Dyson Sphere Program

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What are you researching, and have you hit the point where one miner fully saturates a Mk3 belt?
veins utilization. On level 38 now. 9.52% ore consumption, 480% mining speed. And no, on a good placement I'm at like 50% but I've switch to having one mk3 belt per miner.

done engine / comms control is level 11.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Let's pour one out for all the homies who played their entire DSP game without the copy inserter mod.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
12k smelters on his forge world. Says he did it without blueprint mods too. Insane.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
12k smelters on his forge world. Says he did it without blueprint mods too. Insane.

RL picture of every end-game DSP player when viewing any other end-game DSP player:

but-why.gif

I view iron ingots and other smelting products as like, step 2 of a 10 step plan that results in things like quantum chips, graviton lens, rockets etc. Concentrating them on a planet many light years from where they're used seems pointless. But who am I to talk????

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of pointless, I was surprised to find out I'm low on graviton lens, how can that be since I copy-pasted my graviton lens factory?!?!?1

1615846133925.png

Guess what I'm doing for the next half hour instead of starting my rocket star system?!?

(editor's note, the fractionators pictured above were pasted in backwards somehow, so they aren't outputting deuts and instead jamming)

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I suppose one reason for a "forge world" is it potentially smooths out any irregularities in planetary and interplanetary ingot supply. One thing I've never been sure about is how the game chooses where to ask for/send materials. You may think your smelters next door are providing locally, but if they just got hit for a couple k's for somewhere else, now the local assemblers are requesting from further away as well and potentially bogging the system down. With belts it's easy to control how much goes where but without really micromanaging logistics ranges it seems like there's potential for weirdness. By the time you need 12k smelters, warpers are trivial.

Speaking of that, I can't say I've ever messed around with the planetary setting of longitude range. Vessel range and warp settings yes, but drones I've never micro'd.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I suppose one reason for a "forge world" is it potentially smooths out any irregularities in planetary and interplanetary ingot supply. One thing I've never been sure about is how the game chooses where to ask for/send materials. You may think your smelters next door are providing locally, but if they just got hit for a couple k's for somewhere else, now the local assemblers are requesting from further away as well and potentially bogging the system down. With belts it's easy to control how much goes where but without really micromanaging logistics ranges it seems like there's potential for weirdness. By the time you need 12k smelters, warpers are trivial.

Speaking of that, I can't say I've ever messed around with the planetary setting of longitude range. Vessel range and warp settings yes, but drones I've never micro'd.
As far as I can tell there's nothing coherent about vessel selection. I'm having to set my vessels to have a max range to only encompass where I want them to go. Otherwise they'll go across the entire galaxy to pick up some hydrogen instead of the planet in the same star system. Pretty huge bug once you start building stupid mega factories that really need quick turnaround times on those vessels or they'll run empty. This happened to me on my quantum line with its massive hydrogen requirement for casimir crystals.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
check that, next 15 minutesm, this new mod is great.
more like two hours. Everything was broken in ways I didn't think could be broken. Maybe using beta mods in an early access game is a bad idea? Nah, let's keep smashing broken stuff together.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
This is badass. I don't know how any other game of this type could ever match the sheer scale of building a motherfuckin Dyson Sphere.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Having another go at this, gotta hand it to these devs, they have been doing constant updates since last year. Even some new shit I haven't even tried out yet.

I finally joined the future and got a 65" 4k TV for my cave, I'm one of those luddites that hasn't had a screen larger than 32" for my PC for decades. Looks amazing, and FPS seems good.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Having another go at this, gotta hand it to these devs, they have been doing constant updates since last year. Even some new shit I haven't even tried out yet.

I finally joined the future and got a 65" 4k TV for my cave, I'm one of those luddites that hasn't had a screen larger than 32" for my PC for decades. Looks amazing, and FPS seems good.
Thought I was in the Riftworld thread for a second until I realized you were talking about your own setup. :trump:

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
And that's the end of DSP for me, I think. The game worked wonderfully as a sandbox builder. One of those strategy games? There are dime a dozen of them.

Goodbye.