Dune: Part Two (2023)

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
I thought the worm uber was a bit dim.

Also the twink paul and ugly chani really grate on me. Especially when they are mowing through space marines aka sardukar left right and center. Story is okay, cinematography is excellent, main actors are rubbish.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ugh I need to read the books again. Doesn't chani become a side bitch in a way

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ugh I need to read the books again. Doesn't chani become a side bitch in a way
Iirc she understood why Paul had to marry the daughter of the Emperor. She wasn't particular happy about it, but she was a true believer from the get go. I didn't like the bitchy remarks about Stilgar all the time and making fun of their belief. Their fanaticism and the hardships they had to endure was, what made them so dangerous. They should have played it straight, like the books did.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
it's mostly pretty difficult to spot the wokeism. The only parts to me were Liet Kynes and the constant zooming in on Zendaya's angry/aggressive face.

Can you explain how shots of an "angry/aggressive" female face are "wokeism"?

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 users

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
Can you explain how shots of an "angry/aggressive" female face are "wokeism"?

Females are not physically strong and they are not intimidating. The opposite of this scene would be zooming in on a pouty faced alpha male.

If they zoomed in on a muscular/fierce looking man making that same face, the audience could envision the aggression and threat that he poses. Zendaya? That girl is 5'10'' 130lbs, what threat does she pose?

If you liked that scene then you're probably a fan of Brie Larson's involvement in Marvel and other disastrous woke attempts at making women appear strong. It's all so tiresome.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Females are not physically strong and they are not intimidating. The opposite of this scene would be zooming in on a pouty faced alpha male.

If they zoomed in on a muscular/fierce looking man making that same face, the audience could envision the aggression and threat that he poses. Zendaya? That girl is 5'10'' 130lbs, what threat does she pose?

If you liked that scene then you're probably a fan of Brie Larson's involvement in Marvel and other disastrous woke attempts at making women appear strong. It's all so tiresome.

1712255387482.png
1712255409299.png
1712255428668.png
1712255449998.png

How woke was Aliens?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider

I don't know if you're a woman or what your fascination is with strong females. Females are biologically created to be smaller as a result of evolution/nature. They literally have estrogen as a hormone and can't put on muscle like men can. I'm not even saying this to be insulting.

Putting them in fictional settings where they're strong doesn't change people's perception of them.

Behaving as a strong masculine woman in real life where the law is designed to protect you from violence may provide a false sense of confidence, but take the law away and these strong masculine women will turn feminine REALLY quick when they have to face the consequences for their behavior.

It's like casting a retarded person as a math professor, nobody's going to believe it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't know if you're a woman or what your fascination is with strong females. Females are biologically created to be smaller as a result of evolution/nature. They literally have estrogen as a hormone and can't put on muscle like men can.

Putting them in fictional settings where they're strong doesn't change people's perception of them.

It's like casting a retarded person as a math professor, nobody's going to believe it.

I'm not the one obsessing over female facial expressions whilst dodging the question.

By our logic, Aliens (1986) was woke because it cast an array of females in strong, military, action hero roles.

Was Aliens woke?

• 1Garbage
  • 1Like

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not the one obsessing over female facial expressions whilst dodging the question.

By our logic, Aliens (1986) was woke because it cast an array of females in strong, military, action hero roles.

Was Aliens woke?

You're not obsessing? You're the one who came into this thread crying about my post.

I don't know if I've ever seen Aliens because I know there were several iterations of that movie which is why I didn't answer your question. If it portrays women as being strong then yes, it is woke. Wokeism isn't a concept that was created within the past 10 years.

Literally:

Portraying women as strong is wokeism because it is a lie, just like portraying joggers as harmless oppressed people that are looting because they need bread. Wokeism is hand in hand with leftism because it distorts reality and attempts to destroy our ability for pattern recognition which harms people's ability to protect themselves. It is ridiculous.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
You're not obsessing? You're the one who came into this thread crying about my post.

People complaining everything is woke is a recurring theme on this forum. Whilst a lot of modern media is diversity focused and woke, a lot of the accusations of woke are nonsense. Like complaining The Wire is woke.

I'll add "angry facial expressions" to the list

• 2Worf
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

tugofpeace

Lord Nagafen Raider
People complaining everything is woke is a recurring theme on this forum. Whilst a lot of modern media is diversity focused and woke, a lot of the accusations of woke are nonsense. Like complaining The Wire is woke.

I'll add "angry facial expressions" to the list

Probably because wokeism is everywhere? Our country has been ideologically subverted for decades and social media has only accelerated that phenomenon. Leftists are a big part of media and modify franchises to inject their ideology into them which is why it's being noticed so much.

• 1Direct to DVD

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
It is always nice to see the new people interact with characters that we have gotten used to over the years.

You two are arguing with a degenerate autist. Good luck!

• 3Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It is always nice to see the new people interact with characters that we have gotten used to over the years.

You two are arguing with a degenerate autist. Good luck!

Au contraire, I was just thinking about how well he is going to fit in with takes like the above.

Pretty woke if you look at the writer/director for aliens and terminator.

What about Alien (dir Ridley Scott) when the female character was the only one to survive?

It was comical in those movies too, but that was before they were actually serious about women being able to beat up men and monsters. It came off as comedy, not idiocy.

Does it not make sense for a movie set in 2122 that advances in military tech such as the M56 smart gun wielded by Pvt First Class Vazquez allowed women to effectively serve in the United States Colonial Marine Corp? It was a heavy machine gun with automatic targeting capability mounted onto an m56 combat harness with an advanced infrared tracking system

• 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Bald Brah

Silver Squire
Au contraire, I was just thinking about how well he is going to fit in with takes like the above.

What about Alien (dir Ridley Scott) when the female character was the only one to survive?

Does it not make sense for a movie set in 2122 that advances in military tech such as the M56 smart gun wielded by Pvt First Class Vazquez allowed women to effectively serve in the United States Colonial Marine Corp? It was a heavy machine gun with automatic targeting capability mounted onto an m56 combat harness with an advanced infrared tracking system
Ridley Scott never made Ripley a badass. It wasn't a war movie. It was a gothic horror in space and she was the stereotypical last girl.

Cameron the huge pussy whipped simp is the one who added the 'tough' women he likes getting pegged by.

And no, Vasquez should have been in the mess hall peeling potatoes, not in front line combat, same as every female today.

• 3Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob

i think messiah and children of dune are pretty boring but man if it ever got to God Emperor of Dune lol

GKVYEDgWUAcFHpr.jpg

"MONEO! LISTEN TO ME MONEO! I'M HIGH AS FUUUUUUCK!!! LISTEN TO MY DREAMS MONEO!!"

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users