Easy Way Steal Pizza

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Malakriss said:
I don"t see how you could call it theft, or hell could you even call it shoplifting? Papa John"s accepts the order, produces the goods, and freakin" delivers it straight to your door. They know you"re getting it, they know you"re not paying for it.

At worst you"re just an asshole if you don"t tip the driver?

Edit: On a related note, does anyone have that old comic "Nobody could clip coupons like Mrs. _____" ?

Edit #2: Found a google page scan with it.
By the mere fact that people are debating it makes it "debatable", so decide how you will, and keep in mind all the philosophy of universal good(via God/outside influence etc) vs man"s logical thought if you come up with an answer that doesn"t point towards stealing.

However in my mind, anytime you lie and receive something because of that lie, that"s "theft". Your argument could be made to virtually anything you can fraud that involves some device or person willingly handing you money under a false pretense. ATM hacking, lying about who you are, saying you"ll pay someone back etc.

Even if you could weasel your mind out of thinking of it as stealing, you"ll be hard pressed to avoid thinking of it as lying or cheating.

I think people just like to think of themselves as "good" people and will mentally wriggle away from thinking of their actions as stealing so they can keep up the false pretense.

Frankly I don"t care. I like Papa Johns and I have too much spare cash so I won"t steal from them. If it was domino"s I"d probably steal pizza and feed it to local deer.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I still like pizza hut better, only a free pizza swayed me to go elsewhere.

Chips_foh

shitlord
I felt bad about stealing 2 free pizza"s so I donated my facebook status for 2 hours telling others to buy papa johns.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
lost said:
I still like pizza hut better, only a free pizza swayed me to go elsewhere.
Speaking of -- they they change their recipie lately? I had ordered only pizza hut for years, and ever since they changed their boxes to read "The Hut" on them, their pizza has failed me every single time. It tastes radically different.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
All of you guys calling this theft -- have you ever scoured the net for coupons before shopping for something online --for example looking at places like retailmenot.comand trying the promo codes till you find one that works? By your logic, you"re stealing.

If you"re arguing that you"re stealing "a whole pizza" by using these codes then you obviously would be stealing "one slice" worth of an order using a $3 off coupon. I don"t see how getting a pizza for free is any different than getting a pizza for a less price using a coupon that you didn"t actually qualify for, or "earn". Scouring the net for codes is no different than scouring the input field on papajohns web.

And everyone does it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
back in the day there was a chinese buffet by me that was 5.50 for all you can eat, they used to have an ad in the free tv guide thingy that supermarkets always have by their exits that with this coupon you would eat for 3.99. one time me and a friend decided at the last minute we wanted some chinee food and went in there without coupons. as luck would have it while we werew waiting for our table we saw that by the waiting chairs was a stack of those TV guide thingys.

so we took 2 tv guides thumbed through the pages and cut out the coupons . i guess the owner saw us and got all bent out of shape saying we cant use those coupons because we got them inside the restaurant and we didnt have them coming in so we would have to pay full price. it was just a 3 dollar difference for two people and paid no sweat, but why be a dick to your customers when you were the ones providing those TV guide thingies with the coupons? was i unfairly trying to screw the owner over?

No. The owner paid for and accepts those coupons in an effort to get more people to come in. You getting them while you were already in defeats the purpose. As a business owner, I wouldn"t have said a word and accepted your coupons while making sure that no one else could pick up any more coupons while already in my restaurant. As you said, $3 isn"t worth giving your customer a less than perfect experience.

In this case:
Malakriss said:
From what I"ve gathered:

With the purchase of a gift card, you are awarded a free medium pizza. This is claimed via a coupon code that is recognized by their online ordering system. The codes are sequential alphabetically, so some internet genius figured out that you could switch the letters within the range and find unclaimed codes to use for yourself.
It seems coupons were given for buying something. The coupons are very insecure and people here are taking advantage of that insecurity to get free pizza. Much like leaving your car unlocked and someone helping himself to the CDs you left on the seat.

Of course, pizza is made of cheap materials, and we like to ignore labor and overhead costs, so the free pizza doesn"t actually cost Papa Johns anything...and their rich anyway so they deserve to give things out for free.

was careful to not call it stealing or theft because people might get butthurt

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Legally, it"s fraud, not theft.

FYI I"m a supreme court judge so I feel qualified in my answer.

Arbitrary said:
What happened to you Dr. Funkenstein? You used to be cool.
I was never cool.

And really I"m just being a dick because my local Papa Johns was no longer accepting the codes .

And you"re probably right about it being fraud rather than theft. That changes the whole thing because fraud is okay.

The whole purpose behind promos like these is to advertise, not to say "thanks for being a good customer and buying a gift card". When someone gets a free pizza they usually tell someone about it and then Papa John"s now has, not just one, but 2 or maybe 3 or 4 people that are thinking about Papa John"s. This is EXACTLY why restaurants give out free shit: people love to talk about the free shit they are getting.

If Papa John"s knew that they had a thread dedicated to them on FoHSS with over 18,000 views they would probably be thrilled to give us all the free promo codes they could muster.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
got a friend who lives in Washnington PA and all he talks about is vocellis. gets me crazy cuz there isnt one around here in NJ