E3 2018 Hype and Train-Wreck Thread (Place your bets!)

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
That was the worst show of the conference in terms of presentation AND content.

Fire Emblem. (Sometime in 2019)
Monster Hunter Ultimate (After playing World and it's quality of life improvements I can never go back)
Super Smash (For half the show)
Some pokemon thing (Never got into this)
DLC for Xenoblade 2.
Dark Souls Remastered which really needs to be played in 4k/60 for the best experience anyway.

Lots of and lots of indie games and Sprites.

No Animal Crossing, no Metroid showing, nothing about their new online service charges, virtual console plans...

Jesus.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Randin

Trakanon Raider
You know, when I predicted that Nintendo would be 75% Smash, I *thought* I was being hyperbolic, but that passed the 50% mark at the very least.

That said, Smash looks damn good. Need a Switch, now.

spronk

FPS noob
is smash a fun game to play solo or is it pretty much only fun to play with other people? as someone who has played maybe 3 mins of smash in my lifetime, that was the weirdest nintendo presentation ever where i just tuned out for 90% of it

Caliane

That was the worst show of the conference in terms of presentation AND content.

Fire Emblem. (Sometime in 2019)
Monster Hunter Ultimate (After playing World and it's quality of life improvements I can never go back)
Super Smash (For half the show)
Some pokemon thing (Never got into this)
DLC for Xenoblade 2.
Dark Souls Remastered which really needs to be played in 4k/60 for the best experience anyway.

Lots of and lots of indie games and Sprites.

No Animal Crossing, no Metroid showing, nothing about their new online service charges, virtual console plans...

Jesus.
yeah. I definitely went, Wait.. thats it? after the extended smash display.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
is smash a fun game to play solo or is it pretty much only fun to play with other people? as someone who has played maybe 3 mins of smash in my lifetime, that was the weirdest nintendo presentation ever where i just tuned out for 90% of it

I bought it for Wii U and played maybe a total of about 10 minutes.

With that said, I have never been into fighting games. I just don't see what the draw is. So I am probably not the best to talk about Smash Brothers.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
Another Nintendo E3 flop.
Only fun with other people. And even with other people, it gets old pretty quick compared to other fighting games for me.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Disappointing E3 showing from Nintendo. I'm getting Smash at release because I love the series and I dig the entire playable roster being available too.

Fantastic news that both Sony and Nintendo were super disappointing leading me to have no hype for the next fiscal year. Seppuku it is I guess.

• 1Salty

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't they show Mario Party? That'll get some play at our house. Saw something on Twitter about it being able to use multiple Switches... but we really need some help w/ a family digital library if that's going to happen - and that's a pipe dream of course.

Looking forward to online play with Overcooked 2, but will probably get that for PC. Aside from Madden on PC I think these games and Satisfactory (a 3D Factorio) are what I'm most interested in coming out of E3.

Next gen console transition feels like it's starting, based off the offerings this year. Some big teases/announcements next E3 imo.

• 1Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
You have to remember the lineup Switch had for the first 9 months, those teams won't have real followups for years.

That said, they could have at least teased the Metroid and racing title(s).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wtf is otcopath traveller? also, I want it.

And Nintendo is having the largest Indie game showcase segment. wtf is going on here?
I saw a FF player doing the demo for Octopath months back, basically it's SWTOR's 8 different class stories set in a SNES style classic RPG with modern tech that for whatever god damn reason they relegated to only being on the Switch so 99% of the world will never play it yet they could have made so much god damn money if they did it for PS4/Xbox/PC instead.

So similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 most of us will end up watching someone else play it on twitch.

• 3Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I saw a FF player doing the demo for Octopath months back, basically it's SWTOR's 8 different class stories set in a SNES style classic RPG with modern tech that for whatever god damn reason they relegated to only being on the Switch so 99% of the world will never play it yet they could have made so much god damn money if they did it for PS4/Xbox/PC instead.

So similar to Xenoblade Chronicles 2 most of us will end up watching someone else play it on twitch.
And SMT V, because Atlus is retarded too. "Let's make a game in UE4 but only release it on the shittiest platform even though porting would be trivial!"

• 3Like

Fedor

<Banned>
KDy28mF.png

• 6Worf
  • 2Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 8 users

spronk

FPS noob
i mean nioh 2, KH3, and RE2 are all on xbox too (and PC i think) and who knows when the fuck TLOU2 and Death Stranding 2 are coming out. Spidey though this year is pretty great. Crackdown 3 on X looked pretty fun and I'm sure Forza Horizon 4 will be great, Gears 5 and Halo Infinite seem further out than TLOU2/Death.

Plus game pass means i get Crackdown 3 and FH4 without paying anything more than my gamepass sub which is nice

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Surely to fucking god that won’t stay that way. If I hadn’t played Zelda on Wii U, I would buy a switch with both of those out there.

spronk

FPS noob
something interesting: fortnite for switch (out today) lets you voice chat by plugging in a headset into the mic jack on the switch. every other nintendo game requires you to use their dumbass phone app instead. so weird

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
something interesting: fortnite for switch (out today) lets you voice chat by plugging in a headset into the mic jack on the switch. every other nintendo game requires you to use their dumbass phone app instead. so weird

The headset jack has always supported this. It's up to the developer to integrate voice chat into the game. Most of the 3rd party developers haven't, or it's Nintendo and want it through the app.

Also none of the games Sony showed have a release date, except Spiderman. Not sure why people are so excited for what Sony showed.

The 2 games i'm most excited for Sekiro and Fire Emblem both only said Early 2019. Really frustrating.