E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I don’t get why people are pumped on Spider-Man. Looks derivative and lame imo.

• 4Seriously?
  • 3Like
  • 2OK, Sure
Reactions: 11 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Oh, Nioh 2 looked cool... I'm assuming it's not an exclusive though.
Why would you assume that when it was only shown by Sony and the first game is exclusive?

Edit - Christ, I'm dumb

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, Sony must've just paid Team Ninja for an exclusivity window, not exclusivity. However, it was kept under wraps pretty well, since it was on PS4 for 9 months before PC and the PC announcement happened only a few weeks before it dropped, with no word about it before then.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Disclaimer: I currently only own a PC and a Switch, so keep comments about "this gen" in mind:

If this was the swan song for announcements of the current gen, with everything we know releasing between now and Holiday 2020, then this gen is going to end way more pleasantly than last: people forget at this point last time around, Sony had Playstation Battle Royale as their one exclusive for six months or so.

Instead, Xbox has Gears and Halos (as always), Dying LIght 2 and Battletoads, and Sony has Last of Us 2, Ghosts of Tsushima, and Death Stranding to hold us over from Q2 until next gen starts in earnest.

What I thought was weirdest was what we didn't see: No Avengers, no Splinter Cell, no Titanfall 3. Hell, no Horizon 2 or (proper) Wolfenstein 3. Sure, all of those could be cross gen in 2020, but I think the transition will be a lot smoother than it has been recently, even with the nearly identical architecture (we assume, anyway).

All in all, I am excited for the future: we aren't looking at a two year dead zone like last time around, and while I'm personally more excited by the Square Enix lineup this year than anyone else's lineup we've seen this week (give me the old school Dragon Quest and Octopath!), every major publisher is still putting out titles in a lot of genres for the ~28 months until next gen launches (I assume).

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Next year has to be Sony and Microsoft talking about next gen.

It's the only thing that can be explained by this scant showing

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Sony showed what it wanted too show,(and it seems what looks to be ready, sooner then later) I don't think this is gonna be the last hurrah for the PS4(with what they have built with there current hardware, will translate easily too next gen(If they keep x86, it all hinges on this fact))

But don't forget there is more then just E3(E3 is honestly the start for the year), TGS, PAX Prime, PSX, PAX South... list goes on and on..

Last edited:

MightyMadman

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sony was weak, too artzie fartzie and was probably more fun being there then watching on a stream. Agenda pushing, they some shit I like but nothing surprisingly new

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Just got done watching the Sony event. That was an exceedingly weird format at the start, but honestly the game lineup made up for it, I thought. Ghost of Tsushima and Spider-Man both look amazing, Death Stranding continues to look like an acid trip--in a good way, and that new game Control looks intriguing. And unlike, say, Bethesda, where it tended to be CG trailers, Sony gave us gameplay for pretty much everything, with extended gameplay sequences for the big ones. Gotta respect that.

I am surprised, though, that we didn't get Avengers. They said back when they first announced it that they'd be talking about this year, and E3 seemed like the reasonable place to expect that to go down. Where would the next most likely place to see it be? Gamescom?

spronk

FPS noob
its really weird they only talked about Days Gone for like 10 seconds, its supposed to release in Feb 2019. I guess they could push it hard at PSX and VGA in Dec