Dune: Part Two (2023)

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
That's kind of odd to me. The fremen are the most appealing to me (disclaimer - I never read the books, so the movies & random OCD wiki and YouTube deep dives are all I have to go on). I guess maybe that makes more since if you know I spent my 20s vagabonding and that I'm all about that rural life because I hate cities. I can't think of any faction I'd rather join than the fremen. Atradies seem the closest to modern livin'. Harkonnens seem like serving in hell. Sardarkaurs seem like joining the Marines. Bene sisterhood seems like a 40yo sorority of backstabbing cunts. Spacing guild and the Ixlgjsjwfn nerds seem like incel cults, and i only know about 3 sentences worth about the smugglers. Who's a better choice than the fremen or atradies? (And when it comes to spelling mistakes, eat my ass. I'm tired of looking up how to spell these fuckers)

Now I'm curious though. Everybody else here, which faction would you join? Let's say you're joining as a low to mid level officer. Nobody of import.

Did you mean the Bene Tleilax seemed like a nerd incel cult? You are absolutely right! I'm actually surprised I have not yet heard them brought up in incel circles and threads. Nirgon Nirgon can you chime in? You are the one who has studied the arts of the incel the longest and deepest.

• 2Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There's something about Zendaya that is kind of hot and I'm not really a fan of the purple puss 99% of the time, nor do I have Jungle Fever. Zoe Saldana is another one that I find hot as fuck for some weird reason.

• 3Barf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
That's kind of odd to me. The fremen are the most appealing to me (disclaimer - I never read the books, so the movies & random OCD wiki and YouTube deep dives are all I have to go on). I guess maybe that makes more since if you know I spent my 20s vagabonding and that I'm all about that rural life because I hate cities. I can't think of any faction I'd rather join than the fremen. Atradies seem the closest to modern livin'. Harkonnens seem like serving in hell. Sardarkaurs seem like joining the Marines. Bene sisterhood seems like a 40yo sorority of backstabbing cunts. Spacing guild and the Ixlgjsjwfn nerds seem like incel cults, and i only know about 3 sentences worth about the smugglers. Who's a better choice than the fremen or atradies? (And when it comes to spelling mistakes, eat my ass. I'm tired of looking up how to spell these fuckers)

Now I'm curious though. Everybody else here, which faction would you join? Let's say you're joining as a low to mid level officer. Nobody of import.
Fish speakers.

And boo to whomever brought up the bene tlelax. Pretty sure he meant the Ixians. The universe's ultra-giga "But why are they all male???!" tlelaxu chads don't appear until next book. bandwagon doesn't know of them yet.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well, I guess we know who she is banging.

At least one of them, at any rate.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I’d like to join the worms.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
I’d like to join the worms.

Dunno if you read the books, but its absolutely possible to "join" with them, literally.

Anyways, I like the Imperial Corrino family. It actually pissed me off that they had the Emperor get on his KNEES. Would never have happened. Dammit, I like gedi prime and the spacing guild too. Sorry, I can't pick one. I like all the shady quasi-evil factions.

Watch Dune1 last night on HBO to refresh my memory. Was good, but yeah 2 was better.

You know I've been searching forever and I've YET to find/catch the Dune Miniseries on stream. Never seen it and I hear tell that many liked it better than the 1984 movie. I need to find it.

I'm the one that brought up the story involving Rabban the Beast's youth on his father's planet , which (its been years) someone here corrected me and said it was from books that the author's son wrote or something. I guess I was that big of a Dune fan I was even reading the spin off shit.

spronk

FPS noob

fish speakers is a bad choice since the men are basically all just consorts, your just a dick with some skin attached. they only exist after God Emperor
fremen suck, you have to wash your ass with sand and the women look like men. fuck trying to ride a worm i'd be drunk and slip and die
sardukar suck, while listening to tibetian throat singing is pretty banging you get wiped out by the jihad
all of the houses suck, as a middie you are basically cannon fodder in wars and you get wiped out by jihad
bene geserit would suck, see fish speakers (breeding stock at best)
guild navigators would be fine if you aren't on any of the freak paths, but staring at a worm dude in a tank would probably fuck with you after a while. maybe they force you to watch tentacle hentai all the time

mentat school isn't too bad except god bans them. blademaster school might be fun. no way tlelaixu, their goals are to create female only societies. ixian would be ok, they sound like they were basically modeled on japan or china. I bet they had tons of anime and sex bots.

i'd personally pick choam, i think they are still sort of around at the time of God, you basically just sit around doing accounting and at night can go home to your hopefully hot wife and talk about whale fur options. once in a while you may get to ride a guild ship and visit other planets and party like its vegas for choam conventions.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
fish speakers is a bad choice since the men are basically all just consorts, your just a dick with some skin attached. they only exist after God Emperor
fremen suck, you have to wash your ass with sand and the women look like men. fuck trying to ride a worm i'd be drunk and slip and die
sardukar suck, while listening to tibetian throat singing is pretty banging you get wiped out by the jihad
all of the houses suck, as a middie you are basically cannon fodder in wars and you get wiped out by jihad
bene geserit would suck, see fish speakers (breeding stock at best)
guild navigators would be fine if you aren't on any of the freak paths, but staring at a worm dude in a tank would probably fuck with you after a while. maybe they force you to watch tentacle hentai all the time

mentat school isn't too bad except god bans them. blademaster school might be fun. no way tlelaixu, their goals are to create female only societies. ixian would be ok, they sound like they were basically modeled on japan or china. I bet they had tons of anime and sex bots.

i'd personally pick choam, i think they are still sort of around at the time of God, you basically just sit around doing accounting and at night can go home to your hopefully hot wife and talk about whale fur options. once in a while you may get to ride a guild ship and visit other planets and party like its vegas for choam conventions.
this was a great analysis and I cant disagree strongly with it.

but I do think you're underselling Bene Gesserit. The detailed descriptions of Bene Gesserit sex magic in the last two books makes it sound like a pretty tolerable option, considering the alternatives.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just saw it in one of the largest IMAXs in the country.

Great movie. Could do with less of Chani and the ending being rushed but it was great.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's something about Zendaya that is kind of hot and I'm not really a fan of the purple puss 99% of the time, nor do I have Jungle Fever. Zoe Saldana is another one that I find hot as fuck for some weird reason.
Zendaya looks alright when she's just being normal, and looks bad when she's trying to be hot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Rewatched 1 today, catching 2 this weekend.

Zendaya just has this smug, snarky, whatever…smirk look all the time which I can’t stand. When she’s not doing that she looks ok.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Just saw it in one of the largest IMAXs in the country.

Great movie. Could do with less of Chani and the ending being rushed but it was great.

Yeah, as a blasphemer who has never read the book or seen the original movie so I didn't know what was going to happen, I went into that last act either wanting it to end abruptly before all that action or for it to last another 90 minutes so it could have as much room to breathe and develop as the rest of the movie did. I'd love to see like a 4 or so hour cut of this movie.

I'm probably going to read/listen to Messiah though. And I already enjoy the first movie so much more now that I have context for so much foreshadowing, which seems like every single line of the first hour is foreshadowing something.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
Rewatched 1 today, catching 2 this weekend.

Zendaya just has this smug, snarky, whatever…smirk look all the time which I can’t stand. When she’s not doing that she looks ok.
Her whole acting schtick is that she’s just kind of a smug bitch in every movie. It’s annoying.

• 4Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Yeah, as a blasphemer who has never read the book or seen the original movie so I didn't know what was going to happen, I went into that last act either wanting it to end abruptly before all that action or for it to last another 90 minutes so it could have as much room to breathe and develop as the rest of the movie did. I'd love to see like a 4 or so hour cut of this movie.

I'm probably going to read/listen to Messiah though. And I already enjoy the first movie so much more now that I have context for so much foreshadowing, which seems like every single line of the first hour is foreshadowing something.

It really would be better told via series from HBO kind of like Game of Thrones.. however HBO is known to have amazing series over the years and when they start making mad fucking money they fuck them up badly and leave them hanging.

Kind of like Deadwood.

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
It really would be better told via series from HBO kind of like Game of Thrones.. however HBO is known to have amazing series over the years and when they start making mad fucking money they fuck them up badly and leave them hanging.

Kind of like Deadwood.
Or get lazy... Like GOT.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Its hilarious how all the leftists are criticizing this as "colonizer fiction". (e.g. CNN)

Complaining about colonizers. On an alien planet. The ones who get there first are magically the good guys and the ones who get there second are automatically the bad guys.

The funniest part is how thinking about their complaints for even a second highlights how stupid the colonizer complaints are in real life. Because its exactly the same -- the second to last to arrive are heros, and the last to arrive are villains.

Its just more obviously stupid when its an alien planet and neither one has any claim to being "native".