E3 2015

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Yeah it's online but they purposely made it so it's hard to run into others. If it had an option to explore with a bud I'd be all for it but not interested in a chance to find a friend.

I'm sure players will figure out a way to do it, but until then this is a no go.
The game is just a hyper-drive progression from what I can tell. You'll have to grind out your max level hyper-drive alone, then warp to the center of the Galaxy where you can meet up with your homies, and continue the game together. Not a big deal.

The real question is, should we all give a shit?

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The game is just a hyper-drive progression from what I can tell. You'll have to grind out your max level hyper-drive alone, then warp to the center of the Galaxy where you can meet up with your homies, and continue the game together. Not a big deal.

The real question is, should we all give a shit?
Based off of that description (which seems apt), I'm having a hard time giving a shit. This is definitely an explorer's wet dream game, though.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I haven't seen anything about the economics of the game. I've seen the videos with the trading posts where you upgrade and some buildings you can discover?

I played EVE like excelcraft and I could burn days fine-tuning a production complex in X3 but I can't really remember the last time I went "YAY EXPLORATION!" in a spaceshippewpew game.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
If Star Citizen is getting 55 mil without even calling itself Privateer or Wing Commander, how much would Freespace 3 or Xwing/Tie Fighter 3 bring in?

The best space shooter RIGHT NOW is FSOPEN.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I went and googled the trailer for FSOPEN and I didnt really play freespace enough to get the nostalgia kick. But youtube pulled up like similar videos and sure enough it put up some of the newer EVE stuff.

I haven't played in over a year but I gotta say, CCP still makes the best trailers lol. Their rendered stuff had always been good but they rarely made ingame stuff like this back then.