Dying Light

Budos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Latched on with some goons tonight and it was so much hilarious awesome. We played three games of night invasion. That was a lot more fun than I thought it would be. I leveled up quite a few skills. Jumping off a tower hoping to reach a garbage bin, launching jumping side kicks into zombies. Glad I boigght this. Play coop and with buddies holy shit so awesome

Budos I sent you an invite before I joined the other posse. You just have been going through the tutorial.
That tutorial took forever. I'll be on this afternoon if you want to smash it up. I'm only at the night part here you have to run back after the crate drops and like 4 levels into each tree.

Co-op with randoms can be a little frustrating since you can't pick up/update quests unless everyone is at the npc/update marker. Other than that it's super fun.

Compared to Dead Island 1, the kick seems a little less powerful. The drop kick is hilarious though.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
That tutorial took forever. I'll be on this afternoon if you want to smash it up. I'm only at the night part here you have to run back after the crate drops and like 4 levels into each tree.

Co-op with randoms can be a little frustrating since you can't pick up/update quests unless everyone is at the npc/update marker. Other than that it's super fun.

Compared to Dead Island 1, the kick seems a little less powerful. The drop kick is hilarious though.
Cool. I'll try to get on but tonight will probably be a no game night - tomorrow morning and afternoon I'll have a lot of time. Saturday night is a no go, but if you want I can point you in the direction of a very fun group you would have a blast with. And Sunday before the game.

spronk

FPS noob
if you got in on the $20 ps4 gamestop glitch your PS4 got messaged today morning a free dying light season pass redemption. it didn't come via email, just a notification on my PS4. so game+SP for $20 not bad

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I had trouble falling asleep last night. Fucking zombie shit kept popping in my head. Like, just out of nowhere my brain went into panic mode, but I realized there were no zombies and instantly calmed down over and over like 5 times before I fell asleep.

Budos

Cool. I'll try to get on but tonight will probably be a no game night - tomorrow morning and afternoon I'll have a lot of time. Saturday night is a no go, but if you want I can point you in the direction of a very fun group you would have a blast with. And Sunday before the game.
Right on, I'll be playing with a buddy during the day today. Just hit me up when you hop on. How fast are the level gains further in?

I had trouble falling asleep last night. Fucking zombie shit kept popping in my head. Like, just out of nowhere my brain went into panic mode, but I realized there were no zombies and instantly calmed down over and over like 5 times before I fell asleep.
This. The runner zombies are a little nuts, especially the night time ones.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
I'm not that far in but the game is pretty decent so far. My biggest beef is their button mapping which is retarded. The boss guy poorly played as well.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
fags

just add polish to popular mods and integrate their features into the game. it's crowdsourcing your development man. mods made WoW so much better. its not like you have to pay them any royalties for experimenting and finding ideas that are popular.

spronk

FPS noob
if you preordered ps4/xbone version from amazon/BB/GS you can sell your pre-order codes on ebay for $20-25, i just sold mine last night for $25. its two fucking stupid ass costumes for your character, no idea why some retard would buy it but i'll take it. After trading in my physical copy to best buy this game ended up making me $20 to play it, can't beat that

this is for consoles, i doubt the PC version would get that kind of action since you can just probably edit some files to flip on all the DLCs

a lot of these times in these DMCA cases its overzealous lawyers going after anything in their clients IP, and not understanding the difference between piracy and mods. Or it could totally be the dev not wanting to cramp DLC $$, who knows

Budos

If anyone is having crashing issues on PS4, make sure you've downloaded the Be A Zombie DLC, and it should fix it.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
For anyone who is further into the game, how large is it?

I haven't played for long, just on the mission to get to the first air drop, but I took the time to run around the map and unlock all the safe zones. Is that the full size of the world? Seems much smaller than Dead Island if so.

Or is most of the world still locked out, or in mission/instance form?

Enjoying it, however playing with a controller on the PC you can add +1 to the "RB to jump.... really?" Trying to get used to it, but thinking of swapping it with DS4windows as that program lets me set individual buttons no matter if the game doesn't (like forcing a left stick invert on final fantasy 12)

To any game developers here, is it really that much harder to code for individual button configurations on a controller compared to a keyboard? Can't remember ever having seen it. Usually just a few profile setups at best.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
For anyone who is further into the game, how large is it?

I haven't played for long, just on the mission to get to the first air drop, but I took the time to run around the map and unlock all the safe zones. Is that the full size of the world? Seems much smaller than Dead Island if so.

Or is most of the world still locked out, or in mission/instance form?

Enjoying it, however playing with a controller on the PC you can add +1 to the "RB to jump.... really?" Trying to get used to it, but thinking of swapping it with DS4windows as that program lets me set individual buttons no matter if the game doesn't (like forcing a left stick invert on final fantasy 12)

To any game developers here, is it really that much harder to code for individual button configurations on a controller compared to a keyboard? Can't remember ever having seen it. Usually just a few profile setups at best.
There are some "instances" for quarantine areas but apparently there is a whole other map later in the game called "Old town" which is supposed to be tall buildings.

Game is fun , enjoying it.Thought it would be a pain with Keyboard and Mouse...not at all. Also It feels as if the clothing was suppose to have more impact on your character...I mean they have those slots but hovering over them shows me nothing and cant imagine why its there if there wasnt an intent at some point that each piece was suppose to give boosts maybe? Or it does and I just dont see where i can see the effects the outfits give?

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Game is fun , enjoying it.Thought it would be a pain with Keyboard and Mouse...not at all. Also It feels as if the clothing was suppose to have more impact on your character...I mean they have those slots but hovering over them shows me nothing and cant imagine why its there if there wasnt an intent at some point that each piece was suppose to give boosts maybe? Or it does and I just dont see where i can see the effects the outfits give?
I just figured the clothes were similar to Borderlands outfits. Hardly ever see yourself in them, but visible for multiplayer / co-op, purely cosmetic.