Dying Light

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Story-wise the game is completely predictable and very heavy handed in its delivery. And why is it that these developers think it's a-okay to toss established gameplay on its head for the final missions in games.

As far as the mechanics and gameplay they've done everything better than Dead Island. Now they need to find better writers.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Definitely major spoilers for anyone who hasn't played. Hilariously spot on with my group of friends feelings on the game. Great gameplay, awful story, overall nothing new to the genre but worth it if you utilize coop.

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I'm sure this has been asked, and I'm sure I can expect the usual 2 camps' responses...

but PC or PS4?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I like playing it on my sofa on the big screen but most games fall under the category for me these days.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me, if I'm playing solo, I'd rather be on my lazy boy infront of my tv. If I"m doing any type of co-op (Sometimes still okay on the big screen, depending on the games), competitive or multiplayer, then PC all the way. So, if I was going to play Dying Light by myself and just solo run around, doing single player, killing zombies, then ps4! If I even thought I'd do multiplayer, play with a friend/brother or if it had a competitive aspect to it (tower wars, dying light edition!) then I'd go PC.

spronk

FPS noob
both versions are good so whichever you really prefer. PC is visually superior for draw distance and AA, but this game is really nice with a controller and a dark room + TV. Once you are done with the game you are done and unlikely to ever run it again, so playing it on a console and trading it in is kinda nice too.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I picked this up and it really scratched my itch for an open worlder. I am actually level 12 across the board and only about 12% into the story line! I have had an absolute blast just going around killing things, searching for loot, and picking up airdrops day or night. I have really just now noticed the difficulty of zombies in the day starting to change. Am I screwing myself for the rest of the storyline or is it sort of a "they level as you level" thing?

supertouch_sl

shitlord
I picked this up and it really scratched my itch for an open worlder. I am actually level 12 across the board and only about 12% into the story line! I have had an absolute blast just going around killing things, searching for loot, and picking up airdrops day or night. I have really just now noticed the difficulty of zombies in the day starting to change. Am I screwing myself for the rest of the storyline or is it sort of a "they level as you level" thing?
I didn't notice any difficulty scaling. New zombie types were introduced as the story advanced and weapons improved with each level.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I didn't notice any difficulty scaling. New zombie types were introduced as the story advanced and weapons improved with each level.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I noticed that there were less normal zombies and more of the faster/tougher/unique ones as my level has increased. In fact, right now the daytime is about a 50/50 split betweeen the normal pale zombies and the darker faster zombies. Also, it takes far less noise to attract the fast climbers.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I get most of my PC games these days off G2A.com. Prices are always in flux a bit, you can pick it up right now for $40
Got it for like 36, thanks!!

So far it's the perfect mix of exploration, story and character advancement. Dropkicking zombies off stuff never gets old. I was nervous during a random side quest, as it had me on the super crowded bridge a few minutes before dark. I ended up plunging into the water while enjoying the sunset during the swim back lol.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I fucking love the night mechanic in this game. It makes you really feel powerless at times.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Anyone still playing this or have it? I was screwing around with it last night and didn't know if anyone still played. Coop on PS4. Could be a good drunken game night game.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone still playing this or have it? I was screwing around with it last night and didn't know if anyone still played. Coop on PS4. Could be a good drunken game night game.
Own it but not played it yet (PS4) - but I should at some point being that I've literally done nothing with it. I hate doing mic shit though - not much of a talker.