Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
It's pretty great, probably the best movie Mel Gibson has directed. It's the story of the first ever conscientious objector to win the medal of honor.

And after looking it up I guess Tom Holland actually was originally going to be the lead for 1917 but reshoots for something else made him have to back out.
I really enjoyed We Were Soldiers. A few of my friends and I in college went and saw it at the time, and we all enjoyed it. Pretty brutal film, but one of the better Vietnam War movies out there. Gibson is a pretty fantastic director, I think I've seen most of his movies other than obviously Hacksaw Ridge. I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks you, sir.

Also, was Tom Holland the Dunkirk movie? I know I've seen him in something whether it was WW1 or WW2, for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
We should have a thread about that moment when a campaign went sideways/jumps the shark and goes from semi-serious to totally absurd, because it pretty much happens every time.

Or have a stream of sessions on the Mr Sox show with him as DM. We can all laugh at the same time at shit that isn't funny like the big twitch stars.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really enjoyed We Were Soldiers. A few of my friends and I in college went and saw it at the time, and we all enjoyed it. Pretty brutal film, but one of the better Vietnam War movies out there. Gibson is a pretty fantastic director, I think I've seen most of his movies other than obviously Hacksaw Ridge. I'll definitely check it out.

Thanks you, sir.

Also, was Tom Holland the Dunkirk movie? I know I've seen him in something whether it was WW1 or WW2, for the life of me I can't remember what movie it was.
Cherry and Civil War{Captain America) Are the only two war based movies I could find with Tom Holland.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
No, it was the "one take" WWI movie about British soldiers. I could be mistaking the actor. I never saw a Hacksaw Ridge, but I know of it, is it any good?

Edit:looked it up. It was 1917 and it was a different actor as the protagonist, George Mackay. I don't know for some reason I was thinking of the new Spider-Man guy was in it. It was a neat movie but I guess it wasn't that memorable.

1917 was a great movie, if anyone here hasn't watched 100% worth a watch. Cinematographer was Roger Deakins (Sicaro, No Country For Old Men Blade Runner 2049, and MANY other absolute bangers) and much of the movie is filmed as if its 1 single take. Visually absolutely stunning, was one of the last movies out in theaters before pandemic shut down.

Probably not quite as good at home but in theaters on IMAX the middle scene where the main character is going through a fire bombed town is amazing

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
1917 was a great movie, if anyone here hasn't watched 100% worth a watch. Cinematographer was Roger Deakins (Sicaro, No Country For Old Men Blade Runner 2049, and MANY other absolute bangers) and much of the movie is filmed as if its 1 single take. Visually absolutely stunning, was one of the last movies out in theaters before pandemic shut down.

Probably not quite as good at home but in theaters on IMAX the middle scene where the main character is going through a fire bombed town is amazing

It was decent film. Guess you're right though I went and saw it right before the lockdowns, and I was the only person in the theater on IMAX screen. Visually it is stunning, and I guess it wasn't a bad movie I just don't remember much of it. For a theater experience I'll definitely give a two thumbs up, but it's not a film that I feel I need to ever rewatch, hence not remembering much about it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

What I really took away from that movie was how shitty of a situation those soldiers were in. I always felt like there was a sense of "being lost" in understanding what you were supposed to be doing. Leadership was everything. You get a mission and then get sent a certain direction. No real guidance and you just fumble along trying not to die. Definitely a world I would not want to be a part of but they probably did not want to be there either.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
295284153_10158684505611720_3977436880341777625_n.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 13 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Sorry but nothing will beat this. Don't care what you say

• 6Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
I feel like they already did this better, it was called "your highness", which was a masterpiece

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
I grew up playing D&D so the trailer has me excited. Even if the story sucks for whatever reason ("The Message", etc.), I'm still
excited to see all the cool monsters with today's technology.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It reminds me of a live action version of an actual D&D game and if that’s the case sign me up.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd rather watch a documentary about the history of D&D. Maybe throw in some Gamma World history too.

• 2Like

Singular7

Molten Core Raider
You guys are too grumpy. Looks fun.

Warcraft movie was good too, for what it was, and some parts were truly great.

• 2Like