Easy Way Steal Pizza

krozman_foh

shitlord
Dr. Funkenstein said:
-internet me all you want. You fuckers are stealing pizza. Like little children taking lollipops because the guy at the counter ain"t looking. It"s childish, anti-social...and just fucking stupid.
1. When the child is offering you the lollipop, it would be rude to not accept.
2. The guy at the counter is the one offering you the free shit. He"s even going to deliver it to your door. He gives it away with a fucking smile and thank you.

God, you"re really a woman, the kind who cries rape after buying the guy dinner, bringing the guy home, fucking his brains out for the 45 seconds necessary, and then gets sad after you realize he was only interested because you offered dinner and 45 second sex. Maybe if you got free pizza you wouldn"t be so pissed off. Free pizza keeps false rape convictions from happening, and the sooner you realize that the better. Asshole.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This thread is a trainwreck of piracy, cynicism, twisted justice and cheese.

It"s wonderful.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dumbfuckstein, this is all about advertising and exactly this goal was achieved and way more than they could have hoped. Because of this, so many people had their attention directed at Papa Johns, and that is what advertising is about. It doesn"t matter that maybe a few thousand Pizzas were scammed here as long as more people will visit Papa Johns because of this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Quineloe said:
Dumbfuckstein, this is all about advertising and exactly this goal was achieved and way more than they could have hoped. Because of this, so many people had their attention directed at Papa Johns, and that is what advertising is about. It doesn"t matter that maybe a few thousand Pizzas were scammed here as long as more people will visit Papa Johns because of this.
I think this was all about rewarding existing customers, not rewarding a bunch of internet forum junkies who just MIGHT turn into a repeat customer. You"re not seriously insinuating that they intentionally fubar"d this stupid coupon thing? Why not just give a free pizza away without the coupon, if that was the intent.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Quineloe said:
Then you wouldn"t need a code. Just give them a gift certificate with their payed pizza.
Right, that"s what I"m saying. If they wanted to give away free pizzas, they would just give them away and not make a code. While I doubt they lost much money on this, I also doubt they are drumming up a bunch of new business with people who would game the system.

Free pizza is awesome. If someone offers you free pizza, you should take it and be happy.

If someone offers someone else a code for free pizza and you use the code to take that person"s free pizza, you"re a thief. Not a "steal a car at gunpoint" thief but a "download all the music/games/movies you want cause they can make more" thief.

I could spend several pages explaining the concept of repeated minor crimes having huge reprocussions, but most of your eyes would just glaze over at the thought of not taking free pizza.

Divinefactor_foh

shitlord
I am going with the marketing side on this...

How many of my friends did I tell to get a free Papa John"s pizza? A bunch, will some of them be repeat customers? You betcha.

Did the regular TV advertisements work on them? Nope, they were busy getting 5 dollar pizzas from little ceasars...

Net Result from giving away free pizza: Reaching a much larger audience and possibly getting repeat customers. At a cost thats MUCH less than even ONE advertisement on any TV station anyone watches.

Bo Jackson_foh

shitlord
I didn"t even get a free pizza from this scam but listening to you all talk about it and looking at the pictures made me crave it and I ordered one yesterday. If I had seen it in time I would have done it for sure. After all the money I have given them over the years I would not feel the least bit bad scamming a couple of free medium pizzas.

Who here is so easily influenced and gullible that ordering a free pizza once will suddenly make you order from the same place again in the future?

Really? Come on. Half of you didn"t even know where the closest Papa John"s was to you, and you"ll never order it again I"m betting. Thieves.

Divinefactor_foh

shitlord
are you being facetious on purpose Grobbee?

The mere fact that half of us didnt know where the closest one was... and now do and have tasted their product and considered it as a possible choice, is an amazing advertising campaign...

Viral Advertising at its finest... even if it wasn"t their intended plan, it still worked out pretty damn well for them.

OhSeven

Mediocre Negro
<Prior Amod>
Just a little testimonial here.

I, like several others here, didn"t even know where the closest Papa John"s to me was. I dropped a few codes and got some free pizza"s. I"ll be picking up my order (i.e. actually paying) for my 2nd pizza on my way home from work today.

Papa John"s is good shit and I"ll likely pick up a med pizza at least once a month now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i ddint order any papa john pizzas but i wouldnt consider this stunt as a theft. they were planning on giving away those pizzas anyway. they lost nothing. they gave away those free pizzas to encourage repeat patronage to papajohns. that was achieved. the people this was intended for are not owed anything. since they got the pizzas they paid for and just didnt receive pizzas they didnt pay for. is it theft if you lose something you never had in the first place and it didnt cost you anything?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Astrocreep said:
is it theft if you lose something you never had in the first place and it didnt cost you anything?
is it not not theft if you dont pay for something you did not have and it did not have any poor rammifications that were not desired?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
you know you"re lame when you"re arguing the morality of free pizza on the internet.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
kegkilla said:
you know you"re lame when you"re arguing the morality of free pizza on the internet.
It would be a ton simpler (and guilt-free) if people would just listen to the Advice Dog.

EDIT: you fuckers make me lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Honestly not sure why you would even bother trying to legitimize theft with thoughts of "They wanted me to do it." Just say you"re stealing and be done with it.

I am stealing Windows7 right now because I want it, but don"t want to go through the hassle of getting a legit copy. I stole the guns and roses album because I wanted it, but didn"t want to pay for it. It isn"t hard.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Tuco said:
Honestly not sure why you would even bother trying to legitimize theft with thoughts of "They wanted me to do it." Just say you"re stealing and be done with it.

I am stealing Windows7 right now because I want it, but don"t want to go through the hassle of getting a legit copy. I stole the guns and roses album because I wanted it, but didn"t want to pay for it. It isn"t hard.
Heh, no shit.

Edit: Grabbing myself a copy of windows 7 as well. Don"t be ashamed to be a internet pirate. Take what you can, give nothing back!

Malakriss_foh

shitlord
I don"t see how you could call it theft, or hell could you even call it shoplifting? Papa John"s accepts the order, produces the goods, and freakin" delivers it straight to your door. They know you"re getting it, they know you"re not paying for it.

At worst you"re just an asshole if you don"t tip the driver?

Edit: On a related note, does anyone have that old comic "Nobody could clip coupons like Mrs. _____" ?

Edit #2: Found a google page scan with it.