E3 2015

Needless

Toe Sucker
Japanese people have some weird pride and desire to show off their english.
Capcom's Yoshinori Ono is one of the worst for this lmao, stubborn fucks.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
There was dick-all for the WiiU.

Good.

Whether you are a Nintendo fan or not, the sooner they stop supporting the Dead System Walking that is the Wii U and start working on NX games, the better for the company.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
The Nintendo conference was awful. Star Fox looked like a PS2 game. Iwata had to apologize for how shitty the digital event was lol.

At this point it looks like Nintendo is just shoving out the last projects they have for WiiU before they announce NX next year.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
The Nintendo conference was awful. Star Fox looked like a PS2 game. Iwata had to apologize for how shitty the digital event was lol.

At this point it looks like Nintendo is just shoving out the last projects they have for WiiU before they announce NX next year.
If they are smart, which they are not, they would hold back any Metroid, Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Megaman, whatever else - games, and develop all those to launch THE SAME DAY as their new system.

Quite literally every popular game available at launch of the new system - and watch the sales go nuts.

They cannot release a system and expect great results when it takes 4 years to launch not even 5?? of their main staple 1st party titles which is Super Mario World 3D, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers... Shit that's 3. (I know I am forgetting a few) But still... That's outright ridiculous.

Hold the NX system launch and with that launch the following all on the same day:

New Donkey Kong Country NX
Metroid NX
Zelda NX
Mario NX
Megaman
Contra 1st person shooter
Starfox NX
Kid Icarus NX

Launch all those titles at the same time. Otherwise they may as well just cash in their chips and have their last Sushi dinner before going out like dishonorable/defeated Samauri.

Szlia

I just want to say that Neir was a deeply flawed game, but, refreshingly, it was also packed full of original ideas and strange mixes of game genre. A very odd and fascinating game.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Launching all those games on the same day would cannibalize game sales to hell and therefore be a terrible idea.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I just want to say that Neir was a deeply flawed game, but, refreshingly, it was also packed full of original ideas and strange mixes of game genre. A very odd and fascinating game.
I haven't played it myself but I've heard pretty good things about the story/characters from people who've played it. This was a pretty big surprise announcement, may try and give the game a shot when I can.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I just hope they don't gay up the models for americans again... leave the god damn main character looking like a 14 year old, don't destroy him by turning him into some 40 year old dude god damnit.

really, really looking forward to what they'll be doing with nier though

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Launching all those games on the same day would cannibalize game sales to hell and therefore be a terrible idea.
Actually, it wouldn't.

Releasing all those games at the same time as a system launch would let Nintendo pack in various options to penetrate the market, which then generates the market base, which would be at an alarming rate. Games would fly off the shelves and with so many options viable at once, no one in their right mind would be able to say, "I'll wait for the software to come out which supports this because last time I was hosed by my Wii U Purchase and I didn't see a new Zelda game or Metroid game."

They no longer have the consumer trust they once had. They will need to saturate their support lines with popular IP's to prove otherwise, and it should be fairly easy to do since some of the games were transitioned from Wii U to NX already (The new Zelda, a new Metroid).

If they do this, and the NX is a good gaming system with this line of support right out of the bat, they would stand to sell tens of millions of consoles within the first year and line themselves up strategically against Sony and Microsoft to take market share and retain a large install base for their future titles.

They are in shitville right now Keg. They need 3rd party support badly, and they won't get shit unless they take it on the nose and force a huge buy in from it's consumer base. This is the only way to do it. At least, the only smart play. This however is coming from Nintendo, who thinks 3rd party support is lacking because they are difficult to work with when it comes to allowing varying Bowser variations from Activision and Nintendo trying to show the world they changed; however subtle that messaging was from Reggie. That is part of it. The other more major part is because all 3rd parties know Nintendo's hardware shit will not sell until they have major 1st party release titles launched, and right now, there isn't a soul out there willing to take the risk.

Obviously they won't. So it won't matter anyway. They are too fucking stupid to do the above to fix their shit in the industry channels.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Actually, it wouldn't.

Releasing all those games at the same time as a system launch would let Nintendo pack in various options to penetrate the market, which then generates the market base, which would be at an alarming rate. Games would fly off the shelves and with so many options viable at once, no one in their right mind would be able to say, "I'll wait for the software to come out which supports this because last time I was hosed by my Wii U Purchase and I didn't see a new Zelda game or Metroid game."

They no longer have the consumer trust they once had. They will need to saturate their support lines with popular IP's to prove otherwise, and it should be fairly easy to do since some of the games were transitioned from Wii U to NX already (The new Zelda, a new Metroid).

If they do this, and the NX is a good gaming system with this line of support right out of the bat, they would stand to sell tens of millions of consoles within the first year and line themselves up strategically against Sony and Microsoft to take market share and retain a large install base for their future titles.

They are in shitville right now Keg. They need 3rd party support badly, and they won't get shit unless they take it on the nose and force a huge buy in from it's consumer base. This is the only way to do it. At least, the only smart play. This however is coming from Nintendo, who thinks 3rd party support is lacking because they are difficult to work with when it comes to allowing varying Bowser variations from Activision and Nintendo trying to show the world they changed; however subtle that messaging was from Reggie. That is part of it. The other more major part is because all 3rd parties know Nintendo's hardware shit will not sell until they have major 1st party release titles launched, and right now, there isn't a soul out there willing to take the risk.

Obviously they won't. So it won't matter anyway. They are too fucking stupid to do the above to fix their shit in the industry channels.
They also need a new Monster Hunter game for it. MOTHERFUCKING MONSTER HUNTER.

This isn't just the rabid fanboy in me, either. Its a 3rd party game that capcom has all but committed to Nintendo. Release it on release day, with the hype off MH4U? And it'll sell like hotcakes with everything else. And Nintendo can go "Hey, you see that 3rd party launch title that sold 3million in the first 3 months? Yeah bitches, get like me."

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Actually, it wouldn't.

They are in shitville right now Keg. They need 3rd party support badly, and they won't get shit unless they take it on the nose and force a huge buy in from it's consumer base. This is the only way to do it. At least, the only smart play.

Obviously they won't. So it won't matter anyway. They are too fucking stupid.
the boost in initial system sales at launch wouldn't justify the loss on games. Having 8 AAA titles at launch doesn't mean they'll sell 4 times as many systems at launch. In reality they'll sell slightly more. it would be a lot smarter to have 2 huge games at launch and release others every few months during the systems first year and sustain the level of hype to keep system sales consistently high and to give each game an opportunity to stand on its own and get the attention and sales it should.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
I just hope they don't gay up the models for americans again... leave the god damn main character looking like a 14 year old, don't destroy him by turning him into some 40 year old dude god damnit.

really, really looking forward to what they'll be doing with nier though
What iswrongwith you?

"You know what this story about family and fatherhood needs? A main character that looks like a fourteen year old girl!"

Szlia

I am pretty sure the main character is not the father in the japanese version, but the brother or something. Let me google that...

EDIT:

wikipedia_sl said:
Other than changing Nier's appearance and modifying a few lines of dialogue to fit with Nier being a father rather than a brother to Yonah, the developers made no changes between the two versions;[5] while it was initially believed that the older Nier was the character's original design,[5] an interview with Yoko clarified that the young Nier was the original vision

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I haven't played it myself but I've heard pretty good things about the story/characters from people who've played it. This was a pretty big surprise announcement, may try and give the game a shot when I can.
Nier and Drakengard 3 were two of my favorite JRPGs (JARPGs?) of last gen. Glad to see that Platinum Games hired Taro Yoko to head the project, I can't imagine a Drakengard/Nier game made by anyone else.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What's up with the PC gaming show tonight? I'm not seeing it on Youtube's streaming schedule.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
LOL, the PCMR spam in chat is real.

Banner says 5pm PDT, video counter says 1 more hour. ugh.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
squeenix.gif

7nmPwOD.gif