Dyson Sphere Program

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Don't overlook the power requirements of the launch silos. You'll need 3 silos per mk3 assembler building rockets to keep them launching non stop, and each silo uses 18MW.
It's easier to start slow and ramp up because once you've got the a bit of the sphere built you can scale up ray receivers to power the expansion of rocket launches.

My sphere isn't quite finished yet.. I think I will just get it done before my silicon supply runs out.
1613002504545.png

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Has anyone done enough exploring to be able to tell if further away stars tend to have more resources? Just exploring the ones near my home system some of them have outrageously high quantities of resources, like 30mil stone, 20mil fire ice, 25 mil of all of the common metals etc. I have all of the rare resources except unipolar magnets within 6ly.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Has anyone done enough exploring to be able to tell if further away stars tend to have more resources? Just exploring the ones near my home system some of them have outrageously high quantities of resources, like 30mil stone, 20mil fire ice, 25 mil of all of the common metals etc. I have all of the rare resources except unipolar magnets within 6ly.
My new home system. Took me a bit to find, didn't even think to look next to the black hole.

homeworld1.jpg

Rare resources are a little rare it seems, I haven't seen huge deposits, mostly under 10M. There is plenty all over though, the unipolar, organic, and stagmites actual "rarest" it seems. I marked off several on my search for a new home.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
That is a lot of resources.. looks like I need to explore more then!

Near my home system I found a planet that has 20mil stalagmite.. it's an ocean world though, 99% water coverage..

Does that system have a lot of planets or just huge mineral deposits on the planets it does have? I haven't seen more than 4 planets in any system I've visited yet (which is only around half a dozen).

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
That is a lot of resources.. looks like I need to explore more then!

Near my home system I found a planet that has 20mil stalagmite.. it's an ocean world though, 99% water coverage..

Does that system have a lot of planets or just huge mineral deposits on the planets it does have? I haven't seen more than 4 planets in any system I've visited yet (which is only around half a dozen).
It has 5 planets, 1 being a gas giant. Yeah they are all fairly high resources as well, all but one is low/zero of 1-2 resource. Lucky thing is the one world orbiting the gas giant is one with a good supply of resources on its own, it just screams "turn me into a refinery/smelting planet!" As a bonus, the inner planet has a close orbit, so it will be well within sphere when I start building, I'm thinking of turning it into a brain/rocket/railgun planet, should look cool on the inside of a complete sphere. The next planet will be just outside the sphere, so I'm hoping the 2 together will make quick work of the construction. Thinking the other planets will be best for overall production, splitting some high demand stuff to all of them in the end.

I'll admit I turned resources up a tick to 1.5x when I started, but the system would still be very nice even at default. Systems nearby all seem high as well. I haven't even explored 1/4 of the cluster yet physically, and browsed 1/2 the stars perhaps.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
I've got 1 black hole, 1 neutron star, 1 0 type, 1 blue giant..

0 type is by far the best so far in terms of resource quantity.. the black hole and neutron star only have 1 planet each.

I don't think luminosity really matters. Yes you'll get more power, but the sphere I built in my starting system is producing more power than I can possibly use anyway. I could run 30 other planets off artificial stars from what I'm producing and I'm not even tapped into 1/4 of its power output.

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished building my first sphere. Took 80860 rockets, and approximately 12 times as many sails. Interesting to note that it doesn't affect the effectiveness of solar panels on planets outside the sphere. Wonder if they will change that in future patches.
1613084911402.png

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Finally finished building my first sphere. Took 80860 rockets, and approximately 12 times as many sails. Interesting to note that it doesn't affect the effectiveness of solar panels on planets outside the sphere. Wonder if they will change that in future patches.
View attachment 334381
Yeah I just noticed last night with a planet orbiting a gas giant, it was getting full sunlight, when it should have been some Pitch Black type eclipse going on. Never really noticed it on other planets orbiting gas giants. I can ignore little things like that, although I do hope devs eventually tweak things like that.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I want to start over to just severally limit the number of resources at the default level its just way over kill. Can't believe some of you where actually increasing the number. I have one planet on default that could probably build a dyson sphere on every star in the system just with it's resources. I decided to lay foundation on the entire surface on every planet in my system (5 planets) and it's a joke it's so easy didn't even make a tiny dent in one planets stone and iron reserves.

Flip side of this I just don't want to do the research tree all over again, so may just hang it up. For new people's sake I hope they nerf the number some and give you more of that feeling of looking for and depleting resources.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to start over to just severally limit the number of resources at the default level its just way over kill. Can't believe some of you where actually increasing the number. I have one planet on default that could probably build a dyson sphere on every star in the system just with it's resources. I decided to lay foundation on the entire surface on every planet in my system (5 planets) and it's a joke it's so easy didn't even make a tiny dent in one planets stone and iron reserves.

Flip side of this I just don't want to do the research tree all over again, so may just hang it up. For new people's sake I hope they nerf the number some and give you more of that feeling of looking for and depleting resources.
Yeah it feels like the sandbox mode of a builder game. The last one I played was Anno 1800 and it has a lot of the same elements as DSP, but with limited resources and aggressive opponents vying for the same resources.

In the pre-release of DSP you can land on a world, take your time laying and relaying everything out and once you get a layout you like, you can mine it for years before you are motivated to move. In Anno 1800 if you're not rapidly placing near-ideal layouts and aggressively expanding Lady Margaret Hunt will be up your ass before you can get a decent cup of coffee.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
Very enjoyable game

made my sphere, set up nodes to mine each rare mineral, maxed production and capped a full 5k plus storage container for each item and ive got bulk mining for all the core products set up off world to be shipped back. Maxed rsearch but didnt plug tons of levels in the infinite icarus upgrades. Ended up with about 110 hours in it but some of that was afk time

i will shelve it and wait for any updates / dlcs down the road

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I can't be the only one who wants a No Man's Sky - Dyson Sphere crossover with base parts and frigates and stuff in the manufacturing chain.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
just made my biggest structure yet. not sure if there's a fatal flaw in it or not but I wanted to post a pic of it before the party started.

1613777912864.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just kidding. I'm curious to find out if after I stack them to full height what the bottleneck will be.

I moved the three rails on the outside, but otherwise layer 1 is operational (and yellow starved).

1613779866246.png