Dying Light

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
After really enjoying Shadows of Mordor, I'm really tempted to pre-order this tonight, so I can get it for $38 from Best Buy.... should probably just wait for reviews though.

A parkour game with zombies, sounds legit.

spronk

FPS noob
gamestop $19.99 season pass for ps4 is giving you the entire digital game instead, and people who pre-ordered the digital game from GS are getting the season pass instead.
Download Dying Light Season Pass - Digital Download for PlayStation 4 | GameStop

this is at 10pm on monday night PST, if its tuesday morning it'll probably get fixed so don't order if you are reading this after a few hours

downloading now, 6gb game + 2gb update

edit: 11pm looks like they have run out of keys

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Still in stock and not fixed, just bought it and entered code. DL'ing full game now.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
tried it this morning while it was still going on, got in before they took it down, but still waiting for code... i think i'm out 20 bucks
frown.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So hows the game? Any good? Is it like Dead Island? My kid wants this today so I figured one of you had to be laying this.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So hows the game? Any good? Is it like Dead Island? My kid wants this today so I figured one of you had to be laying this.
Everyone is waiting for real reviews to come out since the company publically stated no review embargo, but then they didn't give any codes to the sites to review until last night. (Ha)

Reviews I have read so far (SA and some other game sites) say it is exactly like Dead Island so if you liked Dead Island, you would like this. If you were hoping for more, you won't.

If it is exactly like dead island, I'll pick it up on sale at some point in the summer.

Edit: Also, the day night cycle they were touting is tied as a script to missions, which is pretty bad in my opinion. People are saying the story is laughably weak, but so bad it almost makes it comical to the point where it's almost a plus. PC users need to turn off V-Sync or they will get tremendous frame drop during cut scenes. People are already bored tto shit after a couple hours, but those same people are saying the co-op is saving it a bit for them. Most of these people got it for 20 bucks, and a lot said they wouldn't pay 60.

That said it is such sweet poetic justice that their Season Pass gave out the full game for 19 bucks. Absolutely fantastic.

Narth

<Donor>
Everyone is waiting for real reviews to come out since the company publically stated no review embargo, but then they didn't give any codes to the sites to review until last night. (Ha)

Reviews I have read so far (SA and some other game sites) say it is exactly like Dead Island so if you liked Dead Island, you would like this. If you were hoping for more, you won't.

If it is exactly like dead island, I'll pick it up on sale at some point in the summer.

Edit: Also, the day night cycle they were touting is tied as a script to missions, which is pretty bad in my opinion. People are saying the story is laughably weak, but so bad it almost makes it comical to the point where it's almost a plus. PC users need to turn off V-Sync or they will get tremendous frame drop during cut scenes. People are already bored tto shit after a couple hours, but those same people are saying the co-op is saving it a bit for them. Most of these people got it for 20 bucks, and a lot said they wouldn't pay 60.

That said it is such sweet poetic justice that their Season Pass gave out the full game for 19 bucks. Absolutely fantastic.
Day and night cycle is dynamic. It's just that most of those idiots that write such bullshit never finished the prologue.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So if its anything remotely like Dead Island my kids will love it. They spent hundreds of hours fucking around the multiplayer in those games.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I managed to cancel the season pass since i know they are trying to fix it, got a hold of customer support and they said all dying light season pass orders are on hold due to an internal issue. CC will be charged once resolved.... they let me cancel.

Narth

<Donor>
I'am 7h into the game and it's less acradish than DI. Combat is an option because you can escape most of the times thanks to awesome climbing (there are some minor glitches but nothing butthurting) and co-op with hunter invasion is just pure fun. Story ain't bad but somewhat naive, some voice actors should be shoot on sight.
There were some performance issues but i just lowered the viewing distance and it runs ok now.

EDIT: It was kinda hard to switch to their control scheme but after a few hours it seems fine.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So if its anything remotely like Dead Island my kids will love it. They spent hundreds of hours fucking around the multiplayer in those games.
So yeah I would probably get it for them then. Get the PS4 version because if I end up picking it up we can coop
smile.png
I am still waiting for more word of mouth here though.

Lenwen

Silver Squire
The weapon dupe bug from Dead Island is back, and done the same exact way. That, and the ability to get a very very powerful weapon within the first 30 minutes of the game, makes for very easy combat. Other than that though, the game is pretty fun; I find myself enjoying this more than Dead Island.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So good! Do you like Dead Island, do you like skill trees, do you love Parkour? You will like this game, night time is scary yo.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Who is playing this on PS4? Mkopec/Regime did you guys get it?

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
They need to rewamp the weapon system in this game. Shit breaks even faster then I remember they did in Dead Island.

PS4 version;

Clunky and illogical control scheme, but you get used to it.
Decent looking world but all small things like flames, blood and so on looks like its 5-10 fps.
Co-Op is hillarious, 4 bearded clones running around (I hope there is a customizing option for your character I have missed).
Crafting is ok besides weapons who are simply not worth it due to breaking in what feels like minutes.

Decent game, wait for a sale to get it tho, definatly not worth full price by any strech of the imagination. $20 or so would be ok.

Edit; I must have missed where this "open world" is, how do I get that started? Do I need to force myself through this campaign or...?
Edit 2; Seems most weapons you find or craft early on actually breaks before you can kill a single zombie with them....

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Who is playing this on PS4? Mkopec/Regime did you guys get it?
Yeah I got it, both my kids got it, I have one copy for xbone and one for ps4. It was their money so whatever. But no, im not playing any games right now, im on a netflix binger for the past few weeks.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Highlights

- View distance causes biggest hit in framerate with little value given. Only popins that you notice are trees/foliage. No zombies seem to pop up unexpectedly, so currently recommend turning it down.

- Full FOV slider will cause some FPS drops.

- The large fps difference from one area to another will cause tearing without a g-synch monitor. He does not mention it in the video, but V-synch on will also have a reduction in fps.

- Shadow map quality + foliage on high is a drop of 10-20 frames in close proximity to trees during the day.

- SLI currently not working properly (even after the patch).

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any idea on the approximate amount of hours you can get out of this game? Was thinking about getting it on PS4 to play with friends.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So I said screw the reviews and bought it with a gift card from Christmas. I'm having a lot of fun so far within the first hour. Granted it's only the first hour. The controls take a minute to get used too. Jumping with r1 is weird but it only took about 5 minutes to get used to it. I'm not very deep in but I am already running around setting traps and scavenging random loot everywhere. My weapons are lasting a while. I can kill usually ten or so zombies until I need to replace it. But I have four wrenches in standby.

I'm curious how the coop will play out. I have a sony gold headset but lost my mic that came with the system and want to listen to my game in 5.1 home theater sound. So may have to pick up a cheap mic. I'll post more later but so far it's oretty damn fun. I'm also usually into story and in this game I'm not caring much. mostly I'm into the survival aspects.