Dying Light 2

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
How is the durability on weapons? Are we talking Breath of the wind kind of fucked up crap, or is it at least 5-6 hours of use per item?

The start of the game stuff has 40 durability.

If you go all out melee, I don't think you can kill 20 zombies with it. How long that lasts depend on playstyle.

Weapons are pretty common though, it just means you never get attached to them since most of them last less long then the average delivery pizza.

Atm I'm carrying like 15 1h weapons, I don't even care about the order they get used in. All the same generic shit anyway.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
What is your opinion on the night timers? I keep thinking maybe I'm too old for bullshiat mechanics in these games (this, the 'captured 12 times' in FC5 ,etc), but then I remember that I'll level up to cap in EQ TLEs and WoW classic 50 times, so I'm pretty tolerant lol.

I may re-buy the cheaper edition this time and give it a go, but I still crashed every time at the skill screen no matter my settings, even turned down the GPU (3080).

That said, it looked amazing with most of the ray tracing stuff on. I love how dark/shadowed everything was, the atmosphere is great.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What is your opinion on the night timers? I keep thinking maybe I'm too old for bullshiat mechanics in these games (this, the 'captured 12 times' in FC5 ,etc), but then I remember that I'll level up to cap in EQ TLEs and WoW classic 50 times, so I'm pretty tolerant lol.

I may re-buy the cheaper edition this time and give it a go, but I still crashed every time at the skill screen no matter my settings, even turned down the GPU (3080).

That said, it looked amazing with most of the ray tracing stuff on. I love how dark/shadowed everything was, the atmosphere is great.
Sounds like peak game design for the last decade of AAA. Spend all the time and money making it look pretty while neglecting making it fun or compelling.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
What is your opinion on the night timers?

I'm very anti-time limit in games. There are games I haven't bought because of it. I'll be getting this eventually.

Adding to the 'infection(night) timer' is relatively easy, even early on, and the timer increases as you level/progress. I agree that its kind of silly because eventually it barely becomes a thing you pay attention to.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enjoyed the first one. I was hoping to be playing this all weekend but everything you guys are writing sounds like all the shit I hate.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The first night mission was all out insanity; it was one of the more satisfying things to complete in my gaming career.
Right behind peeing on everyone in Postal 2 of course.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hard to say, now that I have way more base stamina and sprint the game feels good. I am 10.5 hours in according to steam and have done zero side missions.

I just hate games these days that take 10 fucking hours to start to feel fun. I'm an old goddamn man, I don't have 10 fucking hours to waste before it doesn't fucking suck to play.

• 1Solidarity

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Taken from reddit -

So if you're reading this and thinking "I should use my 210/210 durability before applying my mods, thus gimping myself for a bit to extend the durability" then yes you're right. Not terrible. Not great. From what I've seen, 10ish hours in you get plenty of cool items you won't want to get stuck using one weapon for very long.
Ah, well I see there is a trainer out that can give infinite durability so might get this.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I just hate games these days that take 10 fucking hours to start to feel fun. I'm an old goddamn man, I don't have 10 fucking hours to waste before it doesn't fucking suck to play.
Grandpa Simpson Boomer GIF by moodman

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok this game is buggier than fuck all. I have had to restart every 15 minutes because quest shit doesn’t work. I’m now going to try turning off online completely and see if that helps. Went up to a windmill and couldn’t activate it and thought I was doing something wrong. Nope. The fucking button didn’t show up and I went to YouTube for one side quest and windmill activation to make sure I wasn’t losing my fucking mind. Come on. Love the game if it fucking worked.

So far at least I was able to activate that. Will see how long this lasts now that I’m in single player mode which sucks because I bought the thing for coop as well. And answering calls for help which is fun if both those fucking worked. Day one patch my ass. Get on it techland.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also pro tip that can save you frustration. If you scout a windmill and it’s red, you can’t activate it due to low stamina or abilities. If it’s white, you are good to go.

• 1Like

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
This seems like a profoundly terrible design decision, gating any of the climbing shit behind stamina.
Totally agree. The only thing I can think of is they pop some side quests and maybe that is how they are level gating those. It is a mystery.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Totally agree. The only thing I can think of is they pop some side quests and maybe that is how they are level gating those. It is a mystery.
I do find it ironic that you, captain negativity, Day 1 purchased this game and it turned out to be a mess.

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
New patch hit, I finally no longer crash on the skill tree page, and it seems to stick closer to 55-60fps with most ray tracing on @ 4k. Looks amazing. I'll just avoid the night stuff until I build my timer up a lot lol

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
This seems like a profoundly terrible design decision, gating any of the climbing shit behind stamina.
Stamina and infectometer are trash ideas. Funny part of stamina...things being red that you can't climb, white if you can. What the fuck is the point of stamina then?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The start of the game stuff has 40 durability.

If you go all out melee, I don't think you can kill 20 zombies with it. How long that lasts depend on playstyle.

Weapons are pretty common though, it just means you never get attached to them since most of them last less long then the average delivery pizza.

Atm I'm carrying like 15 1h weapons, I don't even care about the order they get used in. All the same generic shit anyway.
Durability is based on rarity and doesn't change as you rank up. From common trash weapons up to artifact tier it goes: 40, 112, 138, 174, 210. Artifact weapons can take all 3 mod types, so if you mod them after the weapon takes damage it's effectively 360 durability.

The problem I am not seeing an answer to yet is -- where do you get more artifacts as time goes by? Ones randomly placed in the world don't respawn unless it takes like a week or something, you can't craft anything like you could in Dying Light 1, and that just leaves vendors which are pretty expensive compared to how much stuff you loot. It's not too bad if you only buy one weapon very rarely, but if that was your entire weapon supply it would be a bitch I think.

To that end, I decided to go full PK support and will use the xbow as much as I can. Ranged weapons have no durability, you just have to craft the arrows/bolts (and some of the elemental ones are really powerful).

Stamina and infectometer are trash ideas. Funny part of stamina...things being red that you can't climb, white if you can. What the fuck is the point of stamina then?
There's a stamina limit on some windmills because you need to hang onto moving platforms for so long that if you don't have upgraded stamina it's impossible to complete. The 160's didn't really bother me, but I do think it's kind of dumb that some of them require 300.

Infection meter is not really an issue at all except when you go into the areas with yellow gas. Probably would have been better if the meter just didn't exist outside of the gas areas though, I'll give you that.

• 1Like