Dying Light 2

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I do find it ironic that you, captain negativity, Day 1 purchased this game and it turned out to be a mess.

After I went to single player mode the bugs went away. I’ll try turning on multiplayer when gator gets on at some point. I’m having a blast now. Parkour stuff is over the top awesome and I love going to dark places during the day and sneaking around like Will Smith in I am legend. It’s cool how they copied that imo. The challenges are fun - I don’t mind the story so far nothing great but not as bad as people are making it out to be. Runs great and looks great on PS5. Going into GRE buildings is epic. Meh I think aside from this online bug I’m running into it’s a blast. I like it better than dying light 1 if simply for the fact I can take out a ton of zombies without losing my weapon and I can also find med ingredients faster.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
If you equip 4 weapons with a flame in secondary slot, you can alternate the 4 casts during combat (they don't share cooldowns at all), effectively ending most battles in 4 casts.

I logged in at 00.24 to share this with you. Back to the console I go, this will get patched.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
After 5 hours today, I had a much more positive experience. Still not a fan of the 5 minute timer thing, especially out in the open at night ( I can see it in specialized dangerous instances with chemicals, but not everywhere, come on )

Runs a lot smoother now, they increased the upscale performance. I love how it looks at night now on the PC; do the console scrubs have raytracing ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
When you want to play this but haven't been able to get a PS5 because the World is a fucking awful place;

temp.jpg

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
After 5 hours today, I had a much more positive experience. Still not a fan of the 5 minute timer thing, especially out in the open at night ( I can see it in specialized dangerous instances with chemicals, but not everywhere, come on )

Runs a lot smoother now, they increased the upscale performance. I love how it looks at night now on the PC; do the console scrubs have raytracing ?
Yeah we have three modes. But resolution or quality (which includes ray tracing) dives it down to 30 fps. So performance mode for me but still looks great.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I will start in quality mode and probably end up switching between quality and performance. I did the same thing in Control. I love smoothness of performance but ray tracing really adds an new experience to the game. If it's as noticable as it is in Control I'll probably keep it but if not I'll finish in performance.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I will start in quality mode and probably end up switching between quality and performance. I did the same thing in Control. I love smoothness of performance but ray tracing really adds an new experience to the game. If it's as noticable as it is in Control I'll probably keep it but if not I'll finish in performance.
RT at 1080p and only for shadows/SSAO is barely noticeable at all. Definitely go with performance imo.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
**WHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR**

Game is a cluttered mess, but I don't hate it.

**WHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR**

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm 15h in or so. There's a lot of game here.

They're planning 2 big DLCs as well they announced.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Ok, finally had a day where I could play and probably sunk a good 8-10 hours into it today on the PS5. First off, performance mode all the way. I didn't even last one minute in the starting area on quality mode. 30fps is just too jarring for this type of game. I've been really enjoying the game so far. Progression feels kind of slow but I've been following the main quest and doing any other quest that I run into. I went into this with lower expectations than most and I think it's fine. Feels like more DL1 to me.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Progression is slow. I don't want to spoil anything-- but you need to get nearly 20 hours in to start the real game if you are doing completionist/side questing. The "real game" is gated behind a bunch of progression. Act 2 is what I'd consider the real game.

It's not perfect, and maybe it's a mediocre DL1 successor. But there is a fuckton of game to be played here.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I have now broken the R2 button on 2 of my PS5 controllers. Frantically smashing it while its giving feedback seems to do that. Now when I keep the R2 button down while its protesting, it goes RRRRRR. At least BRRRRR would have been funny.

On top of that the touchpad button on both my controllers stopped functioning. I had to reset them (paperclip to hole in back), took a while to figure that out.

Also a ton of bugs, this one turned Aitor into a door as he was being evacuated;

aiden door.gif

This bitch used a floating knife to threaten me, quite impressive:

1644327034541.png

I'm probably 30-40 hours in so I've seen a lot of similar shit.

Controllers breaking is a real downer though.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
New patch should be here soon - 1.05.

jayrebb jayrebb I think I just made it to that part last night - that was an epic chase!

Where Waltz turns and you need to run away and end up in the new area? Also got the glider. That is where I had to go to bed - but I also turned a bit into this powerful thing against renegades and I was cheering with my controller yelling "HOLY SHIT!" as the screen tinted and I turned into some kind of beast lol

But I THINK that is the part you are talking about - but wanted to confirm.

Patch notes:

• Addressed various situations when players could be disconnected in co-op
  • Addressed issues with connection stability
  • Fixed various game crashing bugs
  • Fixed an issue with players that couldn’t sell valuables to vendor
  • Addressed a bug with music streamer mode causing one song not being muted
  • Addressed a bug with AI being immortal in some rare situations while playing in co-op
  • Fixed various issues with stealth gameplay in co-op
  • Fixed various issues when AI could be blocked in geometry
  • Addressed various AI visual adjustments
  • Addressed various balance improvements
  • Fixed rare issues when peers in co-op mode are unable to see the dialog choices
  • Added various performance optimizations
  • Addressed fast travel limitation after the game is complete.
  • Fixed issues where various situations that could cause infinite black screens
  • Fixed various game crashing bugs.
  • Added various AI improvements.
  • Fixed missing textures related issues.
  • Addressed audio issues.
  • Fixed a bug where the game fail to load on systems.
  • Addressed disconnecting co-op sessions after a certain amount of time.
  • Added performance improvements for DLSS and Ray Tracing.
  • Addressed network connection issues.
  • [Hotfix Released on PC] Addressed co-op mode disconnection issues.
  • Fixed problems with redeeming awards, codes, and other in-game content, including Twitch Drops.
  • Other minor bug fixes.
Xbox Series X/S

• Added 60+FPS VRR mode on Xbox Series X
PS4/PS5

• Addressed occasional screen flickering on PS5
PC

• DLSS improvements added.
  • Addressed AI dead body replication in CO-OP.
Everything aside, game is fucking awesome. Wanted to go to bed and reached a part where I just couldn't put it down and ended up going to bed way too late :( Coop would be good for GRE raids and such, and farming trophies for crafting upgrades and such.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
New patch should be here soon - 1.05.

jayrebb jayrebb I think I just made it to that part last night - that was an epic chase!

Where Waltz turns and you need to run away and end up in the new area? Also got the glider. That is where I had to go to bed - but I also turned a bit into this powerful thing against renegades and I was cheering with my controller yelling "HOLY SHIT!" as the screen tinted and I turned into some kind of beast lol

But I THINK that is the part you are talking about - but wanted to confirm.

Patch notes:

Everything aside, game is fucking awesome. Wanted to go to bed and reached a part where I just couldn't put it down and ended up going to bed way too late :( Coop would be good for GRE raids and such, and farming trophies for crafting upgrades and such.

Who hacked his account?

• 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Starting to get rather pissed off at this game. It's one thing for shit to be broken at release, but another entirely to release two patches for PC and still nothing at all for consoles. Console certification isn't an excuse either, both MS and Sony expedite that shit when it's a big new release, so unless they've failed cert (multiple times at this point) there's no good reason for it.

DL2 is such a step backwards in every way that I went back to play Dying Light because I never actually finished the Following. Feels like the shift from Division 1 to Division 2 all over again.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Starting to get rather pissed off at this game. It's one thing for shit to be broken at release, but another entirely to release two patches for PC and still nothing at all for consoles. Console certification isn't an excuse either, both MS and Sony expedite that shit when it's a big new release, so unless they've failed cert (multiple times at this point) there's no good reason for it.

DL2 is such a step backwards in every way that I went back to play Dying Light because I never actually finished the Following. Feels like the shift from Division 1 to Division 2 all over again.

I am not running into any issues aside from coop and online connectivity on PS5 (Which was affecting the single player game so I was pissed at that at first until I found out how to fix it by just turning off coop and playing single player in the online menu option. With that said, I only JUST made it to Central. Maybe later game starts kicking my PS5 around town.

Hoping that gets fixed soon because it is annoying when wanting to run to some areas with a bud and play through and gather stuff/upgrade. Sounds like Xbox however has a lot of screeching audio shit, poor connectivity, etc. Mostly on Series S and vanilla Xbox. Series X doesn't seem to be impacted as much.

What sort of issues are you running into Vorph? Agreed on the patches. They should be rapid at this point.

Vorph

There are broken quests that can softlock your game so that you can't progress anymore. I'd rather avoid the problem by not playing the game instead of potentially hitting one of the roadblocks and having to hope that the patch will fix existing saves. Worst issue I had myself was a sidequest that just disappeared from my log and doesn't seem to be completable now, so I'm not taking any more chances. There's also the out-of-bounds bug where you accidentally leave a mission area and it kills you before you move back and then you get stuck in an endless loop dying to it over and over. Definitely don't want to run into that either, and I've died a few times to leaving mission areas due to the ridiculously short timer.

I'm also pretty irritated about the broken items in stash/extras, like not being able to claim the weapons again when the timer runs out like you're supposed to (been told this was fixed in the first PC patch, so that's how it's supposed to work). Still haven't received Twitch or TechlandGG items either.

Sadly I'm not sure anything in the first paragraph is actually fixed in 1.05, based on this graphic:
FK8141uXEAQUzeO.jpg

Lucky you.
I thought everybody loved The Following? I liked what I played of it, the outdoor area and the buggy were a nice change to the usual DL gameplay. Plus it's even better now that I switched over to playing it on Series X (every other console including PS5 is still 30 fps), though the downside is that I have to play through the whole main game again too.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Finished the game, no new game +.

Fun while it lasted.

• 1Like