E3 2013 June 11-13

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Xbox One - $499 - November sometime
Noteworthy games : RYSE, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Project Spark, and Crimson Dragon.

It's already a dead horse than MS fucked up pretty big on their reveal yesterday, and their only hope to sway people back into their favor is with a strong showing at this years E3. Nintendo will be showing off some of its upcoming releases including new Mario, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros iirc. Sony will be there also to laugh as MS and bask in the enjoyment that they could atleast show games at their presentation this year.

IGN has a wiki on supposed games to be at show.http://www.ign.com/wikis/e3/Big_Games_at_E3_2013.

Currently looking forward to seeing more on

Watch Dogs
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
New Final Fantasy
Destiny

Since this E3 will pretty much determine MS standpoint in the console war for the next 5 years atleast, i expect them to have a big showing. However they could totally fuck up more and have 2/3 their showing focused on how the new xbox will indeed work outside the US for television providers....

http://www.gametrailers.com/netstorage/e3/live.html

http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

http://www.ign.com/events/e3

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/e3live.aspx

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...013-conference

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

Sean_sl

shitlord
I think Sony's going to have a lot more momentum at E3 with waiting to reveal their console there. Expect Sony to also come out swinging with "We have the most powerful gaming system you can buy." They'll also show off their extremely strong first party IP line up in full force and probably have a few brand new IPs. Obvious shit is obvious.

Microsoft is really going to have to pull some amazing fucking exclusives out of their ass to not be just eaten alive. However, I expect 5-8 of Microsoft's exclusives to be Kinect games and/or Kinect-hybrid games (one already confirmed) and at least 2-5 to be cross-generation X360/Xbone games. It's also unlikely that they'll actually get all 15 of those planned exclusives released next year (especially considering they're supposedly 6+ months behind on software development).

Hilarious videos will be made of Microsoft's presentation and how much they re-use words.

Nintendo better show that they have more than fucking Wind Waker HD planned for this holiday season and it better be god damned amazing and not just another Mario Kart & Smash Brothers iteration. They are just rightly screwed with how amazingly bad the WiiU has been tanking and they need some truly miraculous shit to save it.

Extremely unlikely, wild, random prediction: Square will rebrand FFVs13 as Final Fantasy 15 and it will be a PS4 launch title.

Oh, who am I kidding? Versus is never getting released onanyconsoleever.

Sulrn

Deuces
I think it's just plain silly to act like pre-release E3 is a major battle of the console war when it's a skirmish at best. The only thing to be decided is stock pricings for a few weeks.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Microsoft has said that their E3 presentation will only be about games.

"This #XboxOne conference was the part of E3 people don?t like. We took that over and made it into an event (we) said ?let?s talk about what we?re trying to do and get that out of the way. And that frees us up for E3."

"That will free us up for E3 to just like, nail it on games."
http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/ta...ello/1600-490/

If anything, I bet Sony will talk about sports, television, multimedia and all that stuff stuff during their conference.

Anyway. Should be interesting.

show off their extremely strong first party IP line up in full force
You think so? Personally, I think Sony has the weakest IP portfolio out of all three console makers, which is really saying something considering how few good IPs Microsoft has.

Sulrn

Deuces
You think so? Personally, I think Sony has the weakest IP portfolio out of all three console makers, which is really saying something considering how few good IPs Microsoft has.
Be careful where ye tread, lest ye wish to be labeled blind and ignorant amongst the "wise". Hahaha.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Be careful where ye tread, lest ye wish to be labeled blind and ignorant amongst the "wise". Hahaha.
Eh, I looked at the lists of first party IPs again, and, on second thoughts, I guess Sony does edge out Microsoft. I hope we see a bunch of new IPs at E3, though. While Sony does have a few standout IPs, the vast majority of them are rather mediocre, in my opinion.

Szlia

While in a good position, I think Sony has a difficult message equation to solve in E3. It may be an 'abundance of wealth' problem, but they still have a number of big titles in store for the PS3, titles that, because of their development time and level of polish (The Last of Us, Gran Turismo 6, The Last Guardian(?)), might overshadow the early release stuff for the PS4, so they have a balancing act to do between their two generations of machines.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the current / next gen split will be weird to see.

MS has pretty much cleared out the current gen; about all I can think of that they are publishing is LocoCycle (for XBLA). Furthermore, almost all of their teams have been working on X1 games since Nov 11 (or earlier). Add in any timed exclusives they've moneyhatted, and they should have a solid wall of new games announced this E3.

Sony, on the other hand, still has PS3 projects in the works, with Gran Turismo going against their own Drive Club (for PS4) and Last of Us hopefully not taking too much stage time (like Infamous 2, it releases during E3, so no one will review it for another week). Edit: Tearaway is still PS3 only as well, I believe.

But to be honest, the publisher with the strongest lineup coming out over the next 12 months could well be Nintendo. 3D Mario, Mario Kart, (probably) Smash Brothers, 3DS Zelda, and the Pokemans, they could well "win" best conference*... despite not having one.

Edit: *And to cut that discussion off at the pass, people need to realize there are THREE E3s (really, three and a half):
1) The original purpose of E3 was for publishers to convince retailers to stock their product (e.g. "Target, you really want to buy a lot of copies of Call of Duty 27!"). The very first thing Nintendo did when they announced they weren't having a public press conference was to state that they were still having a giant presentation for retailers (it's just not going to be accessible to the public/press). The next time your favorite gaming podcast/website puts out a "Does E3 need to exist?" column, you can immediately conclude that they are morons,because Nintendo Directs do not actually cover the original purpose of E3.
2) A lesser purpose is for stock investors to evaluate each publisher's lineup for the next 12 - 18 months for stock evaluations. They too will be going to the closed door presentation Nintendo is putting out. Nintendo Directs do not cover them either.
3) Nowadays, the public gets information on upcoming video games. Between Nintendo Directs and show floor videos, they will be covered this year.
3.5) Game devs use E3 to help get a view on what the rest of the industry is doing. Between GDC, etc., this isn't a pressing matter.

Szlia

It's also an opportunity for journalists to see/try a bunch of games and meet/interview a bunch of people, giving them material to enhance their reviews for months (it's especially interesting because the material gathered that way is potentially unique to the journalist asking questions others do not ask).

About the generational transition: Microsoft dropped the Xbox like an old sock a soon as the X360 hit market (which made sense considering it was such a colossal money pit), but do they plan to do the same going from X360 to Xbone? Sony on the other hand is experienced of such transitions, having done one from PS1 to PS2 and other from PS2 to PS3, so we know they will still be selling PS3 two, three, four, maybe even five years from now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
E3 schedule:http://kotaku.com/heres-a-complete-s...nces-509568885

THURSDAY, JUNE 6

Konami Pre-E3 Show: 10:00 AM PDT

MONDAY, June 10

Microsoft: 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM PDT

Electronic Arts: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM PDT

Ubisoft: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM PDT

Sony: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM PDT

TUESDAY, June 11

Nintendo (Via an Online Nintendo Direct): 7:00 AM PDT

In addition to all that, publisher Square Enix will be streaming all week from their spot on the show floor.

xzi

Mouthbreather
Valve won't be there, so nobody to officially tell us EP3 is being made (although they are making a Source2 engine).

meh
gonna be a bunch of console games that show nothing new we haven't seen before. Hopefully I am wrong.

Also, TV TV TV TV SPORTS TV TV DOGS

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I'd also dig a next-gen Parasite Eve, or even an HD remake of the original. The Last Remnant would do good on a next gen system as well.

Siliconemelons

Can we say Zone of the Enders sequel please? DINGO WHERE ARE YOU!?!?!

Also when it comes to watching apple unveil another ipod/iphone i'd hope gamers were more interested in MS falling on its face or redeeming itself.
It was announced when they did the HD remake of ZoE1+2 (that is awesome) so yes, I hope we get more details-dates-footage etc- and Lords of Shadow 2 needs some love- Castlevania is awesome... I need a damn 3ds so I can play the latest >_<

I bought the xbox for halo and halo parties... I love my PS3 and Microsoft watching me sit there and watch movies while in my underwear is not making me want to buy a xbone. "Xbox go home" your drunk"

I hope Square decides to stop sucking an releases a AAA high fantasy- FF game that brings together their insane visuals of late to their good and emotional music, characters and plot of old.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
It was announced when they did the HD remake of ZoE1+2 (that is awesome) so yes, I hope we get more details-dates-footage etc- and Lords of Shadow 2 needs some love- Castlevania is awesome... I need a damn 3ds so I can play the latest >_<

I bought the xbox for halo and halo parties... I love my PS3 and Microsoft watching me sit there and watch movies while in my underwear is not making me want to buy a xbone. "Xbox go home" your drunk"

I hope Square decides to stop sucking an releases a AAA high fantasy- FF game that brings together their insane visuals of late to their good and emotional music, characters and plot of old.
I can for see people putting tape over their Kinect cam's just for assurance no one is watching. That aside im pretty sure Squeenix will announce another all new FF title with yet another female lead, that or a guy who can be mistaken for a female with a whole buch of metrosexual male support characters. After playing Dragons Dogma and it's xpac content im pretty in love with how its take on fantasy RPG is done. I'd fap for a game similar to that within one of Squeenix FF worlds. Versus is close to it, but....will save that for the FF thread.

That aside, the Castlevania game for the 3ds was supposedly pretty lackluster, i dont own a 3ds myself b/c handhelds are the root of all gaming evil(outside online DRM) but those oh-so-trusty sites say so.

Siliconemelons

How did those sites review Lords of Shadow? I have avoided the CV dudgeon forum as to avoid spoilers... yeah I know its just a CV game... but I am a big big sucker for castlevania and love the lore and every games take on things and putting it all together etc- so I think I will enjoy it just because of its sheer story content... I have an odd thing about comparing differing versions of stuff and how each one can bring a different take on things- ex: the many many lyrics of "Phantom of the opera" the phantom of the opera song- there are about 3-5 different versions with some adding or subtracting a verse, and even words that change the entire contrasting relationship between Christine and Erick....the same with Dracula in the IGA CV timeline- imo after SoTN drac does not want to come back, I believe (sans 1999 as its not explained) all his returns are summons/forced not a natural resurrection... but I digress.

I heard the new Dragons Dogma xpac is rocking and getting everyone jazzed for 2-- and yeah...I fully expect a standard metrosexual FF game with a 3ish member party... I miss that from FF4 having 5 people in your party...4 is like minimum to me... but I would love to be proved totally wrong and get an announcement for a wonderful high fantasy game from squeenix.

edit: my oddness is also for some reason why I love Zone of the Enders and have watched all the animes and replayed 1 and 2 many times... that and its a damn well made game- the HD remakes are even more...yummy.