him and then you barely use him, but it'll be more impactful if you have him bathing in an oil tub or whatever that was.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
GHtSY4RXEAAH_E1.png

• 8Worf
  • 1Great Review
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 9 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Was awesome.

"As written."

Better than part one, actually wanted it to either end sooner or go longer, the final act felt a bit rushed compared to the pacing of the first couple hours.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Does Baron Harkonen have more screen time in this one? He has maybe 10 minutes in the first film? It was just real weird that he's one of the main antagonist and he was barely given any screen time. Compare it to the Lynch version, or hell even the miniseries, where you really get a sense of who he is and what is motivations are. I was just thinking about the other film and it's one of those things that kind of bugged me. You bring in a top notch actor to portray him and then you barely use him, but it'll be more impactful if you have him bathing in an oil tub or whatever that was.
Sorry to say that the Baron wasnt given much more to work with.

But they made Feyd Rautha an evil badass.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
When a good quality one is available on the high seas, can someone post an .mp4 download link? I'll definitely buy it when it's available, but I'd like to watch it 14 times between now and then.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
When a good quality one is available on the high seas, can someone post an .mp4 download link? I'll definitely buy it when it's available, but I'd like to watch it 14 times between now and then.

Yes sure, we'll break the rules of this forum just for you because you're that special.

• 1Garbage

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No piracy this time, the ticket sales must flow

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I guess I'm in the minority that thinks the 1st one was better. Dune 1 is a 9 for me, 2 is an 8.

I liked 2 just fine but some of the narrative choices were weird to me

already mentioned it but the whole “fundamentalist” thing and north/south distinction doesn’t exist in the book and was completely unnecessary.

Pacing was off. There was a lot of content in the three hours that would have been better served over the course of more movies or an entire series. Pauls transition to Muad’dib takes longer than a year.

Fremen tactics didn’t make any sense at all (you should probably lead with the lasers that can carve shit like butter instead of getting your people waxed). Does anyone have anything more powerful than that shit other than nukes? Why even narratively give them such OP weapons, aren’t they the underdogs?

Chani does not act like that in the books…she supports Paul and doesn’t bitch. Another pointless change.

The final battle was a joke as the Fremen just steamrolled everyone in a laugher that seemed like five minutes of screen time.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
That was one of the loudest movies I’ve seen in a long time. I felt like my teeth were about to start rattling during the sandworm scene.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Arrakis, Dune, desert planet.

The risk of taking a difficult sci fi adaptation and delivering on a fan level and monetary level should be part of the conversation, because the success of this will give others the balls for similar projects.

Huge win for the geeks.

The movie was great because it delivered on the tragic hero tale. No, it wasn’t perfect, but it delivered visually, audibly, and emotionally by making the audience experience the lonely redemption arc of Paul Atreides, the OG.

I brought my wife and kids to see it and despite being one of the cheapest cheap skates on the planet, I am super happy I did.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That's fucking retarded, and I'm a doctor. HBO Max it is then.
I hear you. I wanted more of the Baron as well, but I walked out of this not regretting my purchase.

If you want to see what everyone is gushing over I suggest you head down to an IMAX if possible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
That's just weird though considering how pivotal he is to the entire plot of the goddamn book. Why wouldn't he be front and center. I don't know, maybe this is the version of Dune for people that will never read the books.

I know I'm still going to end up seeing it, maybe this week if I go to slow day I'll go catch a matinee. After all I need to fist that popcorn bucket.

• 1Like

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So if I googled sand worm fleshlight, will one already exist or will I be leaking my billion dollar idea to the whores at alphabet?

• 1Worf