Dungeons & Dragons (2022)

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The trailer didn't do anything to make me hate it. This could definitely have potential if they ride the line of just enough goofy moments and serious moments. I'm with harshaw in that I sometimes like my stupid popcorn flicks.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
It's cool that they're actually putting in iconic D&D monsters like owlbears, mimics and displacer beasts and not just generic shit, and that the monster effects look pretty decent.

Other than that, it's probably poop, and what isn't poop is just a ripoff of Critical Role.
I almost overlooked that they were jumping into a gelatinous cube to avoid the displacer beast.

1658455862876.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, the trailer is actually really cool, you pick up a ton of very uniquely D&D stuff the more you watch it.

This might actually be good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The trailer didn't do anything to make me hate it.
i hate that this is the current litmus test we're working with, and yeah you're right. i didn't really hate anything about it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

This could be fun, but probably awful.

the people who get excited about this are the same who get excited about current woke marvel garbage 00567 trailer then come here and be like ”it wasnt actually that good who would have thought?”

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This looks like a current MCU movie with a DnD skin.

This felt like Guardians of the Galaxy - A DnD module. That being said the CG looks pretty good. Looks like one of those movies where you just don't take too seriously but may still be fun.

• 2Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
This felt like Guardians of the Galaxy - A DnD module. That being said the CG looks pretty good. Looks like one of those movies where you just don't take too seriously but may still be fun.
Looks like your typical D&D night with friends. Most campaigns I've ever played are never more than half serious, and even the more serious ones have their moments every session that devolves into some sort of ridiculous hilarity.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Looks like your typical D&D night with friends. Most campaigns I've ever played are never more than half serious, and even the more serious ones have their moments every session that devolves into some sort of ridiculous hilarity.
We should have a thread about that moment when a campaign went sideways/jumps the shark and goes from semi-serious to totally absurd, because it pretty much happens every time.

• 3Like

spronk

FPS noob
3. Best part of the trailer! Was that Hugh Grant???
4. Never saw it. Good flick?

Definitely would go to the movies for this, for one reason only...I want them to keep making fantasy flicks like this. But....ya. Really wouldn't see this at theatres otherwise.

yeah Hugh Grant apparently really liked the script too, he was fantastic in Paddington 2 but I dunno if he is good at picking parts or not.

Game Night was really funny, one of those under the radar comedies nobody talks about much but worth a watch

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Warpath

Golden Baronet of the Realm
meh.... might stream it one night if i'm bored, just for the spectacle.

i'm betting the story/dialogue will be cringe

• 1Like

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
The cg looked good. And it had a lot of those moments that felt like omg my party had done that. And the best part no moronic Wayne's brother.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
yeah Hugh Grant apparently really liked the script too, he was fantastic in Paddington 2 but I dunno if he is good at picking parts or not.

Game Night was really funny, one of those under the radar comedies nobody talks about much but worth a watch

I think that was one of the last movies my wife and I actually saw together in the theater for a date night. It was actually pretty funny and we both enjoyed it. Can't remember the last time I actually went to a movie theater other then that. Maybe the WWI movie with the spiderman kid for a matinee.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm not exactly enthused about this, but it could have been a lot worse. Lots of cool references for us nerds at least. I will have to overcome my burning hatred of Michelle Rodriguez I suppose.

I do think we should make note of the fact that a red-headed white girl is actually in the movie though!

• 3Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
If they don't have an extra ending scene in this where Chris Pine finally realizes he's stuck in a weird alternate dimension after the Enterprise went through a wormhole and gets beamed back up to the ship then they are fucking cowards.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
If you mean Andrew Garfield, Hacksaw Ridge was WWII.
No, it was the "one take" WWI movie about British soldiers. I could be mistaking the actor. I never saw a Hacksaw Ridge, but I know of it, is it any good?

Edit:looked it up. It was 1917 and it was a different actor as the protagonist, George Mackay. I don't know for some reason I was thinking of the new Spider-Man guy was in it. It was a neat movie but I guess it wasn't that memorable.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No, it was the "one take" WWI movie about British soldiers. I could be mistaking the actor. I never saw a Hacksaw Ridge, but I know of it, is it any good?

Edit:looked it up. It was 1917 and it was a different actor as the protagonist, George Mackay. I don't know for some reason I was thinking of the new Spider-Man guy was in it. It was a neat movie but I guess it wasn't that memorable.
It's pretty great, probably the best movie Mel Gibson has directed. It's the story of the first ever conscientious objector to win the medal of honor.

And after looking it up I guess Tom Holland actually was originally going to be the lead for 1917 but reshoots for something else made him have to back out.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like